Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Deadline Day Deals

Options
  • 01-09-2008 10:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭

Corluka just signed as per official website, will many more follow ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

Hatch99 wrote: »
    Corluka just signed as per official website, will many more follow ?

Ha Ha snap for my thread :D

Pavlyuchenko signed aswell, I expect a busy day TBH. I think Ramos has something up his sleve.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

ziedth wrote: »
    Ha Ha snap for my thread :D

Pavlyuchenko signed aswell, I expect a busy day TBH. I think Ramos has something up his sleve.

Great minds n all that...

Following the croat and russian, I'll settle for Diarra, Veloso and Huntelaar.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭One-Day-Juande

Dare I say that I'm truly excited about the prospects that these deals throw up? I feel my optimism once more peaking, with the international break there's time for the dust to settle and then we'll be on to kicking some ass.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Veloso would be rather nice. Apparently a rumour that City are thinking of a Berbatov bid? Although a foreign move would suit us best it would be pretty hilarious.

Kold wrote: »
    Veloso would be rather nice. Apparently a rumour that City are thinking of a Berbatov bid? Although a foreign move would suit us best it would be pretty hilarious.

God i would die happy if that turned out to be true.
    Reports from the North West claim that Manchester City have made a late bid to hijack local rivals United's bid for Tottenham striker Dimitar Berbatov.

From sky sports news, Take their bloody arm off i say

• Advertisement

Christ that would be hilarious!

Would he really go though? i suspect that city would have to put him some serious money. I would dance like noone is watching if it happens

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

Surely he wouldn't go? I mean, City are comparable to us, striving to get into the top 4, buying decent talent, etc. There's no guarantee of Champions League football next year, whereas there always will be with Utd.

I don't know if it would be worse for us though - him going to a rival or going to a club out of our league?

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭RichMc70

13.25 Sky sources have been informed that Manchester City have tabled a bid reported to be in excess of £30million for Tottenham striker Dimitar Berbatov, who has been a long-term transfer target of Manchester United.

If nothing else manyoo are going to have to go way above what they wanted to pay (if reports are true). This saga is getting funnier by the minute.

Over 30 million!!! Well Levy is gonna be some hero for holding out if this goes through!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

Im not too sure about this one. Is it a cunning ploy to get Manyoo to up there bid ???? Will he want to play for City, having said its his dream to play for Man Utd ???????

Its gonna be an interesting few hours !!!

Give them Berba in exchange for Micah Richards :)

Hatch99 wrote: »
    Its gonna be an interesting few hours !!!

14.27 Mark Hughes has confirmed to Sky Sports News that Manchester City have had a bid for Tottenham striker Dimitar Berbatov accepted, and he now hopes to meet the striker to discuss a shock move to Eastlands.

Getting more interesting by the minute Hatch !

.27 Mark Hughes has confirmed to Sky Sports News that Manchester City have had a bid for Tottenham striker Dimitar Berbatov accepted, and he now hopes to meet the striker to discuss a shock move to Eastlands.

Please god let it be true, if anything utd cant try and low ball us

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

RichMc70 wrote: »
    14.27 Mark Hughes has confirmed to Sky Sports News that Manchester City have had a bid for Tottenham striker Dimitar Berbatov accepted, and he now hopes to meet the striker to discuss a shock move to Eastlands.

Getting more interesting by the minute Hatch !

Crazy, absolutely crazy!! :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

I'm a United fan and don't want Berbatov...but reading this thread has given me a newfound respect for Liverpool fans.

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭tomo75

:DUtd supporters are losing the rag here in work....and it's great!!!!!:D:D:D

I'm a United fan and don't want Berbatov...but reading this thread has given me a newfound respect for Liverpool fans.

I don't think manyoo comprehend the meaning of the word respect.

What manyoo fans want/don't want is irrelevant, as it is the club and their manager who decide these matters and how they go about it. In this case they have not gone about it in a disrespectful way.

Regardless of where Berbatov ends up I think most spurs fans will say good riddance as we've had enough of his sulky antics.

Hahaha, SSN keeps reading texts from ManUre fans saying "Wahwah we deserve Berbatov!"

IF YOU BID FOR A PLAYER THAT ISN'T FOR SALE THEN MAKE IT RESPECTABLE. DON'T JUST THINK THAT BECAUSE YOU WANT A PLAYER, YOU CAN JUST HAVE HIM.

"Fergie's been working on this all Summer" hahaha, working on tapping up.

I have never really had anything against UTD but in this case i agree that they have been very under-handed. If Fergie had just come in with an offer of what he thought was a fair valuation none of us would have had a problem aside from selling our best player to a club in the prem.

I hope for screwing berbatov more then screwing utd that this deal go's through, screwing UTD would just be gravy :D

Any dealings now will be a pre-contract until the next window

• Advertisement

According to SP.com Berbatov is holding talks at UTD how is this possible, was a deal excepted? i cant find anything online about a deal being done. If they stumped upto 30m City did us a huge Favour

• Registered Users Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

ziedth wrote: »
    Please god let it be true, if anything utd cant try and low ball us

Strange that you would rather strengthen a team that could knock ye lower down the pecking order than one ye are not really competing with.

I still expect him to sign for United , He says he wants to play at the highest level , City don't quite fit the bill.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

RichMc70 wrote: »
    I don't think manyoo comprehend the meaning of the word respect.

What manyoo fans want/don't want is irrelevant, as it is the club and their manager who decide these matters and how they go about it. In this case they have not gone about it in a disrespectful way.

Regardless of where Berbatov ends up I think most spurs fans will say good riddance as we've had enough of his sulky antics.

How do you feel United has been disrspectful ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭flyswatter

Diarra from Portsmouth would be a nice transfer to strengthen the midfield. Saw it in the BBC gossip column the other day.

The Muppet wrote: »
    Strange that you would rather strengthen a team that could knock ye lower down the pecking order than one ye are not really competing with.

I still expect him to sign for United , He says he wants to play at the highest level , City don't quite fit the bill.

Man City have treated us with respect. We wouldn't be in this position if Man Utd hadn't unsettled him in the first place. As far as I'm concerned, we should sell Berbatov to the highest bidder at this stage, we are working on our team and 30m will be handier to us than a sulky f*cker. Then again, if the Madrid offer is true that would be a dream.

UPDATE: Spurs alledgedly moving for Heskey. Erm... That's not what I really expected but I guess Heskey as cover isn't the worst cover we could get for Bent and Pavlyuchenko.

very obvious my friend, Fergie Quite obviously tried to unsettle him! the respectful thing to do is say nothing to the papers and make your appropiate Bid. It's as easy as that!

It has nothing to do with streghting a team at the same level as us if anything he has shown how much of a hinderence he can be. I would have been delighted with him ending at City for the simply way he had acted it would serve him right.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Another contribution like that to this forum and you'll live up to your user name.

Ermmm it's not just me Muppet. Go and ask any football fan (other than manyoo) and you'll get the same opinion.

But let me ask you...do you feel that the way manyoo go about tapping up players on the sly is respectful to their fellow football clubs?
    and then even going public about who they are going to sign without asking for permission or even making an acceptable bid to the players employer?

THFC obviously feel that there was a deliberate attempt to a) undermine the club and b) to unsettle the player. Hence the fact they have submitted a dossier to the authorities on the matter.

Man City tried to sign Berbatov before remember, and he was interested in the move. He had thrown a strip when Levy allowed Petrov go to City because we wouldn't stump up the transfer fee for a 27 year old with suspect fitness.

He may just consider the move if they throw enough £££ at him.

• Advertisement

May I also say, please God not Heskey...:(

Advertisement