Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick to lose Hilton Hotel

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

possibly a good thing? hotel is built now, and back to local management?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

This is not a positive development imho.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭AlanD

nothing really is going to change. I read about it in The Times yesterday. What happened was the owner and the Hilton group went to court over management rights. So the owner is letting go of the hilton name and will run it locally as The Strand. It's not closing, just changing a little bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

I think it's a big deal to be honest.

Hopefully The Marriott won't follow suit.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

If the Hilton group were managing it up to now it can only be a good thing.

The service is crap, the food is substandard and the attitude in general is poor...of course none of that comes across when you (as I did) get the marketing tour and follow up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭Chong

Surprise Surprise.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭talkingclock

i think the hilton isn't doing very well. if you check the internet then you'll see that they sell rooms for just 89 euros per night! the greenhills is at 99€ with breakfast and 79 w/o breakfast or even the travelodge at €69 - 79 at times!

Advertisement