Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New WotLK Titles

• 01-09-2008 2:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭

I like these in one way, then I don't in another. Only the hardcores who rush through content on the first 3 days or so will get the class and race titles.

The people who get the profession firsts will have guildmates sending them all the materials they pick up on their questing to 80.

Still these titles are pretty cool, but I'll never have one :( Full list below.
    Feats of Strength

Twilight Vanquisher - Participated in the realm first Sartharion the Onyx Guardian kill (25 player).

The Supreme - First player on the realm to achieve level 80.

Assassin - First rogue on the realm to achieve level 80.

Warbringer - First warrior on the realm to achieve level 80.

Archmage - First mage on the realm to achieve level 80.

Of The Ebon Blade - First death knight on the realm to achieve level 80.

Stalker - First hunter on the realm to achieve level 80.

The Malefic - First warlock on the realm to achieve level 80.

Prophet - First priest on the realm to achieve level 80.

Crusader - First paladin on the realm to achieve level 80.

Arch Druid - First druid on the realm to achieve level 80.

Of the Ten Storms - First shaman on the realm to achieve level 80.

The Magic Seeker - Participated in the realm first Malygos kill (25 player).

Conqueror of Naxxramas - Participated in the realm first Kel'Thuzad kill (25 player).

Of Gnomeregan - First gnome on the realm to achieve level 80.

Of Quel'thalas - First blood elf on the realm to achieve level 80.

Of Argus - First draenei on the realm to achieve level 80.

Of Khaz Modan - First dwarf on the realm to achieve level 80.

The Lion Hearted - First human on the realm to achieve level 80.

Champion of Elune - First night elf on the realm to achieve level 80.

Hero of Orgrimmar - First orc on the realm to achieve level 80.

Plainsrunner - First tauren on the realm to achieve level 80.

Of the Darkspear - First troll on the realm to achieve level 80.

The Forsaken - First forsaken on the realm to achieve level 80.

Grand Master Blacksmith - First player on the realm to achieve 450 skill in blacksmithing.

Grand Master Alchemist - First player on the realm to achieve 450 skill in alchemy.

Iron Chef - First player on the realm to achieve 450 skill in cooking.

Grand Master Enchanter - First player on the realm to achieve 450 skill in enchanting.

Grand Master Engineer - First player on the realm to achieve 450 skill in engineering.

Doctor - First player on the realm to achieve 450 skill in first aid.

Grand Master Angler - First player on the realm to achieve 450 skill in fishing.

Grand Master Herbalist - First player on the realm to achieve 450 skill in herbalism.

Grand Master Scribe - First player on the realm to achieve 450 skill in inscription.

Grand Master Jewelcrafter - First player on the realm to achieve 450 skill in jewelcrafting.

Grand Master Leatherworker - First player on the realm to achieve 450 skill in leatherworking.

Grand Master Miner - First player on the realm to achieve 450 skill in mining.

Grand Master Skinner - First player on the realm to achieve 450 skill in skinning.

Grand Master Tailor - First player on the realm to achieve 450 skill in tailoring.

Hero of Northrend - First player on the realm to gain exalted reputation with the Argent Crusade, Wyrmrest Accord, Kirin Tor and Knights of the Ebon Blade.

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,207 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Lets get Grinding!! Yay....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 813 ✭✭✭Shazbot

They shouldn't really go ahead with this idea. People will already know how to powerlevel to 80. Just a grind to 80, a contest to see who can sleep the less.

Anyway some of the titles will overlap, the first warrior to 80 might also be the first human to 80 etc. Should do away with the race/class titles and just stick to final dungeon completion titles.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭WellyJ

So basically the only problem people seem to have with these titles is that you have no chance in hell of getting it?

There should be more things in WOW like this tbh.

I know I wont get close to these titles but i won't begrudge the people that get them.

I would love to be "Hero of Northrend"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭ZorbaTehZ

Realistically, Iron Chef is about the only one within my grasp ;p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭][cEMAN**

The fastest way to level crafting is to get the mats quickly. The only way to do that is usually to group with someone trying to be #1 in their gathering field.

• Advertisement

' wrote:
    [cEMAN**;57115706']The fastest way to level crafting is to get the mats quickly. The only way to do that is usually to group with someone trying to be #1 in their gathering field.

There will be crafters with half their guild getting the mats and sending it straight to them.

Anyone not in this position has 0 chance

WellyJ wrote: »
    So basically the only problem people seem to have with these titles is that you have no chance in hell of getting it?

I'm guessing that's aimed at me since I was the only person with a negative comment before your post. So let me make my point clear. Needless titles, like the class/race and first to 80 titles should be scrapped. Simply a race to see who can put in the most time. More than likely 1 person will have 3 titles in less than a week. i.e. An orc hunter will be the first to 80. Needless waste of 2 titles.

