Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

It's Deadline Day!!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

You wont be if they finish 4th stoppin ur lot gettin into the CL! :pac:

4th pfft...we're going for number 1 baby

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

SofaK wrote: »
    Any chance ManU could actually be goin for someone else for cheaper? Benzema for 20mil mebbe?
    Benzema aint goin anywhere i think

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,139 ✭✭✭flanzer

This is unbelievable if Berbatov signs for City. This is 1,000,000 times better than Liverpool wiping Everton's eye of Sissoko and Riera (maybe?).

It also hightlights the fact that Duabi investors are the way forward. C'mon DIC, get a move on and oust the Yanks!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

I'm just waiting on the sneaky bid for Michael Owen!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

So we will really see if it was Berbs dream of playing Champions league footy or a big fat pay cheque.

At least Ronaldihno told City where to go and I hope Berbs does the same. Meh if he goes to City though.

I like City's new owners ambition. Top 4 this season, the league next season and the Champions league the year after. It should be a walk in the park.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

God, SSN needs to get a few cameras down to Manchester right now! I wanna have a laugh out of this!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,871 ✭✭✭Karmafaerie

I'm just waiting on the sneaky bid for Michael Owen!

Did Owen not sign a new contract yesterday?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

reports utd turning to eto
    on the joe DUFFY show

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

It's gettin close to my bed time but how the feck can I sleep with all this going on?!?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭DeadSkin

reports utd turning to eto
    on the joe DUFFY show

:D:D:D

• Advertisement

Xavi6 wrote: »
    It's gettin close to my bed time but how the feck can I sleep with all this going on?!?!
    Power nap FTW you will only miss an hour of action.

gogogogogogo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

Contemplate city's last 10 seasons, should knock you out quick enough..:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,839 ✭✭✭Hobart

Lol, Berba to City would be just hilarious. I hear elsewhere that David Villa and another "as yet unnamed" player are being bidded on!! Go the Citeh!!

ntlbell wrote: »
    Contemplate city's last 10 seasons, should knock you out quick enough..:pac:

I'll have you know that 6 promotions and relegations in 7 seasons is rivetting stuff!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 303 ✭✭pesireland

Anyone else getting the feeling this type of thing is ruining the EPL, Millionaire owers buying clubs and just throwing money at it, damn wish them yanks would do the same :D

TBH City are as bad as spurs they bid for every player under the sun but when i comes down to it the player always bails out of the move.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

I'm just loving City taking the p!iss out of Utd today. Great stuff, great entertainment!!

yep the amount a year a club can spend needs to be limited

caps on wages etc

put the foot down...

City to pull out of the deal at Midnight and point and laugh at United!

monkey9 wrote: »
    I'm just loving City taking the p!iss out of Utd today. Great stuff, great entertainment!!

yeah? did a lot of good when chelsea tried it...

pesireland wrote: »
    Anyone else getting the feeling this type of thing is ruining the EPL, Millionaire owers buying clubs and just throwing money at it, damn wish them yanks would do the same :D

TBH City are as bad as spurs they bid for every player under the sun but when i comes down to it the player always bails out of the move.

'Every player under the sun'? What are you on about?

We've got money to spend and we're bidding on three players today, no more. Don't believe everything you read in the news feeds.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

I'd be shocked if Berbatov signed for City. He wants CL football after all, it would be a stupid thing to do.

What the real issue is however is City have set an asking price. United won't budge because its still not a club who Berbatov wants to go to, so its not a real issue. But Spurs will want the same that City are offering. But imo, Spurs will still accept less. This will be just like the Ronaldinho deal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

How exactly are City taking the piss? They got some money in this morning and are going on a spree.

PHB wrote: »
    I'd be shocked if Berbatov signed for City. He wants CL football after all, it would be a stupid thing to do.

What the real issue is however is City have set an asking price. United won't budge because its still not a club who Berbatov wants to go to, so its not a real issue. But Spurs will want the same that City are offering. But imo, Spurs will still accept less. This will be just like the Ronaldinho deal.
    Yeah more than likely. Buzzkill

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭Ruskie4Rent

Saw a dude on SSN, who i'm assuming is connected to the Abu Dhabi lads, who says their ambition is the to be in the top 4 at the end of this season, title winners next season and the next year the target is to be European champions, and they will spend as much as possible to achieve these goals.

