Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Drama groups south Dublin

Options
  • 01-09-2008 10:49am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

Hey!

Anyone know of any decent ,non -pretentious Drama groups that welcome new members in south dublin? Im itching to get back on stage I did alot of acting when I was younger but I stopped 6 years ago, I miss the adrenaline of it and working with other actors!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Why can't people search the forum for this information before posting a thread themselves?

There's this thread: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=188784

There's a few groups in the Resource list thread

And there's boards.ie's very own Drama Group.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 akx

Grand cheers,

I have looked at other posts similar to mine and got some info. I was looking for some more recent advice on different groups a peole personal experience or opinions.

Thanks for the link, I'll surely look into everything and see what the options are...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭Doozie

akx wrote: »
    Hey!

Anyone know of any decent ,non -pretentious Drama groups that welcome new members in south dublin?

Hey Akx,

You are welcome to come and join the boards drama group or No Drama Theatre group which we are now known as. We have a great core group but are looking for more people to join as we need loads of help for a play we are working on at the mo. We meet every Tuesday at 7pm (usually in Kennedys pub at the back of Trinity near the end of Nassau st but for the meantime we are meeting in Anseo on Camden st)
    Come along next week and check it out. :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,641 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Thanks Bard.

Hey akx, as Doozie said you are very welcome to join the No Drama Theatre Group, i.e. the Boards Drama group.

We are a like minded non pretentious bunch that wants to steer clear of cliched irish performances so we have no interest in the Playboys of the Westerns Worlds and all that done-to-death work!

Our next session will be an active workshop which always proves to be a popular night!

Advertisement