Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eircom repeater setup

Options
  • 01-09-2008 1:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,436 ✭✭✭

ok guys

i have eircom wireless broadband router in a shop. i want to have the signal go about 500 meters to the house across a road.. i can get a signal in once place by the window but i thats not much good as its only one bar.i have got an ip address via dhcp.

i have a bt voyager router 2110 thats supports wireless repeater mode. can i set this to connect to netopia router with out any problems. wont be able to have a go at until the weekend.

anybody got this successfully working.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 629 ✭✭✭cashmni1

not too sure about the bt router, but this is possible on all netopia routers. Connect to a lan port of the eircom netopia and web browse to the default gateway (192.168.1.254) then turn OFF wireless on the netopia.
    Attach your wireless repeater to a LAN port of the netopia and disconnect your pc from the LAN port. Refresh your wireless networks list and see if you can see the wireless repeater. If so you are in buisness, then just move the antenna closer to the window.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Cat5

That would just replace the wireless signal from the netopia with the wireless signal from the bt.. not exactly repeating..more like replacing...:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,436 ✭✭✭irishgeo

Cat5 wrote: »
    That would just replace the wireless signal from the netopia with the wireless signal from the bt.. not exactly repeating..more like replacing...:confused:

yeah just copped that as i tried to configure the router last night and it worked out it cant be used as a repeater.

ill have to buy one.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,186 ✭✭✭PADRAIC.M

hi i want to do a similar thing, i have a eircom netopia router across the road, what do i need to buy and where can i get it,
    Thanks in advance.

Advertisement