Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New WotLK Titles

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

Another issue I have with these titles is the degree of exclusivity. It is a step back to the hwl times rewarding people for time sunk and in concentrated amounts. Rather than a more well anyone can do it but it might take you longer. I realise its a fine balance to maintain.

A good example might be the bear mount in ZA. Its acheivable with reasonable effort. Maintains a degree of exclusivity without being ridiculous while at the same time is being removed to not belittle the original challenge it was.

Like everything open to abuse though e.g. a guildie of my sells them for 9k. 1k gold then made for each raid member etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭xeni

WellyJ wrote: »
    Ok nice, I was wondering why you kept repeating them actually.

So anyway, anyone else have an opinion on the titles?

Anyone able to admit that they would love to have one of them?

Who honestly wouldn't want to be the only "Hero Of Northrend" on their server?

I'd defo would want to have any of those and the only reason I'm pissed is cause I know I'll never get any :P But I'm fine with that, it is the way it is. I would be happy though if they'd implement some kind of lesser (more achievable) titles as well, like if you get leatherworking to 450 than you get a title of 'Master Leatherworker'. Or lets say there would be a 5 piece set and pattern for each piece would have low % droprate in a different instance and if you manage to get all of them you get the 'Master Leatherworker' title.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

does anyone actually have titles on above their own head?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭WellyJ

DRakE wrote: »

I have Blood Guard on, cos i like the sound of it.

If i had Champion of the Naaru or Hand of A'dal I would have one displayed for sure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭xeni

I have Knight on one of my chars.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

I mean does anyone ever have name/titles turned on about their own characters head?

you can never see your own name so who gives a ****? :s

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

When I played, I used to display Hand of A'dal, before I had that - Knight-Champion.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,204 ✭✭✭Kenny_D

I mean does anyone ever have name/titles turned on about their own characters head?

you can never see your own name so who gives a ****? :s

Eh you can.....

Go to interface options and turn it on there if you want

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭smellslikeshoes

Generally when I see someone with a hand of Adal title in say a pug group I feel a little more confident in their abilities since they would have to be somewhat skilled/geared to be able to get it. If I was going to run a pug or something I'd put mine on, but if I wasn't I'd probably leave off.

As far as the new titles go yes I would love one and as I mentioned in previous post on this thread I'm going to have a go getting one. Yes there is a slight amount of e-peen about it but I also love the challenge of getting one.
    Lets face it guys one of the best things about wow is the challenges, be it downing Illdian for first time or breaking 2k rating. This is just a another challenge, yes its not for everyone but thats the reason its such a compelling challenge.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,996 ✭✭✭KilOit

Mine is turned off and i don't see anyone elses title cause i simply don't care i have guild turned off aswell, I will more than likely do the same in wotlk i don't care who gets these titles

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

They have been removed and I am happier for it. Presuming its all of them

http://www.worldofraids.com/news/278.html

Advertisement