I'm all for handing out titles, but only for ones merited by hard work, such as high warlord and end game instance titles. Deserved titles for hard work, not simply given a title for being good at leveling.

Shazbot wrote: »
    I'm guessing that's aimed at me since I was the only person with a negative comment before your post. So let me make my point clear. Needless titles, like the class/race and first to 80 titles should be scrapped. Simply a race to see who can put in the most time. More than likely 1 person will have 3 titles in less than a week. i.e. An orc hunter will be the first to 80. Needless waste of 2 titles.

I'm all for handing out titles, but only for ones merited by hard work, such as high warlord and end game instance titles. Deserved titles for hard work, not simply given a title for being good at leveling.

Wasn't aimed at you in particular, more at the wow community that are complaining on the wow forums.

All with the same lame reason, the fact that they cant get the title. They all offer various reasons trying to disguise it, but at the end of the day, its just that they wish they could get some of the titles.

And the high warlord title is the most meaningless thing ever, shows you wasted about 4-6 months of your life. I would turn it off if i had it, its embarassing.

These will be achieveable in about 3 days after wotlk, anyone who wants to go hell for leather, beating out tons of others that are trying to get it, deserves to have the title.

You will notice that the people that actually have a chance of getting them, arent complaining about them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Ivan

You are missing the point; it isnt an incentive for people to go hell for leather, skip sleep or organise their entire guild for slave labour.

It's a reward for those people, who would do that anyway, only to be forgotten in a few weeks.

These people will now have titles that they can forever wear to remind people of the fact that they are the craziest on the realm. Seems fair to me.

All with the same lame reason, the fact that they cant get the title. They all offer various reasons trying to disguise it, but at the end of the day, its just that they wish they could get some of the titles.
    Or maybe that they see the redundancy and pointlessness in them.
    And the high warlord title is the most meaningless thing ever, shows you wasted about 4-6 months of your life. I would turn it off if i had it, its embarassing.
    High warlord was a difficult rank to achieve which require skill and time. Not something that was just handed around, only 1 or 2 per realm. Having tier 6 gear shows you wasted alot of months too, would you hide that too? Maybe you're just complaining about the title since you never had it.
    These will be achieveable in about 3 days after wotlk, anyone who wants to go hell for leather, beating out tons of others that are trying to get it, deserves to have the title.
    So unique titles for 3 days work when compared to the others that will take months of effort. As i said before, I'd rather just see that end instance completion and pvp titles (gladiators etc). Titles that should reflect hard work and skill. There is no way to pawn off rushing to 80 as skill, no matter how you sugar coat it.
    You will notice that the people that actually have a chance of getting them, arent complaining about them.
    Everyone has a chance to get them, yet some people are complaining. Fault in your logic there. The point of these titles is that every player has a chance to get them if they simply work harder. Some people enjoy the leveling aspect of the game and want to learn more of the lore.

• Advertisement

Or maybe that they see the redundancy and pointlessness in them.

Well if that's the case, they should just stop talking about them? And move on with their lives? But that's not gonna happen cos as I said already, they all secretly wish they could have them ;)
    High warlord was a difficult rank to achieve which require skill and time. Not something that was just handed around, only 1 or 2 per realm.

There was nothing Difficult about gaining the rank, it was just one HUGE time sink. Being a waster and sitting at home all day every day for months on end != difficult, the hardest task being to decide which flavor pop tart to consume at 3am.
    So unique titles for 3 days work when compared to the others that will take months of effort. As i said before, I'd rather just see that end instance completion and pvp titles (gladiators etc). Titles that should reflect hard work and skill. There is no way to pawn off rushing to 80 as skill, no matter how you sugar coat it.

As Ivan said ^^ There are people that will be doing this anyway, just like they did when WoW comes out, just like they did when TBC came out, so why not reward them? You can say it doesnt reflect any hard work or skill, yet at the same time you know that you, like the rest of us here, have no chance in hell of getting any of them. Going back to your High Warlord point, anyone who wanted it could get it. Just a matter of being a waster for long enough. You get one shot at these ones, anyone who gets them, deserves them.

Everyone has a chance to get them, yet some people are complaining. Fault in your logic there. The point of these titles is that every player has a chance to get them if they simply work harder. Some people enjoy the leveling aspect of the game and want to learn more of the lore.

Stop kidding yourself, not everyone has a chance at getting them. I've already described the people that will get them. Before the game even ships, it will already be decided who is gonna get them, from a small group on each server.

