Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

monkstown to tallaght village

Options
  • 01-09-2008 10:40am
    Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 108 ✭✭

any suggestions for a route from monkstown (beside blackrock) to tallaght village?
    am i better off going via ucd and up through rathfarnham or up past lambs cross?
    thanks
    conor

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭Muller_1

You have a few options for that cycle. Either of the ways you mention would be fine. I go over blackglen road Lamb Doyles a few days a week instead of my normal route and then take backroads around Whitechurch Road and Taylor Lane.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 carmanach

I do a route from Deansgrange road to Tallaght about once a week, going through the Sandyford Industrial Estate and joining up with the R113 trunk road from Ballinteer to Tallaght.

Details:
    Up Newtownpark Avenue, left on to Meadow Close, Ardagh Park, cut through to Carysfort Downs, through opening to Farmleigh Close, across N11 to Brewery Road, turn right just beyond Leopardstown Avenue lights onto track through the park by the reservoir, come out though Stillorgan Heath and turn left to come to Sandyford Industrial Estate. (If this seems too complicated, you can always come to Sandyford up Leopardstown Road). Turn right after crossing the Luas tracks onto BlackthornAvenue then Drive. At the junction with the main road up the M50 there is an indication for a cycle path veering left that takes you past the sports ground (currently a hoarded off works depot for the M50 widening project!). This joins the (two-way) cycle path along the motorway connector road between junctions 13 (Ballinteer) and 14 (Sandyford). At Ballinteer, cross the Ballinteer Road. You are now following the R113 all the way to Tallaght. This starts with Brehon Field Road, follow this along by Marlay Park, where it becomes Grange Road, then straight down the recently rebuilt Taylor's Lane, There follows a series of roundabouts (go straight through in each case) along Scholarstown road, (then bridge over M50), St Columkilles Way, Killininny Scholarstown Link rd., and Old Bawn Road in to Tallaght. Much of this route either has cycle lane, cycle path or is just plain wide enough to cycle on in some comfort. The biggest drawback is the seven roundabouts provided by SDCC.

Advertisement