Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pizza Stone

• 01-09-2008 2:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭

Does anyone know where to pick up a pizza stone in the Dublin area? I've searched on google but no joy. Ebay have them for about €55 delivered but I'm hoping that some store might have them in stock

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

Kitchen Compliments just off Grafton Street and Stock, just outside the Stephen's Green shopping centre.

But if you can find an unglazed quarry tile, that'll do the job just fine for a lot less money (like €2 versus €40).
    Paving slabs will also do the job, just not as well.

Finding a Peel was the more awkward thing for me, to be honest - eventually I had to go pay nearly €30 in Kitchen Compliments for one :(

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭lemeister

Cheers, I shall have a look in there so (don't think herself would agree to eating anything I cooked off a paving slab!!)

Well, it is a new paving slab, which you wash down first :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭oblivious

There was an older thread here about getting one in dublin

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055135414&highlight=pizza+stone

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 703 ✭✭✭lostinsuperfunk

You could try a monument mason for a nice piece of marble. A bit morbid but oh so tasty.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

Marble wouldn't be the best material for a pizza stone - it needs to be more porous. Soapstone is a good bet.

Didn't realise Kitchen Complements did peels - I've been looking for one for ages! Don't think 30 quid is at all expensive either.

The marble would be bloody useful for chocolate work though.
    And I thought €30 was a lot for a peel given how much they go for €16 in nisbets.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,128 ✭✭✭sweet-rasmus

we had a thread about this in vegan and veggie a while ago: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055285342

Advertisement