Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gaming in Limerick

Options
  • 01-09-2008 10:29am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 31

Other than The Gathering, is there anywhere in the city where people play board/war/roleplaying games or is anyone interested in doing so?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

Not really my thing so I don't know much, but surely there is a society out in UL or LIT that would be involved in this. Apart from The Gathering and these possible societies I have never really seen role-playing/ war-gaming in Limerick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭snowman707

Just heard a rumour that one of the largest car dealers in the city is closing due to financial pressure

this dealership has been in limerick longer than i can remember & i thought would be one of the last to fall

I will not mention names but wondering if any one heard likewise?

hope it isn't true but my source should know what he is talking about

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭the drifter

snowman707 wrote: »
    Just heard a rumour that one of the largest car dealers in the city is closing due to financial pressure

this dealership has been in limerick longer than i can remember & i thought would be one of the last to fall

you can go gaming in car dealers now?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,890 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

snowman707 wrote: »

Start a new thread man, this one's about games!

Back OT. Doc. Hobbit, that's a fairly low-key hobby in Limerick, but I've a friend who might know more. Will ask him about it and try to get back to you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 Doc. Hobbit

An Fhile wrote: »
    Start a new thread man, this one's about games!

Back OT. Doc. Hobbit, that's a fairly low-key hobby in Limerick, but I've a friend who might know more. Will ask him about it and try to get back to you.

That would be great thanks. I did put up some posters at the Mary I but got no response, though I think someone went around taking them all down, because they were gone a week later. I don't drive so UL is too far out for me, what with having to drag all the books and whatnot. I'm quite prepared to game at my place though.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,890 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

That would be great thanks. I did put up some posters at the Mary I but got no response, though I think someone went around taking them all down, because they were gone a week later. I don't drive so UL is too far out for me, what with having to drag all the books and whatnot. I'm quite prepared to game at my place though.

Were these posters stamped by the Students Union? If not then they were probably removed. However, if you did get them stamped, there's a chance they were taken as souvenirs! I've had a few go missing there too :)

Were these posters stamped by the Students Union? If not then they were probably removed. However, if you did get them stamped, there's a chance they were taken as souvenirs! I've had a few go missing there too :)

I wasn't aware that they had to be stamped but then there were several other posters like mine (i.e. home-made) that had no stamps on them and they seemed to survive. Perhaps someone there objects to roleplaying...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭zilog_jones

UL Games Society website: http://gsoc.skynet.ie

I found this for the first time last night, I think it's hilarious. I'm not trying to offend anyone, just thought ye might find it funny too

• Registered Users Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭bullets

I dont game with regards to tabletop gaming like
    Warhammer etc and I really dont like it very much.......
    but......but......... I really love the Modelling and craft end
    of things.

I've currently got an entire room in my house dedicated
    to Lord of the Rings Models and Terrain. I've got hundreds of models painted and I also make model castles/terrain etc. Purely becuase I like the look of them and am facinated by the skill involved with the hobby aspect of it all. I have some warhammer stuff too that I bought
    just cos I thought the models looked intersting.

If your intersted in terrain then do a google or visit
    http://hirstarts.com/ Bruce Hirst is an American dude
    that was a teacher turned model maker who started selling
    rubber molds that are used with Dental Plaster or Plaster of paris to make bricks to make model buildings etc. really
    great stuff and a nice cheap hobby.

I really must try and take some decent! pics of all my models I have some really crappy ones here:
    http://s173.photobucket.com/albums/w70/bullets_ie/Models/?start=all

~B

• Advertisement

I found this for the first time last night, I think it's hilarious. I'm not trying to offend anyone, just thought ye might find it funny too

I don't know about hilarious but it was definitely worth a look, thanks. I've often wondered why people so enjoy taking the piss out of gamers and my conclusion is, for the same reason people take the piss out of anyone in that fashion, jealousy. They see someone actually having fun and are jealous because they themselves are too 'cool' to join in. I wish I'd heard a few "warlock jokes" in my time though...

Advertisement