And I fall into the latter category here, I hate to rush levelling, I love Warcraft Lore, but I dont give two ****s about someone wanting to rush to these titles, fair play to them. I wish there was a "Five Thousandth player to hit 80 on Mazrigos" title so I might actually get one.

And anyone who doubts what I've said about High Warlord/Grand Marshall

Just take a read - http://www.notaddicted.com/forums/showthread.php?t=362

If you think this needed "Skill" you are way off.

Well if that's the case, they should just stop talking about them? And move on with their lives? But that's not gonna happen cos as I said already, they all secretly wish they could have them ;)
    Doesn't really happy like that I'm afraid. Afterall, I haven't played the game in over a year and I still don't like the idea of some of the titles.
    There was nothing Difficult about gaining the rank, it was just one HUGE time sink. Being a waster and sitting at home all day every day for months on end != difficult, the hardest task being to decide which flavor pop tart to consume at 3am.
    You just described WoW as a whole. Why pick on the High Warlord/ Grand Marshall ranks.
    As Ivan said ^^ There are people that will be doing this anyway, just like they did when WoW comes out, just like they did when TBC came out, so why not reward them? You can say it doesnt reflect any hard work or skill, yet at the same time you know that you, like the rest of us here, have no chance in hell of getting any of them. Going back to your High Warlord point, anyone who wanted it could get it. Just a matter of being a waster for long enough. You get one shot at these ones, anyone who gets them, deserves them.
    So Blizzard feels the need to reward these people. Seems rather pointless.

Stop kidding yourself, not everyone has a chance at getting them. I've already described the people that will get them. Before the game even ships, it will already be decided who is gonna get them, from a small group on each server.
    Again, why should these people need to be remembered for getting to 80 first. Why not keep the titles for meaningful* things.
    And I fall into the latter category here, I hate to rush levelling, I love Warcraft Lore, but I dont give two ****s about someone wanting to rush to these titles, fair play to them. I wish there was a "Five Thousandth player to hit 80 on Mazrigos" title so I might actually get one.
    I'm in a similar boat to you, I agree with titles but not the stupid ones.

*meaningful in WoW terms

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,184 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

soooo...

..its the MMO equivalent of those mongtards who reply
    "first!"
    to any blue announcement threads.

Awesome.

Its a pity that they didnt marry the titles idea to the achievments section.
    get to 475 cooking- make x amount of foodbuffs and get an option to use "the masterchef" title or something similar.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Ivan

The reason these people should be remembered and should be given titles, is because they were first.

Its like the olympics, or maybe the special olympics even.

Some people are competing for the fun of it, some for the social aspects. Some to "get out doors" and some to take in the scenery, but deep down, everybody still wants to be first/the best.

Ivan wrote: »
    The reason these people should be remembered and should be given titles, is because they were first.

Yea, but it should be a first of significance. If they are bringing in a title for the first to reach 80 then that should be the only one. There shouldn't be one for every race/class. It devalues the first to 80 one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

Here's one o/ I'd be looking for the first druid to 70 ideally.

I dont have beta access like I did for tbc but before this was announced I had intentions of time of work to blitz levelling. Last time around I was on course as one of the people first to 70 on the server. I had a trip to Copenhagen planned though the weekend after launch.

Anyway dispite being in with a good shot due to me being prepared to just play as much as possible part of me would just prefare if it wasn't there and as a result would not feel so compelled to level fast and take it a notch above what I did last time with this carrot being dangled.

At the same time then I suppose it is open to abuse. Account sharing in violation of eula and all that jazz

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭#Daniel

I think they shouldnt limit those titles to one player.. maybe broaden them.. e.g. you get a title if you made it to level 80 within the first fortnight of release date or something, and do something similar with every title.

Just seems to me that Blizzard are rewarding some random powerleveller to speed through their content and miss all the lore and objectives that Blizzard carefully made and what the game is based upon.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,207 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

#Daniel wrote: »
    Just seems to me that Blizzard are rewarding some random powerleveller to speed through their content and miss all the lore...
    Probably hoping people dont realise that they are willing to sacrifice the lore for more epix :rolleyes:

Kiith wrote: »
    Probably hoping people dont realise that they are willing to sacrifice the lore for more epix :rolleyes:

Actually, that wouldn't have been a bad idea. Instead of giving the player a title, give them a server unique epic weapon e.g. a unique epic bow for the first hunter to 80 (not much better than tier 1/2 of northrend). Much more practical incentive rather than a title.

• Advertisement

Actually, that wouldn't have been a bad idea. Instead of giving the player a title, give them a server unique epic weapon e.g. a unique epic bow for the first hunter to 80 (not much better than tier 1/2 of northrend). Much more practical incentive rather than a title.

So the players don't deserve a "Meaningless title" but they deserve actual in game advantages??

