Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Most Certainly in the wrong forum....!

• 01-09-2008 1:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 265 ✭✭

Hi,

Could not find RCSI forum so I thought I'd just throw this out and hopefully it'll get relocated!

Anyone going to RCSI in a few weeks?? Anyone got any useful info for a first year Pharmacy student?? How much of a minority are we Irish going to be:D?!

Everyone staying in Mercer court or Millin Hall?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 Valde

RCSI - Majority of people are American or Asian the Irish population is as high as 10% in certain courses and aslow as 2% in others. GL though its a great place to study!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 265 ✭✭WaldenByThoreua

Ya I don't know how to feel about the foreign contingent! A little apprehensive maybe! Just hope theres still a good ''college'' atmosphere there!

Heard it's pretty good education wise but not so sure about sports etc...missed Trinity on random selection but really only wanted to go there fro sports and clubs!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 Valde

if you like rugby you might see Felipe Contepomi floating around the place ^^ how ever you will enjoy it I hope :D GL

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 Sacamus

My cousin is at RCSI, she loves it! I've been on the campus a few times and everyone seems really friendly. I *think* she was living in Mercer Court for her first year, could be wrong though!

True I'd forgotten about him!..Ya its just the lack of presence of RCSI students around that has me worried!

Probably turn out to be unfounded worry!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

Yeah there's no RCSI forum yet, though people are asking for one over at the forum requests forum. For the time being I'll pass this on to the general college forum.

cheers!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 Ventura

I'm an irish dude starting there this month, so your not alone! I'm beginning the five year medicine course. Don't know what to expect with regards to the number of 'natives' but since i'm from Cork everyones a stranger! Should be fun :D. By the by an RCSI forum would be handy, don't know what the level of demand is though.

Ventura wrote: »
    I'm an irish dude starting there this month, so your not alone! I'm beginning the five year medicine course. Don't know what to expect with regards to the number of 'natives' but since i'm from Cork everyones a stranger! Should be fun :D. By the by an RCSI forum would be handy, don't know what the level of demand is though.

Great might see you around! Ya I'm not sure theres a lot of RCSI'ers floating around!

Great might see you around! Ya I'm not sure theres a lot of RCSI'ers floating around!

I know what you mean, it seems easier to get the points than it is to find someone who goes there! I actually got a house with two second year RCSI pharmacy students, whom i haven't met yet [twilight zone music ensues...], so when i finally meet them i can throw some questions their way if you want.

• Advertisement

Ventura wrote: »
    I know what you mean, it seems easier to get the points than it is to find someone who goes there! I actually got a house with two second year RCSI pharmacy students, whom i haven't met yet [twilight zone music ensues...], so when i finally meet them i can throw some questions their way if you want.

Class! you were lucky to get that! I'm still looking for a place:rolleyes:...rang up and mercer court was booked p and I didn't like the look of Millin House!

methinks Il be getting an apartment in the city centre..worried Id be better off amongst all the Rcsi'ers for homework etc but not sure about the dormitory-like look of Millin!

Class! you were lucky to get that! I'm still looking for a place:rolleyes:...rang up and mercer court was booked p and I didn't like the look of Millin House!

methinks Il be getting an apartment in the city centre..worried Id be better off amongst all the Rcsi'ers for homework etc but not sure about the dormitory-like look of Millin!

Even though i'm not from Dublin I decided against the student accommodation. I found it was way overpriced and very restricting. [I can't be dealong with fines for my behavior during freshers week...:cool:] I found my place on the rcsi website. If you go to the accommodation page along with a list of all the student accommodations[like mercer etc] theres a link to a notice board. When i was last on there were several ads with rcsi students advertising for housemates. Might be worth a look if Mercer and Millin don't materialise.

Sorry cant find it. Would you have a link?:)

Its Ok I found it! Cheers!

Advertisement