Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

It's Deadline Day!!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Tom65

zing wrote: »

Seems pretty confirmed. Interesting. Very interesting.

That feckin clock on SSN is making me nervous.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Hahahahaha, Chelsea fans on Radio 5 complaining about Robinho going to City 'for the money'. Alanis Morisette knows a song about that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

bye bye peter kenyon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,139 ✭✭✭flanzer

mike65 wrote: »
    Roman will have Kenyons balls in a mincer.

Mike.

Weren't they cocky enough to sell Robinho's shirt on the website only a few days ago? Roman's gonna have the hatchet out me thinks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,407 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Robinho to City hasn't been fully confirmed as of yet - just about to be apparently says the ssn guy who is there live at Eastlands.

If this does go through then all I can say is:

wathi0.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,442 ✭✭✭weemcd

SSN's guy myers in man city is a muppet, keeps turning round to the city lads behind them singin away telling them to stop singing, pure teacher shít. "down at the back" "keep it down lads, we're talking to jim in the studio"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Fair enough he prolly couldn't hear a fat lot with the cast Crimewatch 2010-12 behind him

Mike

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,871 ✭✭✭Karmafaerie

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    Robinho to City hasn't been fully confirmed as of yet - just about to be apparently says the ssn guy who is there live at Eastlands.

If this does go through then all I can say is:

wathi0.jpg

ROTFLMAO!!!:D

SSN: "I thought Abu Dhabi was an Arsenal midfielder". Erm...really? How thick are you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Remember deals made might not be announced till later.

Mike

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,446 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Tom65 wrote: »
    SSN: "I thought Abu Dhabi was an Arsenal midfielder". Erm...really? How thick are you?
    maybe he was trying to be sarcastic/funny/witty - as in Abou Diaby.

SSN: 'Happy New Year' LOL:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,446 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Remember deals made might not be announced till later.

Mike

indeed, i remember not hearing about Possebon signing til late Feb!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,095 ✭✭✭zing

6m after tax per year in salary for Robinho !

One has to wonder if he'd ever heard of City before and thought he was signing for Utd

annnnnnnnnnnnnd finished...haha im gonna streak around celbridge if robinho goes 2 chelsea:P

Tauren wrote: »
    maybe he was trying to be sarcastic/funny/witty - as in Abou Diaby.

I know he was referring to Abou Diaby...but he sounded worringly serious.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

Tom65 wrote: »

I think he might have been joking ;)

Those lads on SSN are some feckin eejits. Cutting insights like "Man City are the new Chelsea".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Is the City fan that kissed Alan Myers at Eastlands singing "We've got Labino"?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

zing wrote: »
    6m after tax per year in salary for Robinho !

6m euro, 5m pounds...

:(..thats a big blow to chelsea big big blow....Some way of repay us for giving them SWP eh?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 536 ✭✭✭swalsh

Who thinks that Calderon told Robinho that Manchester put a bid in for him and he thought Utd, he could be in for a shock!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 156 ✭✭ballroom blitz

0005: TRANSFER CONFIRMED AND MY GOD IT'S A CRACKER
    Robinho, the 24-year-old Brazilian, has left Real Madrid and signed for Manchester City. That is officially the biggest deadline day deal in history. Probably.

bbc

0005: TRANSFER CONFIRMED AND MY GOD IT'S A CRACKER
    Robinho, the 24-year-old Brazilian, has left Real Madrid and signed for Manchester City. That is officially the biggest deadline day deal in history. Probably.

bbc

confirmed by city website too:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,044 ✭✭✭Sqaull20

Who is that guy on SSN?

He's saying big prem stars have txt'ed him in disappointment of not buying fellas.

So fabregas etc are in contact with him?

He was on the phone to Kenyon earlier.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Soby wrote: »
    confirmed by city website too:(

PAH, he should have said "FACT", then it would have been true.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭Dave147

Apparently they've confirmed Robinho going to Man City.. I'd love if it were true, but I won't believe it till I see him on the pitch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

xisco gone to newcastle apparently...

Sqaull20 wrote: »
    Who is that guy on SSN?

He's saying big prem stars have txt'ed him in disappointment of not buying fellas.

So fabregas etc are in contact with him?

He was on the phone to Kenyon earlier.

probley sends a txt of one phone to the other:P

xisco gone to newcastle apparently...