I'd imagine Berbatov could be lured by this ambition, even though it still sounds far fetched.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,096 ✭✭✭DenMan

I find it incredibily annoying how Liverpool fans complain about the lack of investment at their club. The money Benitez has been spending over the last 3-4 years is astounding. Bringing in players, then realising they weren't good enough and selling them on, come on guys. At Valencia he was a very successfull manager with a small squad to pick from, with little or no money available to him. Now he doesn't even now what his preferred team is. That sounds like he has become complacent. Take away the cheque book from him and let him get on with it and work with the players he has. No wonder why they are so inconsistant in the league.

'Every player under the sun'? What are you on about?

Ronaldinho, Ronaldo THE FAT ONE, Villa, Berbatov etc players that imo have no interest i signing for city :rolleyes:

We've got money to spend and we're bidding on three players today, no more. Don't believe everything you read in the news feeds.

Bold

I'd imagine Berbatov could be lured by this ambition, even though it still sounds far fetched.

Like the ambition of Spurs?

DenMan wrote: »
    I find it incredibily annoying how Liverpool fans complain about the lack of investment at their club. The money Benitez has been spending over the last 3-4 years is astounding. Bringing in players, then realising they weren't good enough and selling them on, come on guys. At Valencia he was a very successfull manager with a small squad to pick from, with little or no money available to him. Now he doesn't even now what his preferred team is. That sounds like he has become complacent. Take away the cheque book from him and let him get on with it and work with the players he has. No wonder why they are so inconsistant in the league.

Rafa has spent, but also recouped a fair amount of money, thing is while the other 3 in the top 4 spend, we are not given the resources to stay with them :o, While we improve in certain areas Man Utd and Chelsea spend like there is not tomorrow and just pull further away again and liverpool just can't do that, esspesially now, Damn Yanks :mad:

Rafa has spent, but also recouped a fair amount of money, thing is while the other 3 in the top 4 spend, we are not given the resources to stay with them

Utter crap, especially the Arsenal bit, as anyone who has been around on this forum for long knows. Do a search for transfer prices and you'll see how misguided this view is.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,608 ✭✭✭Spud83

RasTa wrote: »
    At least Ronaldihno told City where to go and I hope Berbs does the same. Meh if he goes to City though.

Bad example to be honest.

AC Milan aren't in the CL either.

He went there because it was Milan V Manchester (the cities not the clubs)

Oddly enough, the reason Spurs got Berbatov in the first place was because he gave them his word to sign for them, United came in with a last minute bid, but he insisted on going to Spurs as he said he would.

Bold

Who said we had actually tabled a bid for Villa?

And as for the use of etc, can you finish the list please? 4 players is not 'every player under the sun'.

Oh, and as for having 'no interest', Hughes has made it clear he wants another striker. We have to money so we're going for the best available.

Bitter Utd fans trying to vent their frustrations on Liverpool.

That's original!;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭Ruskie4Rent

Like the ambition of Spurs?

No. The new citeh owners want trophies at any cost. Spurs won't match their spending power.

Saw this on the BBC rumour ticker!
    1559: "I have just seen Fergie in a supermarket in Cheadle taking back cases of Bulgarian wine. He didn't look happy."

:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,008 ✭✭✭delija_sever029

If this isnt good propaganda to impress fans on the beggining,new City's owners will make Roman to look like pussy cat comparing to them

John O'Flynn leaving Cork for Barnet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,677 ✭✭✭Chong

John O'Flynn leaving Cork for Barnet
    He is overrated!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,096 ✭✭✭DenMan

Rafa has spent, but also recouped a fair amount of money, thing is while the other 3 in the top 4 spend, we are not given the resources to stay with them :o, While we improve in certain areas Man Utd and Chelsea spend like there is not tomorrow and just pull further away again and liverpool just can't do that, esspesially now, Damn Yanks :mad:

I am an Arsenal fan and with Man Utd/Chelsea aside would love to access to Liverpool's funds. Unfortunately we have a salary cap in place which is holding us back. This coupled with not giving players over the age of 30 a two year deal is hurting the club in my opinion. Also being one of the very few privately owned clubs with a board that hasn't changed since the 70's with little knowledge of the modern game. Miss David Dein now. Average age of the squad doesn't help either.

