Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

How much to replace timing belt for an 02-Astra.

Options
  • 01-09-2008 11:58am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 24

HI

My Astra has gone past the 50K mark so I really need to cosider getting the timing belt changed. Ive rung Opel and have been told it will cost €360. Could anyone tell me if this is an average price or should I keep looking around.

thanks a mill

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭the merchant

Ask around as Opel are almost certainly going to be more expensive than anywhere else.

You should also have your water pump replaced as part of the belt replacement as they're prone to trouble on the astra.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 Sunfowers

The guy said that the 360 is for the kit which I think he mentioned included water pump and the oil changed aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭the merchant

Sunfowers wrote: »
    The guy said that the 360 is for the kit which I think he mentioned included water pump and the oil changed aswell.

In that case it's probably not a bad price when you include labour etc.

Advertisement