Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

It's Deadline Day!!!

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

Tauren wrote: »
    They could, but they won't - they're having enough problems trying to fit Bojan, Henry, Eto'o and Messi into the team properly.
    true but can't see that stopping them, Could maybe panic buy. Tis possible

Rumours stopped for lunch?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 553 ✭✭✭suckslikeafox

McCartney of West Ham for Sunderland, not a bad signing for Roy plus it frees up a spot in the backline for Ferriera

• Closed Accounts Posts: 303 ✭✭pesireland

DenMan wrote: »
    Within seconds I read two reports on the Sky Sports website. Ajax say Klaas Jan Huntelaar could leave the club and then they denied he is leaving. Amazing. Of course this means he may end up leaving before midnight, or maybe not, maybe, maybe not..............

Could this be the surprise rafa has in store, damn i'd love it. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,446 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

CHD wrote: »
    Rumours stopped for lunch?
    agents are almost human too you know, they need to eat.

agents are almost human too you know, they need to eat.
    I heard they don't need to eat they feed on greed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Even if we don't (and we most likely won't) sign Berbatov, just reading the reactions of United fans on various forums is worth it! Hilarious stuff!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 303 ✭✭pesireland

@ Xavi6 LOL just read your sig, good old Mayor Quimby, although not as good as old Clarence Wiggem :D

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Even if we don't (and we most likely won't) sign Berbatov, just reading the reactions of United fans on various forums is worth it! Hilarious stuff!
    Would love to see there faces if it happened.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,407 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Ain't that the tooth!!

Some selections from the Utd thread incase anyone hasn't dropped in:
    MIN2511 wrote: »
    Arabs have the money

They win :(
    If he goes to City.....Berbatov and City,club and player to hate the most ever...
    Sparky you treacherous b*astard, moving to Citeh was bad enough but this takes the cake

:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

Berbatov to City would be an amazing masterstroke by City.

Will United stump up the extra cash, Spurs are under no obligation to let Berbatov go to the team that he wants.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,425 ✭✭✭FearDark

I work for British Airways in Heathrow and theres a Mr. Berbatov booked on the 16:40 flight to Madrid!:eek:

Maybe i should search for a Mr. Robinho flying to London??

SSN have just said this -

HUGHES AT ACADEMY GOLF DAY, CONFIRMED THE BID FOR BERBA AND HAS BEEN ACCEPTED BY SPURS HOPES TO MEET HIM LATER!!!!!!!!! PLUS 2 BIDS FOR OTHER PLAYERS

And from Sporting Life -

1426: More astonishing Berbatov news. Sky Sports News now claiming that Mark Hughes says he's meeting the Bulgarian this afternoon. Amazing stuff.

If berbatov ends up at man city, every united supporter should put me on their ignor elist and the mods better getting their banning fingers ready cause i'm gonna go ape **** all over the United thread.

I'm just gonna wait and see. Berba wanted to move in the 1st place so he could play CL footie. I dont see moving from Spurs to Citeh as a step up (sorry, genuinely not being a WUM saying that).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭Badabing

Why would he go to Man City? their only in the uefa cup, oh wait £130,000 wage packet!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,815 ✭✭✭Charlie

I'm guessing Fergie is looking like something that resembles this right now.

If berbatov ends up at man city, every united supporter should put me on their ignor elist and the mods better getting their banning fingers ready cause i'm gonna go ape **** all over the United thread.

I have my roflcopter .gif ready to expedite the process. No charge. :pac:

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    I have my roflcopter .gif ready to expedite the process. No charge. :pac:

Taurens potential tantrum will actually make the Berba thing easy to take if he does join the massives!

• Advertisement

Taurens potential tantrum will actually make the Berba thing easy to take if he does join the massives!
    Anything to help you through (i can actually feel the anger already building...(like the Hulk sitting here, without the imposing size or strength)

HUGHES AT ACADEMY GOLF DAY, CONFIRMED THE BID FOR BERBA AND HAS BEEN ACCEPTED BY SPURS HOPES TO MEET HIM LATER!!!!!!!!! PLUS 2 BIDS FOR OTHER PLAYERS

And from Sporting Life -

1426: More astonishing Berbatov news. Sky Sports News now claiming that Mark Hughes says he's meeting the Bulgarian this afternoon. Amazing stuff.

