Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Other Peoples Ventures, ideas & such.

Options
  • 01-09-2008 11:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭

This post has been deleted.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,047 ✭✭✭Culchie

Good idea ....priced way way too high for it's audience of festival goers/campers/hill walkers etc...

They won't pay €20 for a room never mind for a portable loo.

The name is too vulgar as well, Shyte Box or The No2 Loo or something would be alot softer and easier to market.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,926 ✭✭✭Andrea B.

They won't pay €20 for a room never mind for a portable loo.

You will however see that there's 10 extra bags for £1.50!!

Can you imagine the sate of the box after:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

This is gonna sound a bit after hours but it would be an honest question if someone did try and sell them to me. What if I pee a lil and hit the xob or if the ground is wet?
    How ridiculous would you look!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 Oiche_mhaith

who is really going to use this? You'd need to be miles away from civilization to use it and then i'd imagine you'd just do what the bear does... all concerts etc have their own portaloos ..... saw this on another blog and thought it was...

www.penisland.net

we'll lets just say they are terrible at delivering pens

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,097 ✭✭✭Darragh29

who is really going to use this? You'd need to be miles away from civilization to use it and then i'd imagine you'd just do what the bear does... all concerts etc have their own portaloos ..... saw this on another blog and thought it was...

www.penisland.net

we'll lets just say they are terrible at delivering pens

Haha, this is a gas idea and sadly misses one very important fact! If you are in a remote enough place where you can actually use this product, you aren't going to be worrying about leaving your sh*t behind you, therefore no need whatsoever for the product! Also, there is more a chance of your turd ending up all over the top of this product than actually getting your turd neatly inside it, honestly, is this a wind up!?! :D:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Company Representative Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭TheCostumeShop.ie: Ronan

I think the branding is somewhat ill-concieved. They should of thought of their clients and the type people that would choose to use a product like that, im my opinion, would prefer to be discrete.

Imagine having someone look in the car and see it - the label begs for the question - Whats in the box? Followed by an awkward conversation.

Also the product design needs improvement - (air tight plastic insert bag etc), but i agree its a good workable idea.

Not sure this guy has the marketing experience to make it work unfortunately. Did you see the "returns" policy :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭shoutman

I don't even think the idea is feasible tbh. Do they expect people to be sh!tting in this while in their tent? Its a bit gimmicky and see nothing good coming of it.

Also branding is terrible as already pointed out.

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭lanod2407

........... this must be a wind-up!!
    I just painted a picture of the product collapsing "mid-operation" (so to speak) and the resultant disaster
    picture erased!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 FrCollins

New member, had to check your link, now thats a name hard to forget, personally thought it was way over the top but decided to show it to my 20yr old daughter her reply was'nt what I expected; "well its for what it say's on the box" !
    She did agree the price per box was way to expensive and wondered like I do where does the used box's go, can't see anyone trying to recycle them! If this is successful its may be time to check out some of my old ideas. Cheers.

Advertisement