Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

they are hurtin out there....

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

No but thanks for asking
    (only messing, I'm not seller)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭Bandara

Bearcat wrote: »
    a mint continental GT.....perfect colour/ perfect interior. Last year 170k...today 118k. I'd say if you said there's 90k boss(assuming your loaded and havent got trousered by the recession) you'd get it???

Travellers don't drive Bentleys.

:P

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

Check out the 085 number, I wonder is that phone just to sell the car?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭rebel.ranter

Hammertime wrote: »
    Travellers don't drive Bentleys.

:P

Are you sure? There are plenty in the UK with Range Rovers & the like.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

I recently watched a rerun of a 70s TV feature on travellers in the UK, a few used Shadows to pull their caravans.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

Bearcat wrote: »
    a mint continental GT.....perfect colour/ perfect interior. Last year 170k...today 118k. I'd say if you said there's 90k boss(assuming your loaded and havent got trousered by the recession) you'd get it???

http://www.carzone.ie/usedcars/index.cfm?fuseaction=Car&carID=1187038&message=You%20searched%20for%3A%20Bentley%20Continental%2C%20Year%3A%202004%2C%20added%20in%20the%20last%207%20days%2E%20Your%20search%20returned%20one%20vehicle%2C%20which%20is%20shown%20below%2E&CFID=7527694&CFTOKEN=92424953

Hmmm... with the dodgy pics and meteor number it smells of scam to me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭Bearcat

oh god this thread is going south so fast......http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4LJw6PAi5Q8&feature=related

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

There's a stench around that ad, awful pics on a car worth well over a hundred thousand euro and a meteor mobile number. I call scam.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭rebel.ranter

Onkle wrote: »
    Hmmm... with the dodgy pics and meteor number it smells of scam to me.
    There's a landline as well, what's wrong with an 085 number? And just because it's 085 doesn't mean it's Meteor.....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭racso1975

what's wrong with an 085 number?
    Guess you never got the memo that said rich fluckers cant own an 085 number only scam artists have them numbers:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,503 ✭✭✭Heroditas

Maybe the owner did the dirt on the wife and she's selling it behind his back. The 085 number could be hers. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 33,975 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Heroditas wrote: »
    Maybe the owner did the dirt on the wife and she's selling it behind his back. The 085 number could be hers. :D

Maybe the 085 is his "im not married" number :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Zonda999

"EVERY CONCIVEABLE EXTRA"

If youre rich enough to own such a car, i d'ont think you'd spell like that TBH!!I cant see anything wrong with the meteor number, though.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,244 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Maybe the idiot scammer just cut n paste the entire description including mobile number, from the genuine advert?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

That car is the cheapest one, but not crazy cheap like most the scams.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,444 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Anan1 wrote: »
    I recently watched a rerun of a 70s TV feature on travellers in the UK, a few used Shadows to pull their caravans.

When I grew up, the local gypsy king drove past our house regularly in his brand new Rolls-Royce + huge caravan. Funny sight :D

• Registered Users Posts: 65,444 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

eoin_s wrote: »
    That car is the cheapest one, but not crazy cheap like most the scams.

+1

118k for a 4 year old Bentley in a private sale does't seem too low to me. Could very well be genuine

The reg is ok according to cartell.ie:
    cartell.ie wrote:
    Registration 04D78495
    Make BENTLEY
    Model CONTINENTAL
    Description GT A 02DR
    Fuel Type PETROL

• Closed Accounts Posts: 619 ✭✭✭WHITE_P

unkel wrote: »
    When I grew up, the local gypsy king drove past our house regularly in his brand new Rolls-Royce + huge caravan. Funny sight :D

LOL, very good.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭flanzer

It's also very rare to see such a prestigious car sold privately. Most purchasers of a car like that build up a relationship with a garage, be it Richford, Des Cullen etc and trade it back in.

I call scam

• Closed Accounts Posts: 619 ✭✭✭WHITE_P

Anan1 wrote: »
    Check out the 085 number, I wonder is that phone just to sell the car?

I've worked for one of the other mobile operators for years now, and the way things are going in our company, you will see alot more people using Meteor in the near futher.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

flanzer wrote: »
    It's also very rare to see such a prestigious car sold privately. Most purchasers of a car like that build up a relationship with a garage, be it Richford, Des Cullen etc and trade it back in.

I call scam

You're probably right, but in this market would you be able to trade in a car if you're not getting something more expensive? Might not be an option for someone that's fallen on hard times.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,821 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

I had been thinking about it but given all of your posts, I changed my mind and have decided against buying it!
    :D

Advertisement