Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Deadline Day Deals

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭flyswatter

May I also say, please God not Heskey...:(

I know that would be terrible. Hopefully it'll be Milito or Huntelaar instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Seconded

• Registered Users Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

ziedth wrote: »
    very obvious my friend, Fergie Quite obviously tried to unsettle him! the respectful thing to do is say nothing to the papers and make your appropiate Bid. It's as easy as that!

It has nothing to do with streghting a team at the same level as us if anything he has shown how much of a hinderence he can be. I would have been delighted with him ending at City for the simply way he had acted it would serve him right.

As I understand it United put in a bid of £25 million. Thats a lot of money for a player with no resale Value . United have never paid that amount for a player of his age.

As for the media It's obvious they were stirring. I don't believe Fergie ever made any public comments about signing Berbatov. Maybe I'm wrong with that.

As For Heskey, surely not , even I wouldn't wish him on ye.

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭RichMc70

BBC Radio 5 Live football reporter Nigel Adderley said that Berbatov being seen at United's training ground on Monday could be a potential cause of trouble for the Premier League champions. In July, Spurs submitted a year's worth of evidence to the Premier League to support their complaint of Manchester United's "disgraceful" pursuit of Dimitar Berbatov.

"I understand Spurs haven't granted United permission to talk with with the player," he said. "The only bid they have approved is from Manchester City, believed to be around £34m."

Full article at http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/m/man_city/7592272.stm

If it's true then manyoo have seriously lost the plot and surely the FA would would have to take severe action. Let's hope so :D

Update: "There are deals we're chasing and bids we've put in, I don't know how many will come to a successful resolution. It's always difficult on the last day of the window. As for Berbatov, I'd like the chance to speak to him, but I haven't been afforded that opportunity yet. We're in there trying, though."
    Man City manager Mark Hughes on BBC Radio 5 Live B20:23pm
    [/I][/I]

RichMc70 wrote: »
    BBC Radio 5 Live football reporter Nigel Adderley said that Berbatov being seen at United's training ground on Monday could be a potential cause of trouble for the Premier League champions. In July, Spurs submitted a year's worth of evidence to the Premier League to support their complaint of Manchester United's "disgraceful" pursuit of Dimitar Berbatov.

"I understand Spurs haven't granted United permission to talk with with the player," he said. "The only bid they have approved is from Manchester City, believed to be around £34m."

Full article at http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/m/man_city/7592272.stm

If it's true then manyoo have seriously lost the plot and surely the FA would would have to take severe action. Let's hope so :D

Update: "There are deals we're chasing and bids we've put in, I don't know how many will come to a successful resolution. It's always difficult on the last day of the window. As for Berbatov, I'd like the chance to speak to him, but I haven't been afforded that opportunity yet. We're in there trying, though."
    Man City manager Mark Hughes on BBC Radio 5 Live B20:23pm
    [/i][/i]

It looks like Berbatov is not too keen on a move to city.

Re the tapping allegation if its true United deserve to be punished and as such a substantial dossier has been sent to the FA we can assume that if they are guilty they will be severely punished.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭RichMc70

The Muppet wrote: »
    It looks like Berbatov is not too keen on a move to city.

Re the tapping allegation if its true United deserve to be punished and as such a substantial dossier has been sent to the FA we can assume that if they are guilty they will be severely punished.

It's fairly common knowledge on which club he wants to go to however whether he does sign or even already signed on the dotted line for manyoo then, from whats being said, the contract may not be worth the paper it's written on.

Manyoo may be the biggest bully in the EPL schoolyard but they are silly if they forget that ...Spurs have a pretty good track record of success when it comes to legal cases through the courts.

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭tomo75

SSN are showing Berbatov strolling around old Trafford offices with Red nose and other lawyers. Could be something going on in the backgroud with Spurs. Hope Spurs clean them out.....

RichMc70 wrote: »

Manyoo may be the biggest bully in the EPL schoolyard but they are silly if they forget that ...Spurs have a pretty good track record of success when it comes to legal cases through the courts.

Really these sort of comments are just stupid. The only way Bebatov can sign for United is if Spurs agree to sell him to them. There is no need for all the anomosity. Have you considered that your chairman could be keeping quiet on events to try muster as much as possible out of United ?

I don't believe united are stupid enough to allow him have a medical if Spurs have not given consent. Think about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

personally, i will be happy if he goes to UTD.

when he is good, he is a god. but he effects the whole team, and no single player is like that. id rather have a team like the old blackburn that worked together and played for each other, thn a team full of berba's in a sulk.

besides, when spurs are up there battling UTd for the top spot, i doubt we will have any trouble getting rooney and ronaldo over to join us :)

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭galinka

My view entirely - take the money - only 4 months to January - yesterday at last we saw a Spurs effort you could be proud of - lets get on without the sulking Vulgarian.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

I'm disappointed in the lack of a DMF.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

A bit dissapointed we did'nt get another body in. I had a sneaky feeling we might have got Diarra but it was'nt to be.

Delighted Berbatov is gone, maybe our season can kick-start against Villa.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

I agree Hatch,

Is this Cambell lad suppose to be any good? Think Hull Had a bid of €7m in for him so i suppose he has a bit of promise,

In fairness to Levy that's a big jump up from the 25m last week we were suppose to be getting for him.

a DMF in January and hopefully a cup run and i dont think it's gonna be a bad season.

Is anyone else laughing their ass off at the Idea that Man City are the Next big thing cause they over paid for a player who has behaved worse then Berbatov. I wouldn't mind if they had spent big and brought in alot of tallent but to blow it all on Robino is madness

• Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭kmick

I cant understand why we would take an unproven player Cambell on loan for a year in lieu of about 5 million. I doubt he will get too many games - probably more then he would at United mind you. I wonder is there an option to buy for 7 million at the end of the loan?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,865 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Kold wrote: »
    I'm disappointed in the lack of a DMF.

Corluka played there for us and certainly has the right attributes. Maybe that's the position he'll end up in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭rocky25

Personally, I’m glad Berbatov is gone.

A fine player but a moody bastage.

He undermined Martin Jol at the start of last season and disrupted the team spirit.

The way he has acted in the past few weeks has been disgraceful.

Totally unprofessional and arrogant.

The money we got for him has allowed us to buy 2 very good players.

Corluka and Pavlychenko, money well spent.

It will take a while for all our new players to blend together as a team.

but when they do, they will be a force to reckon with.

What goes around comes around and United will be in the same boat as us next year,

When Ronaldo leaves for Real Madrid.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

On a separate note,

congratulations to Man City in singing Ribena.

Great to see players like him in the PL.

spurs.gif

Advertisement