Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

knocked off bike - good repair shop needed

Options
  • 01-09-2008 11:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭

anyone recommend a good bike shop around city/south city centre?
    got lamped off the bike this morning (car pulled out in front of me) and think forks are bent.
    Ideally a shop where someone can tell me if frame is bent or not aswell (bike cost ~700 so want to know if i need to get it replaced altogether - driver said they'd cover the cost of repairs.) Hopefully I myself will recover for free.

I tried calling square wheels but number seems to be out of service.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,516 ✭✭✭E@gle.

was the bike fork a carbon one if so then i would recommend getting in fixed. The only recommendation i can give you as im not from dublin and only ever buy stuff from cyclesuperstore. www.cyclesuperstore.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭Howitzer

Is it not a case that carbon should be replaced after any impact? especially if it's on someone else's dollar (safe than sorry)

Get the wheels off and check your drop outs aren't cracked too. I had a cracked one after an impact - at that's it. Terminal. Not much could be done to save that one.

Hope you're ok and back in the saddle soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭depadz

wouldn't think its carbon? (discovery 501)
    Don't know much about bikes.

i don't even know what a drop out is so am looking for a shop with a knowledgeable mechanic that can advise.

thanks - more concerned how the body will feel in the morning - in the thick of marathon training so that could be set back a bit!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 Lilphich

I've always found Commuting Solutions in Rathmines to be quite good (some of the boards members haven't had as much luck with them). They are expensive but do a decent job.

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭jeffwode

Kieran's number in Square Wheel is 086 081 4417. He'll sort you out.

• Advertisement

Have been in there before and didn't think they were great. Possibly depends on who you're dealing with. Will keep them in mind. Thanks..

thanks jeff

Advertisement