Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

System Tray help

• 01-09-2008 1:36pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,699 ✭✭✭

My dad is having a rather annoying problem with Windows XP. His problem is this:
    When he has a window, ie Outlook, maximised, the information overlay that you get when you hover your cursor over one of the system tray icons is hidden beneath the maximised window, so you basically can't read it. Effectively, it prevents him from easily checking his laptop's battery and internet connection status. This problem does not occur when the window is reduced in size from fullscreen.

Could anyone help me to solve this problem, please? I've tried using Google, but it's quite a specific issue and it's hard to come up with an accurate string of search terms to describe the problem.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭Soundman

The only time I have noticed that myself is when I have had the computer on for a few days straight. It will sometimes screw up a little. Is this the case with your Dad's laptop? Does he leave it on for days on end or even put it into standby without powering it down properly?

Try a simple reboot in that case. Sorts out all the little problems usually.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,699 ✭✭✭Brian

Soundman wrote: »
    The only time I have noticed that myself is when I have had the computer on for a few days straight. It will sometimes screw up a little. Is this the case with your Dad's laptop? Does he leave it on for days on end or even put it into standby without powering it down properly?

Try a simple reboot in that case. Sorts out all the little problems usually.

That may be the case; I think he just closes his laptop rather than powering it off. Thank you for your help =]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭Soundman

Fingers crossed that that is the problem.

Advertisement