So we'll be seeing his ladeez with their thong-thong-thong-thong-thongs :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

Hughes on SSN now.

do we(chelsea) really have city in our next match???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

Yea man city vs Chelsea 13th September...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/eng_prem/fixtures/default.stm

haha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

Xisco to Newcastle confirmed !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,815 ✭✭✭Charlie

The X-man confirmed, but tbh, most expected that deal to be confirmed at some stage.

Still holding out for something else, otherwise there has been a breakdown somewhere along the way getting in the 4-5 players kev said were 'irons in the fire' after the Arsenal game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

Soby wrote: »
    do we(chelsea) really have city in our next match???

Robinho and SWP to score in a 2-0 win as abrahmovich sells chelsea for £1 and invests in new latino dating site in Newcaslte.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,098 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Berbatov deal confirmed, 30mill sterling, with cambell going the other way on loan as well.

spurs website story;
    The Club can announce that it has reached agreement with Manchester United for the permanent transfer of Dimitar Berbatov for a fee of £30.75m. As part of the settlement the Club has agreed not to pursue its official complaint to the Premier League.

The deal sees Fraizer Campbell coming the other way on a season long loan. Campbell, 20, spent last season on loan at Hull City where his goals played a pivotal role in the Tiger's promotion to the Premier League.
    http://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/news/articles/manchesteruniteddeal020909.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,425 ✭✭✭FearDark

Im sorry but Robinho to Manchester City...? He'll be gone within a year, it'll be another Tevez/Mascherano "What the fcuk have we done"...

He just saw the word Manchester on the contract and signed it, cant wait til he gets to the training ground Wednesday and wonders where Ronaldo, Rooney and Berba are...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

thank god that saga is over. now we can get on with playing some football.

who is this frazier campbell bloke anyway?

any good?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Well, to be honest, I don't know if he's quite Spurs quality yet. Bent provides a lot of what he offers, isn't hugely different to Bent to be honest. That said, he's eager, incredibly incredibly quick, knows how to finish, instinctively I'd say, and works incredibly incredibly incredibly hard. Like I can't emphasise how hard he works, will chase everything and with his pace he gets a lot of joy out of it.

He is a good 3rd choice striker in a team that plays with just one. That said, I'd say he'd work well playing off Pavlechenko. Little and large and all that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,109 ✭✭✭ThE_IVIAcIVIAIV

Falque Silva Iago(Barcelona youth starlet) to juventus. not sure if theres a fee, no mention of it. maybe free transfer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,046 ✭✭✭eZe^

Falque Silva Iago(Barcelona youth starlet) to juventus. not sure if theres a fee, no mention of it. maybe free transfer.

It's a free alright, thought this was announced days ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

PHB wrote: »
    Well, to be honest, I don't know if he's quite Spurs quality yet. Bent provides a lot of what he offers, isn't hugely different to Bent to be honest. That said, he's eager, incredibly incredibly quick, knows how to finish, instinctively I'd say, and works incredibly incredibly incredibly hard. Like I can't emphasise how hard he works, will chase everything and with his pace he gets a lot of joy out of it.

He is a good 3rd choice striker in a team that plays with just one. That said, I'd say he'd work well playing off Pavlechenko. Little and large and all that.

You know the deal's already done, right? :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,109 ✭✭✭ThE_IVIAcIVIAIV

it just popped up on channel4.co.uk(sports italia) skysports and goal.com over an hour ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Mr. X wrote: »
    Wont happen its all cock, all of Man Citys talk is cock, its all talk based upon Arab owners stirring up interest.

I truly feel sorry for robinho if he signs for City, its not big enough, he belongs at Madrid.
    Smegball wrote: »
    Chelsea will still get him
    Robinho to City????!?!?!?! Is this a joke?????
    I doubt any of this stuff will happen.

Mike
    Yup purported by their new owners, I feel sorry for City fans, when they get nothing!!
    Nope , I feel its lousy on them if anything, they build the fans up like this and get nothing.

The press, would have them down as signing, Pele, Maradona, Jesus and Elvis if they could .

OH HAI GUYS, I brought you a present -

Pie_01.jpg
    :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Smegball

Xavi6 wrote: »
    OH HAI GUYS, I brought you a present -

Pie_01.jpg
    :pac:

:pac::pac:
    Yep I can admit I was both wrong and shocked tbh, fair played to ya's.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

Yous will regret it i think.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Lol really? Just like you've regretted all those superstars when Roman took over?

You wouldn't just be saying that as a disappointed Chelsea fan would you?!

Advertisement