1430: The latest from Man City - and I have to say that they are fast becoming the club of the day. BBC Sport understands that a £30m bid has indeed been made for Dimitar Berbatov, while the club are in talks with Valencia's David Villa and Stuttgart's Mario Gomez.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/7590492.stm

1430: The latest from Man City - and I have to say that they are fast becoming the club of the day. BBC Sport understands that a £30m bid has indeed been made for Dimitar Berbatov, while the club are in talks with Valencia's David Villa and Stuttgart's Mario Gomez.

Lol!

I'm guessing Fergie is looking something that resembles this right now.

Just clicked the link on your sig for "post of the year". Oh jesus testify - that man is on the ****ing trolley.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭Wreck

Everytime I open this thread I can't help but laugh out loud :D and my boss is giving me evils.

SirAlexFerguson_600071.jpg

• Advertisement

Just clicked the link on your sig for "post of the year". Oh jesus testify - that man is on the ****ing trolley.

Indeed. Bono or Geldof should get behind a campaign to eradicate such cretins from the gene pool.

Wreck wrote: »
    Everytime I open this thread I can't help but laugh out loud :D and my boss is giving me evils.

Work is for the poor imo.

"Work is the scourge of the drinking classes". Oscar Wilde.

You know that feeling in Football Manager where it's deadline day and you've got a bulging transfer kitty - that's what's happening at City today.

I'd expect them to bring in some savage transfers with all the rumours flying around.

Saha has signed for Everton

• Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭Dolph Starbeam

And from Sporting Life -

*fingers crossed*

I'm not a fan of someone coming in and buying titles like Chelsea but someone else to challenge the top 4 will be nice.

• Advertisement

Imagine just as Berbs, Villa, and Gomes are about to be unveiled at COMS, some chap in a sheiks outfit rips off his headgear, and reveals himself to be Rio, filming a new series of hs 'merced' show.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭DeadSkin

And from Sporting Life -

What's brilliant about this is, Hughes is out hitting a few golf balls and so far they have been linked with Villa & Berbatov. What a day to be a Prem League manager eh!!!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭Wreck

Work is for the poor imo.

"Work is the scourge of the drinking classes". Oscar Wilde.

After pok3rplaya's recent post in the BBVB thread I'm seriously reconsidering my position. :)

Wreck wrote: »
    After pok3rplaya's recent post in the BBVB thread I'm seriously reconsidering my position. :)

lol - yeah he's a sicko alright.

Should have made a few bets on transfers today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭DubDani

Mario Gomes is a def. non-starter, as the german transferlist closed at 12 pm today, and he was not on it. Nobody who was not on the german list at 12 pm can move clubs anymore (be it in or out).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

DubDani wrote: »
    Mario Gomes is a def. non-starter, as the german transferlist closed at 12 pm today, and he was not on it. Nobody who was not on the german list at 12 pm can move clubs anymore (be it in or out).

You sure? Nearly positive it's just the buying club who needs to be in the transfer window.

SantryRed wrote: »
    You sure? Nearly positive it's just the buying club who needs to be in the transfer window.
    yup i beleive this is true

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭DubDani

pretty certain about that. This is the latest german transferlist from 12 pm today:

http://dfl.de/media/native/dfl/transferlisten/72-08-09.pdf

• Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭Dolph Starbeam

According to 2fm Berbatov has signed for City:eek:

:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,046 ✭✭✭eZe^

This is brilliant, 100 times more exciting than the actual matches in the EPL... :pac::pac::pac: COME ON CITY!!! Hahahahahah

When do United play City?:pac:

When do United play City?:pac:

Not soon enough!

(November I think)

So Hughes is out playing golf?

He must of just walked into the COMS today, put down a list of ten players and said 'get me as many of these as you can':pac:

God this is hilarious.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,908 ✭✭✭Daysha

Jesus, has anyone been listening to this guy on SSN talk about the new owners? He said that the new owners had noted that Abramovich had spent around £500m to get Chelsea to where they were and the they're willing to go as far above that as it takes to do the same!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭ROCKMAN

City v Utd

Sunday 30th Nov 1.30pm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

/me faints. All I can say is well done City and I'm jumping on yore (ma) bandwagon :pac:

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ziggy

This post has been deleted.

mike65 wrote: »
    /me faints. All I can say is well done City and I'm jumping on yore (ma) bandwagon :pac:

Mike.

You wont be if they finish 4th stoppin ur lot gettin into the CL! :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

Any chance ManU could actually be goin for someone else for cheaper? Benzema for 20mil mebbe?

Advertisement