Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

once you've passed english and a language, you dont need to repeat them?

Options
  • 01-09-2008 12:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭

hay, im repeating the whole leaving cert but dropping german and english.. and taking up two new subjects..''geography'' and ''biology''.. doin 6 subs overall..:o
    i got a c2 (H) in eng... and b3 (ord) in german..
    would i need to inform the uni i wanna get in to.... Eg, ucd or queens... im applying for architecture.
    Thanks ;)..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭blue-army

No you don't need to do them...

I'm repeating this year too and ,in fact I was told not to do english, but in the end I have to, since the tech drawing course has finished.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭OmegaRed

Hey OP.

I repeated mine about 5 years back and I was able to drop German as I had gotten a C3 (Ord) the year before. I don’t see why you can't dropped both as they are what is known as 'matriculation' subjects and once you pass them once you don’t have to do it again. Matriculation subjects are English, Irish, Math and a Language.

Its worth asking your Career Councilor or some teacher that you might think knows.

Remember though, Doing the bear 6 subjects means you can't afford to do poor in any of then (depending on the points you are looking for). It'll be tough to cover ''geography'' and ''biology'' in 12 months, not impossible but tough!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 heywhatever

i agree with omegared. i think english etc would be easier than biology and geography to cover in a year

• Closed Accounts Posts: 534 ✭✭✭sd123

Its fine so long as you don't want to do medicine, the new 'system' states that you have to get all matriculation requirements and points in one sitting of the LC. Other than that, you're fine! Best of luck

Advertisement