He hasn't recouped an awful lot in all fairnest. Any other business and you would be out the door. No wonder they Yanks are reluctant to give him more money.

http://soccerlens.com/benitez-to-take-liverpool-spending-to-120m-in-his-4th-year/1344/

That's original!;)

Have u seen the amount of Liverpool fans havin a go? celebrating City making a bid for a player as if Liverpool just won something. Go read the United thread and then we'll talk aabout whose fans are bitter mate ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 553 ✭✭✭suckslikeafox

That's original!;)

Maybe not original but it still makes us feel better!

Utter crap, especially the Arsenal bit, as anyone who has been around on this forum for long knows. Do a search for transfer prices and you'll see how misguided this view is.

tbf its not really aimed at Arsenal, but more at man utd and chelsea, but arsenal have spent alot on kids for over the last 5 years and are now reeping the rewards. Rafa is now also trying to do they same at liverpool and bought many talented young kids.

Man Utd Spend correct me if im wrong with some of these prices, Rio £28M, Rooney £24m, Evra £6m, Carrick £18m, Hargreaves £15m, RVN £20m, Tevez £20, Ronaldo £15m, Nani £12m, Anderson £13m, Saha £12m they are all big big price players tbh, and im not gonna even start on Chelsea.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

Not true. Utd have spent nothing this Summer and have sold a few players. Chelsea have spent about 22.5 million. Less than liverpool. Plus Chelsea have released 11 players this summer permanent or otherwise.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Have u seen the amount of Liverpool fans havin a go? celebrating City making a bid for a player as if Liverpool just won something. Go read the United thread and then we'll talk aabout whose fans are bitter mate ;)

I know, truly great fun on transfer deadline day!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

As already noted on the Liverpool thread -

Liverpool full-back Steve Finnan has signed for Spanish side Espanyol on a two-year deal for an undisclosed fee. We have yet to hear that Albert Riera has completed his move.

Mike

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

Saw a dude on SSN, who i'm assuming is connected to the Abu Dhabi lads, who says their ambition is the to be in the top 4 at the end of this season, title winners next season and the next year the target is to be European champions, and they will spend as much as possible to achieve these goals.

Who are these ABU's, and do they have a newsletter?

Seriously, though, does this not look like a hoax?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,908 ✭✭✭Daysha

Man Utd Spend correct me if im wrong with some of these prices, Rio £28M, Rooney £24m, Evra £6m, Carrick £18m, Hargreaves £15m, RVN £20m, Tevez £20, Ronaldo £15m, Nani £12m, Anderson £13m, Saha £12m they are all big big price players tbh, and im not gonna even start on Chelsea.

Tevez hasn't been bought yet. He's still on loan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,404 ✭✭✭Goodluck2me

Oddly enough, the reason Spurs got Berbatov in the first place was because he gave them his word to sign for them, United came in with a last minute bid, but he insisted on going to Spurs as he said he would.

interesting if true. SSN says he's in a car with fergie going to Carrington Road now.

tbf its not really aimed at Arsenal, but more at man utd and chelsea, but arsenal have spent alot on kids for over the last 5 years and are now reeping the rewards. Rafa is now also trying to do they same at liverpool and bought many talented young kids.

Yeh, you didn't do a search, cause once again, the view is utterly wrong. Look around, or better yet, ask anyone who has read this forum for more than a year, or look in all the superthreads for the same debate about it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭DeadSkin

In the past 12 months Rafa has spent roughly £65m on Torres/Mascherano/Keane/Skyrtle which imo is money well spent. I will say he has ignored buying wingers until now, with Reira deal almost done.

• Advertisement
Advertisement