Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

It's Deadline Day!!!

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Stoke City rumoured to be on the verge of signing Jermaine Pennant. Anyone hear anything about that?
    And can we get rid of all the OT posting?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,098 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Stoke City rumoured to be on the verge of signing Jermaine Pennant. Anyone hear anything about that?
    And can we get rid of all the OT posting?

the story earlier on today anyway was that Pool agreed a fee with stoke, but Pennant rejected the personal terms.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,008 ✭✭✭delija_sever029

eZe^ wrote: »
    Diego Milito has gone to Genoa for 8 million fu*king euro. Ridiculous, all the big clubs are a*sholes for missing out on that (us included). At a top club he will score you 20+ goals a season. I'd rate him higher than Keane, and up there with Berbatov. GOD DAMNIT WHAT A WASTE OF A QUALITY PLAYER....

I must say i am shocked with this news,this player could go to Barca or any other high class club but genova?!?!WTF??? idont get it,probably as everyone else doesnt,maybe he had some other reasons to go there....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

There's been a bit of a lull the last while. Hopefully there will be some exciting moves on the horizon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,046 ✭✭✭eZe^

I must say i am shocked with this news,this player could go to Barca or any other high class club but genova?!?!WTF??? idont get it,probably as everyone else doesnt,maybe he had some other reasons to go there....

He played here before his move to Saragossa.

• Advertisement

eZe^ wrote: »
    He played here before his move to Saragossa.

Wait,but wasnt he on the barca's list of wishes?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,521 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Dunno whether it's been brought up yet but heard Michael Owen, Diarra and "Garcia" didn't catch first name could be going to Tottenham. Probably bullcrap but hopefully not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,492 ✭✭✭MementoMori

dsmythy wrote: »
    Dunno whether it's been brought up yet but heard Michael Owen, Diarra and "Garcia" didn't catch first name could be going to Tottenham. Probably bullcrap but hopefully not.

There was talk of the other Luis Garcia [not the Liverpool one] moving to Spurs earlier this summer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Some talk (aparenty informed) that Heskey is going to sign for Villa

Mike

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

dsmythy wrote: »
    It's Sergio Garcia also from Zaragoza

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Where you getting that from Mike, sounds possibly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,350 ✭✭✭Het-Field

According to some friends over in the East End of London Paolo Feirrera, Walter Pandiani, Frazier Campbell, and Joey Barton have all agreed deals with West Ham. However, it is reputed that only two of these will actually go through.

Please let it be Campbell and Feirrera

Villain, a correspondent on Sky (he was at Stoke but said he was talking to someone earlier who offered that nugget up. The chap said he regarded the source as reliable).

The madness continues, on bbc.co.uk/football

2149: Could Emile Heskey and Michael Owen really be about to resume their partnership at Tottenham? You'll hear it here first(ish) if they do...

Mike

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,908 ✭✭✭Daysha

SSN: News of big BIG deal brewing to be announced at 10pm headlines.

2154: ANOTHER REAL-LIFE PREMIER LEAGUE SIGNING
    Carlo Nash has left Wigan Athletic to sign for Everton. Now I don't mean to be rude, but I'm guessing he's not the signing Toffees fans were hoping for?

Mike

BREAKING NEWS:

Spanish Radio announced City have just signed Robinho! Just read it on another forum, so could be BS

HOLY CRAPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP! :eek:

Its on sky, 40 million

Mike

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭BFassassin

deise59 wrote: »
    BREAKING NEWS:

Spanish Radio announced City have just signed Robinho! Just read it on another forum, so could be BS
    SSN also reporting it

And SSN have it covered now.

W.....T.....F

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭The Sparrow

HOLY FCUK!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭Wreck

lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,350 ✭✭✭Het-Field

Thats the new Tevez/Mascherano deal.

Man City will be a force to be reckoned with. Jo, Robinio and Elano will be a formidable force

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Jesus City upstaging Chelsea! Roman won't be happy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,492 ✭✭✭MementoMori

OMFG

Poor SWP

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,815 ✭✭✭Charlie

Little Akon at COMS!

Fat Sam on Sky Sports 1 saying that the move could be scuppered over work permit issues because he doesn't hold an EU passport.

If August 31st 2007 was worst transfer day ever this must be the best. Even though I hate the whole concept tbh.

Mike

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,678 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

breaking news on ssn

robino bid from city for around 34 million pounds has been excepted from real madrid

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,635 ✭✭✭tribulus

Wow, any links to the Robinho talks?

Fat Sam on Sky Sports 1 saying that the move could be scuppered over work permit issues because he doesn't hold an EU passport.

Good point, never thought about that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,677 ✭✭✭Chong

Wont happen its all cock, all of Man Citys talk is cock, its all talk based upon Arab owners stirring up interest.

