Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Quattro, Ballina

• 01-09-2008 11:04am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 477 ✭✭

Hi,

I apoloigse in advance for the anger in this post!

We played in Quattro for the first time on Saturday night gone by. We're a reasonable band and have been gigging for the last two years or so but we're always trying to get new palces to play. I have family in Ballina and they said we should try Qauttro, after a few months chasing, people, cars and tails, finalyl got a gig. As we're unknown in the town we agreed with the booking manager that the first gig would only be our expenses but it would cover all our expenses. When it came to pay time, I was handed a cheque for €100. Needless to say I was fairly annoyed, this didn't cover expenses at all. €100 for a two hour set, doesn't make sense. We travelled from Cavan and Longford so it wasn't like it was a short trip. Anyway I was just more wondering if anybody heard of this happening before in Quattro and what type of reputation this place has? I've never seen the likes of this before.

All the best.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 543 ✭✭✭Jeapy

Sunset V wrote: »
    Hi,

I apoloigse in advance for the anger in this post!

We played in Quattro for the first time on Saturday night gone by. We're a reasonable band and have been gigging for the last two years or so but we're always trying to get new palces to play. I have family in Ballina and they said we should try Qauttro, after a few months chasing, people, cars and tails, finalyl got a gig. As we're unknown in the town we agreed with the booking manager that the first gig would only be our expenses but it would cover all our expenses. When it came to pay time, I was handed a cheque for €100. Needless to say I was fairly annoyed, this didn't cover expenses at all. €100 for a two hour set, doesn't make sense. We travelled from Cavan and Longford so it wasn't like it was a short trip. Anyway I was just more wondering if anybody heard of this happening before in Quattro and what type of reputation this place has? I've never seen the likes of this before.

All the best.

Well if they agreed to pay your expenses only, how much were you expecting? seems reasonable enough depending on how many vehicles made the trip.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 241 ✭✭Samhain

I havent heard much about Quattro, good or bad. You should have agreed on an expenses figure before doing the gig though, alot of venues will fleece bands after they have played knowing there is no comeback.

Advertisement