Wat

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭smellslikeshoes

Wish I had gotten a beta invite now, think I might actually go for one of these titles. Fair enough its pointless etc etc. but I see it as just a bit of fun and a challenge.
    I don't think I could realistically get server first 80 as theres bound to be somebody with lots of people helping them out but I could possibly get a class/race one. I figure I would be in a good position if I use my Troll priest, if I miss out on priest first I could still have a chance of getting troll first and vice versa. My 3 other toons wouldn't be in as good a position.

So the players don't deserve a "Meaningless title" but they deserve actual in game advantages??

Wat

I meant it would have been a more interesting prospect. I also said to give them a slight advantage but not a massive one. Silly argument since it's a hypothetical situation. If they really wanted to make it an appeal for people there should be a justified reward at the end of the work. People will simply ignore the titles.

I meant it would have been a more interesting prospect. I also said to give them a slight advantage but not a massive one. Silly argument since it's a hypothetical situation. If they really wanted to make it an appeal for people there should be a justified reward at the end of the work. People will simply ignore the titles.

The people who know they won't get close to achieving them might ignore them, but only in a begrudging, jealous way.

Everyone who plays wow or played wow would like to have one or more of these new titles, and are kidding themselves if they say otherwise.

The people who know they won't get close to achieving them might ignore them, but only in a begrudging, jealous way.
    Jesus Christ, how many times do I have to make this point. Not everyone (including me) will be jealous of titles. Stop hinting at it. It's extremely childish.
    Everyone who plays wow or played wow would like to have one or more of these new titles, and are kidding themselves if they say otherwise.
    Again, it wouldn't bother me to see someone with a title. I would simply ignore it. If Blizzard wanted to create incentives to reward skilled players they could have a much better setup than this.... Oh wait, they already do, legendary items.

Now please, stop hinting that we're all jealous because we're not. You may be but some of us played the game for fun, not to be worshiped in the game.

Jesus Christ, how many times do I have to make this point. Not everyone (including me) will be jealous of titles. Stop hinting at it. It's extremely childish.

Again, it wouldn't bother me to see someone with a title. I would simply ignore it. If Blizzard wanted to create incentives to reward skilled players they could have a much better setup than this.... Oh wait, they already do, legendary items.

Now please, stop hinting that we're all jealous because we're not. You may be but some of us played the game for fun, not to be worshiped in the game.

Denial isn't just a river in Egypt,

Maybe you can buy an account from someone who gets one of the titles, to fulfill that hidden longing.

Denial isn't just a river in Egypt,

Maybe you can buy an account from someone who gets one of the titles, to fulfill that hidden longing.

Oh for the love of god, people like you make the game unbearable, bloody children. Trying to provoke reactions from me is called trolling, and against forums charters so tread carefully.

Last you'll see of me in this tread. I've made my points clear a long time ago.

Oh for the love of god, people like you make the game unbearable, bloody children. Trying to provoke reactions from me is called trolling, and against forums charters so tread carefully.

Last you'll see of me in this tread. I've made my points clear a long time ago.

Ok nice, I was wondering why you kept repeating them actually.

So anyway, anyone else have an opinion on the titles?

Anyone able to admit that they would love to have one of them?

Who honestly wouldn't want to be the only "Hero Of Northrend" on their server?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Schism

I don't want to get involved in the discussion here but I would like the titles Iron Chef or Archmage.

Some of the titles are a bit **** tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭Krieg

I have a few points

- I read that wotlk would be capped at 77 upon release with the following 3 levels being released as part of a patch. If thats the case then there wont be the ridiculous rush to get the titles upon release. Someone please correct me on this

Assuming this 77 cap does not exist -
    - I think blizzard are bit hypocritical with these titles. They have often said that they implore their customers to play the game in moderation, yet they release this crap. What are they expecting? That the players will "moderately" make their way to 80? **** no

- I was talking to my friend who I would call a hardcore player and we were chatting about wotlk and what the opening is going to be like. He was telling me that the guy who first hit 70 back in tbc, was helped out by a guild throughout, i.e.; they put all their time into helping this one player get to 70 by helping him with quests and he did very little combat, quest rewards are what got him to 70. This wont be any different for wotlk. Nobody is gonna get to 80 on their own, it will require help from others who are willing to sacrifice 24+/- hrs of their time to get you on top.
    My friend did the Beta and he said that to get to 80 would take 36hrs minimum.

Personally I never thought much of the titles in wow and tbh I would be embarrassed to have these since all it really says to me is "Im so pathetic, I sacrificed 24/36/48 straight hours of my life and got extra words beside my name".
    But on the other hand, it does sound like an interesting guild challenge if you were attempting to become first to 80 in the world (Not just your little server)

Advertisement