Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Celtic coach Neil Lennon left needing hospital treatment after attack

13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭OhNoYouDidn't

Eirebear wrote: »
    There are a multitude of stories running about Glasgow on this one.
    I have two feelings on the matter.

1. What was Lennon thinking going out to the pub the evening of a Celtic game? He's been in Glasgow long enough to know the chances he was taking.

2. Taking into account what was said above, it is still completely unacceptable. Another sign of the sad state that Glasgow finds itself in.

Interesting however given a 2 or 3 posters crusade over the past 10 days or so to educate the world about how evil and nasty the Rangers fans are in stark contrast to Celtic's poor downtrodden support that no one saw fit to report this to the board.

www.dailyrecord.co.uk

1: He was out for dinner.

2: Agreed.

As for the Nacho Novo thing, it was an internet wind up and not even the correct address. The point being made here was that journos trawl the Celtic forums for stories, so the lads mischieviously oblige.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,014 ✭✭✭Eirebear

1: He was out for dinner.

2: Agreed.

As for the Nacho Novo thing, it was an internet wind up and not even the correct address. The point being made here was that journos trawl the Celtic forums for stories, so the lads mischieviously oblige.

They dont sell food in Jinty's.......seriously though, im not condoning it, i just think it was a wee bit daft on Lennon's part.
    Especially considreing this is a part of Glasgow where he has ran into trouble before.

You know for sure it was the wrong address huh?
    Interesting that because it appeared on at least 2 seperate celtic forums...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,350 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

Front page and all. There are keyboard hardmen all over the world, I very much suspect that the risk is negligble.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,951 ✭✭✭DSB

Front page and all. There are keyboard hardmen all over the world, I very much suspect that the risk is negligble.

I'm sure they weren't fearing the risk from the OP of the address, as posting the address might inspire ideas in other likeminded individuals.

Agreed, but there are also nutcases out there as the Lennon thing has proved, or even the Hugh Dallas windows incident of a few years ago.
    All it takes is one, and Glasgow unfortunately is full of them.

Im not trying to highlight Celtic fans here, because in my eyes it is very much a problem for society in the West of Scotland as a whole, but you just need to look at the reaction when a poster on this forum mentioned another poster's full name here a while back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,350 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

They dont sell food in Jinty's.....

I got a bag of crisps the last time I was there!! In all seriousness, Ashton Lane has got a couple of fine dining areas, most people probably drink in Jinty's before or after having dinner around there.

Lennon should have stayed in the good Celtic pubs around London Road or the Gallowgate

Lennon should have stayed in the good Celtic pubs around London Road or the Gallowgate

lol! doesnt matter if your a Celtic player/Coach or not around there! ;)

His jacket would have been stolen and sold in bairds 5 minutes later

The way they played in the second half he would have been more at risk there.... :mad:

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,871 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Interesting however given a 2 or 3 posters crusade over the past 10 days or so to educate the world about how evil and nasty the Rangers fans are in stark contrast to Celtic's poor downtrodden support that no one saw fit to report this to the board.

www.dailyrecord.co.uk

Paranoid there Eirebear? ;)

Terrible about Nacho, although how you can compare a couple of twats posting an address on a message board to Lennon getting attacked and knocked out by two grown men is beyond me. They're hardly the same thing.

PauloMN wrote: »
    Paranoid there Eirebear? ;)

Terrible about Nacho, although how you can compare a couple of twats posting an address on a message board to Lennon getting attacked and knocked out by two grown men is beyond me. They're hardly the same thing.

Not comparing them at all TBH Paul, one is a couple of opportunistic idiots who are obviously dangerous and should be locked up.
    The other one could be construed as something much more sinister. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,871 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Looks like the police have one of them anyway:
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/scotland/glasgow_and_west/7633618.stm

• Registered Users Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭Broxi_Bear_Eire

PauloMN wrote: »

I hope if he is guilty they lock him up and throw away the key and I say that as a life long Rangers fan

Im not trying to highlight Celtic fans here, because in my eyes it is very much a problem for society in the West of Scotland as a whole, but you just need to look at the reaction when a poster on this forum mentioned another poster's full name here a while back.

I post on the forum in question and this is what happened

Poster A: Rangers fans are saying he was fair game for a slap 'being out the night of a game'. Does that mean by their logic they wouldn't have a problem with Celtic fans having a go at Rangers players?

Poster B: No. Nacho Novo lives in Bothwell ( posh suburb of Glasgow, like saying Foxrock).

The Sun: Celtic fans target Rangers players with evil smear campaign.

Its the equivalence that annoys me. Rangers fans do something so the tabloids have to dig something up on Celtic for 'balance'. It happens vice versae too.

Advertisement