Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

FAO Mods/Admins - too many stickied threads

• 01-09-2008 9:31am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭

Hi folks,

IMO, there are far too many stickied threads on this board.
    The current count is 14, thats way too many.
    It means having to scroll halfway down the page to view any current threads. Isn't that just a bit ridiculous?

If anyone else here is of the same opinion as me, please add your voice to my request.

Comments

I agree with you , they take up half the page but maybe your should put this into feedback ?

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

yea, two can deffo be taken away are the best pet shop in ireland one, and the swearing thread, like seriously talk about over the top, 48 hour ban?? lol pure madness.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭spurscormac

I agree with you , they take up half the page but maybe your should put this into feedback ?

Good idea - I'll put a link to here in the feedback forum when I get a bit more support. :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 494 ✭✭trio

Agree - it needs to be tidied up a bit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭sn00ps

+1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭rok

I agree with spurscormac, too many stickies

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

+1, a mess

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

+1 too much scrolling to do

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭Nothingcompares

keep meaning to bring this up myself. condense them all into one or two stickies.

at a glance...
    1)homes wanted
    2)Charter
    3)Pet Pics
    4)Care sheets/pet resources etc. (in here could be link to dog breeders thread also.)
    5)Mcd thing
    are all thats needed at this time.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,473 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

There is one thread that will never ever be removed & that is the tribute to Barry a much loved former moderator who sadly passed away :(

I will discuss this matter with the other mods of this forum!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,723 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Bond-007 wrote: »
    There is one thread that will never ever be removed & that is the tribute to Barry a much loved former moderator who sadly passed away :(

I will discuss this matter with the other mods of this forum!

Agreed Bond--That thread will never be unstickied.

Agreed that it does need a bit of a clean up.Ill get onto it later tonight.

My apologies, thought that was on my list, must have missed it. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭spurscormac

Go away for a few days - come back to the board and find it nicely tidied up.

To whoever did the work - thanks folks, makes it much cleaner now.

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

I'm opposed to having the Pets photo's thread drop off the top.

From discussion's with other (regular) user's of this forum its the first thread that we check on entering here.

Anyone else in agreement?.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 254 ✭✭~Thalia~

Mairt wrote: »
    I'm opposed to having the Pets photo's thread drop off the top.

From discussion's with other (regular) user's of this forum its the one thread that we check on entering here.

Anyone else in agreement?.

Agreed. I think this should be a sticky. I love to see other people's pets and most people love to show off their pets so I think it's important this stay at the top, please & thanks! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 165 ✭✭amerden

Agree

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 997 ✭✭✭MsFifers

Agree!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 327 ✭✭Beth

Agree. Even when not logged in :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭jenpup

totally agree, I love that thread and have been finding pics to bump it up with!! :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭lindtee

Agree

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,723 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

It stays so!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Hellrazer wrote: »
    It stays so!!

Your making it a sticky again?.

Mairt wrote: »
    Your making it a sticky again?.

Done!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 254 ✭✭~Thalia~

Hellrazer wrote: »
    Done!!!!

Yay! Thanks! :D ANd now can I be really picky and ask for the departed pets one to be re-sticied agaian please & thanks very much. I think it's important for people who have lost their pets to have a forum to post about them.

THanks again! :)

Advertisement