Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

still confused about electives

Options
  • 01-09-2008 10:58am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭

hi guys,

sorry if i sound stupid asking this question, im just getting really frustrated with this whole random selection of electives!
    im going into my third and final year and this year ive decided its important to get the GPA up and so i have spent hours researching to find electives i can do really well in!

problem is, even though i was up SUPER early to register on the first morning, it doesnt matter because its random selection, and yes i know people think this is fair because we all have the same chance, but i just dont agree.

I had chosen a humanties module, but received emails saying that there are 20 places, yet 110 people have provisionally registered, and i so i found another module because my odds of getting the humanities were low, but this one is also over subscribed.

ok this is getting long now, my basic question is, when the random selection of places happens, does that mean that module will definitely be filled and all places gone, and so on saturday , the first come first served process only affects modules which weren't over subsribed in the first place?

or have they kept a certain amount of places to be released on saturday for the first come first served process???

ahh again sorry for the length :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭Économiste Monétaire

Life isn't fair sometimes. Yes, those modules that are oversubscribed will be filled outright, most likely. Yes, they may release more places - the UCD site says that they continue to release places until the 19th of September. Spend enough time on any module and you will do well - less of the defeatism, more study ;)

Saturday is mostly for people who want to change a module that they failed to a different one, and people who want to take extra credit just for the fun of it (jobs & postgrad). Most of the latter won't bother with the 'easy' electives. Or just for people who changed their minds and/or weren't here to register in the first place.

Advertisement