Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

switching to vodafone

• 01-09-2008 2:50pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,366 ✭✭✭

my g/f is asking (read nagging! :)) me to switch to vodafone for that free calls offer.

I'm currently with meteor (pay as you go) for the last few years. How do I get my phone unlocked, and will I have to pay for a vodafone sim?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

I'd suggest it might be easier to change your girlfriend for one who has Meteor! :D

If you are on billpay then it's very likely your phone is unlocked anyway, however if you are going to change to vodafone, then wouldn't it make sense to get a new phone from them and get your number ported?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

I'd also suggest that you get your gf to switch to meteor. Same offer just cheaper! If you are pay as you go you your phone is most likely locked, to unlock it you will have to ring meteor and ask for the code, as long as you've topped up by €120 since your last upgrade you'll be fine. shouldn't be any problems, apart from them begging you to stay obviously!

Vodafone sims for people porting their number are free! Link

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,366 ✭✭✭king_of_inismac

I'm pay as you go and have just upgraded to the nokia 6300

Well give them a call and see what they say, you might be lucky. the nokia 6300 is a BB5 phone so a code can't be generated from any webstite or anything, if meteor won't unlock ot you'll have to bring it to an unlocking shop.

Whats keeping the gf on vodafone if ya don't mind me asking?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,366 ✭✭✭king_of_inismac

all her friends are on VF, so she wants free texts to them too!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

all her friends are on VF, so she wants free texts to them too!

Both Metor and o2 offer free texts to all networks for €20 a month. I think Vodafone only offer it Voda-Voda? o2 is a bit more of a reliable network, but Meteor is cheaper for calls.

Id move her from Voda and take up one of the packages from either network - you can text her for free, she can text you for free and you can text everyone else for free also.

Fair enough! Sure give 1905 a call and see what they say, if that fails i'm sure someone will recommend a good unlocking shop near you. If you upgraded recently that probably means you have a good bit of credit, may aswell use it all up before you switch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

Today your mobile network, then it'll be watching eastenders instead of the footie, then it'll be saturday afternoons shopping in Dundrum, than a nice sensible car instead of the MR2......

it's a slippery slope my friend:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,028 ✭✭✭✭listermint

this girl wants its all :D

Id definitely have a look around and trade her in for a gf with a meteor number , its clearly going to be easier on the both of you in the long run.:)

Advertisement