I truly feel sorry for robinho if he signs for City, its not big enough, he belongs at Madrid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭DeadSkin

This has been some crazy ass day.

Any chance it was brought to us by Carlsberg :pac:

But what happened with Chelsea? It's not as if they can't afford that amount of money. The reason a deal never went through was because the Madrid manager was reluctant to sell and wanted to sign a replacement. What changed?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,095 ✭✭✭zing

If that deal for Robinho does go ahead then Xavi6 is going to be one happy little camper when he wakes up from snoozy land.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Smegball

Chelsea will still get him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

zing wrote: »
    If that deal for Robinho does go ahead then Xavi6 is going to be one happy little camper when he wakes up from snoozy land.
    He's prob sucking coffee through a straw to try and get out of the coma he fell into!

• Advertisement

Robinho to City????!?!?!?! Is this a joke?????

I doubt any of this stuff will happen.

Mike

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

being reported as agreed in many places

Yup purported by their new owners, I feel sorry for City fans, when they get nothing!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,648 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

Ok Mr. X we get it you don't like city.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

Little Akon at COMS!

Surely he's got the required number of caps in the past 2 years for a permit ? :confused:

Chelsea wouldn't have been after him otherwise.

mayordenis wrote: »
    Ok Mr. X we get it you don't like city.
    Nope , I feel its lousy on them if anything, they build the fans up like this and get nothing.

The press, would have them down as signing, Pele, Maradona, Jesus and Elvis if they could .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

Eh is there any where to watch SSN online ? Streaming anyone ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 759 ✭✭✭gixerfixer

Mr. X wrote: »
    Yup purported by their new owners, I feel sorry for City fans, when they get nothing!!

Bitter much

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,815 ✭✭✭Charlie

SofaK wrote: »
    Surely he's got the required number of caps in the past 2 years for a permit ? :confused:

Chelsea wouldn't have been after him otherwise.

Yes he will, but the problem is that Allardyce says that getting that work permit will be impossible before the window closes as the relevant authorities will be shut by now.

From what the Fat one was saying, i think the transfer can't go through the FA unless a work permit has already been issued.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,999 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Mark Hughes won't like all this stuff getting out. Having watched him at Blackburn over the last couple of years all the deals were done before anyone heard about them. Similar as this year, Kompany was signed before anyone know anything about it, and SWP was not going there and suddenly he had signed. I guarantee you he has some shock signing before the day ends.

gixerfixer wrote: »
    Bitter much
    Not in the slightest, I just feel the fans are being screwed around yet again. Screwed about last season by Frank, on supposedly on the day new owners arrive they are going to sign every man and his dog. How is that fair, build em up all day, and if they get no one, its not fair, makes them look like fools. What way is that to treat fans?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭DeadSkin

Mr. X wrote: »
    Not in the slightest, I just feel the fans are being screwed around yet again. Screwed about last season by Frank, on supposedly on the day new owners arrive they are going to sign every man and his dog. How is that fair, build em up all day, and if they get no one, its not fair, makes them look like fools. What way is that to treat fans?

Just aswell xavi6 is all tucked up in bed away from it all :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,871 ✭✭✭Karmafaerie

ibh wrote: »
    I seriously doubnt it's just me that thinks you post on here on all topics Liverpool in an extremely condescending manner. I don't think it endears you to a lot of posters on here, Liverpool fans or otherwise.

Finnan's game has never been about pace so i don't see how it was a major contributing factor in him being shipped out.
    Basically Rafa has taken a chance on Degan to push AA. I think Finnan should have had another shot this season as he was majorly underused last year. Rafa thinks otherwise, i hope he's right. I'd like to know when Rafa told you he wanted wing backs?? He looks to me like he wants full backs, who know how to attack.

Just because somebody disagrees with you, doesn't make them condescending.
    Although the way that I use facts can confuse the matter I suppose.

Like when I posted a list of Finnans starts a few pages ago, to end the BS arguments about Rafa trying to force him out, or giving him little game time, and nobody responded to it, seeing as you can't argue with facts.
    Well, you can, but you just look stupid.

And as for the idea of Rafa wanting Fullbacks, and not wingbacks.

What about the numerous interiews during the summer, from Rafa, stating when asked, that he wants our width to come from our left and right backs.
    In fact, he stated that this was the very reason that he signed Dosenna and Degen.
    And yes, speed isn't part of Finnans game.
    So Rafa brought in a player who does have speed to burn.
    Cause that's the kind of fullback that Liverpool need in the new formation.
    Playing 4-2-3-1 with slow fullbacks is a non-starter.

And I'm sorry, but full backs who get forward are wing backs!

If you want to ignore facts and have a slagging match.
    Good look with that.
    But calling me "condescending" for disagreeing with your broad accusation, and backing it up with facts to disprove you, is a bit stupid really.

Sorry if that came across as condescending to you.

• Advertisement
Advertisement