Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cooking Quorn - Receipes

Options
  • 01-09-2008 11:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

so, im a veggie, and i love to eat! (but not mushrooms yuk yuk yuk)

im looking for any interesting receipes using quorn - other than the usual lasagne, cottage pie, or curry ...

Given the limited range of Quorn in the midlands (:() im looking for anything new and yummy! Has to be something tasty - any suggestions (mushroom free please) are welcome with the most open of arms.. :D thanks y'all!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 num one

Check out the Quorn website

• Registered Users Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭all the stars

num one wrote: »
    Check out the Quorn website

Thanks...
    i did... was kinda looking for more "tried and tested" receipes...
    Been having the various ones listed on the web-site for quite a while now...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 1looney

A very easy way to make quorn fillets more interesting is to use philidelphia cheese mixed with something like garlic or other herbs or basil pesto, then slice open the cooked fillet and put the cheese inside... nice with pasta or cous cous or rice... and not a mushroom in sight!!

or use the quorn rashers to make pasta sauces more interesting...

quorn mince or chicken style pieces also good with mexican food (use fajita or taco kits if you're a novice)

also breaded quorn pieces are good with salad... especially in a wrap...

Hope that helps...

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

where did you get the rashers from ?

i have only seen them in Newry

the range of quorn food in Dublin is rubbish

• Registered Users Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭hamsterboy

Funny how the OP hates mushrooms and Quorn is pretty much made from a fungus :D

Hope this doesn't deter you.
    The Swedish Meatballs are great in a bolognese sauce with spaghetti..... yum!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,128 ✭✭✭sweet-rasmus

Health Matters in Bray has the realeat rashers. Nourish on Wicklow st and The Health Store in Stillorgan for instance, have the organic rashers (redwood I think), which are quite pricey.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 6,376 Mod ✭✭✭✭Macha

I make this at least one a month:

http://theppk.com/recipes/dbrecipes/index.php?RecipeID=135

I use Quorn or another veggie mince. It's a great replacement for any recipes that would normally use mince like shepherd's pie, moussaka, etc. Although I usually use lentils instead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 842 ✭✭✭dereko1969

i got the rashers in superquinn blackrock recently i think superquinn have a slightly better selection than some other supermarkets.

recipe wise i tend to just do the quorn chicken pieces with stir frys so no real recipe per se, and the mince with either chili or burritos.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 xfirefishx

I absolutely love the Quorn chicken-style pieces. However, I think they taste a lot better in a not too saucy sauce as opposed to a thick tomatoey kind of sauce, as in with pasta. I usually have them in stirfries. But I love to make chow mein with them.

Cook up the Quorn pieces in oil with chilli, garlic and herbs, add some onion, courgette and spinach (or whatever vegetable you like). Add an Oxo vegetable stock cube (I like the crumbly Oxo cubes best for this recipe) and a slug of water. Stir in some cooked medium egg noodles - add loads of soy sauce (or however you like it) and eat.

Yum. Very salty though. But lovely! Good cold as well! You can add cashew nuts near the end if you like a bit of crunch!

• Registered Users Posts: 940 ✭✭✭Tabitharose

if you ever find yourself shopping in NI Sainsburys in Lisburn has a bigger selection of quorn products that Newry - was up there a few weeks ago & picked up several things I'd never seend before - very impressed :) I love making stroganoff (? spelling) with the "beef" strips

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

dereko1969 wrote: »
    i got the rashers in superquinn blackrock recently i think superquinn have a slightly better selection than some other supermarkets.

Superquinn in Finglas stocks no quorn food at all
    if you ever find yourself shopping in NI Sainsburys in Lisburn has a bigger selection of quorn products that Newry - was up there a few weeks ago & picked up several things I'd never seend before - very impressed :) I love making stroganoff (? spelling) with the "beef" strips

i got those beef stripe in Tesco, and made straganoff, it was really good but i have seen the stripe since.

i find the receipes on the quorn website really good, i made the cannolli (sp) from the site, and it was amazing - really yummy and messy to make :)

Advertisement