Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best broadband in a box?

Options
  • 01-09-2008 8:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭

Hey guys,

Moved out recently and have to resort to getting broadband in a box, I know its not great but out of the lot of them which would be the best (in Swords area if anyone lives there).

I hear ripwave is good?

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

Currently only Mobile, Ripwave and Clearwire. They are not the same as Fixed Wireless, Cable or DSL. OECD does not include them in Broadband figures.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

test o2 mobile u got a grace period of 30 days
    10 gig dl cap , generally its the best mobile provider.

Vodafone is expensive, 30e a month and only a 5 gig cap but i found there service excellent, they also have a 30 day grace period

my advice
    ADVOID 3, ADVOID RIPWAVE, 10000% ADVOID Clearwise

Tryed them all and there seriously not worth the box they came in

02 3G is your best shot

• Registered Users Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭PCros

Thanks...what are the download speeds on O2 and Vodafone?

What are the general problems with Ripwave etc...?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,858 ✭✭✭paulm17781

You really are better off trying to get Cable, DSL or fixed wireless. Those broadband in a box things are awful. They're cheap because of their awfulness.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

paulm17781 wrote: »
    You really are better off trying to get Cable, DSL or fixed wireless. Those broadband in a box things are awful. They're cheap because of their awfulness.

+1 Have to agree.

MC

• Advertisement
Advertisement