Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gardaí in Finglas

Options
  • 01-09-2008 2:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭

Anyone else notice the amount of extra Gardaí around since the shooting in the Jolly Toper last weekend?

I popped home from work today at lunchtime and was stuck at a checkpoint for a couple of minutes. There were a few uniformed Gardaí, but also a few with BIG guns.

I was also stopped the other night in my car by a Garda car that was driving the opposite way. They put on their bule lights and reversed up the road after me just as I passed. I stoped and when they got to me they just looked and said "wrong person" and drove off!

Now, the thing I can't understand is that they're obviously after someone in particular, having armed Gardaí at a checkpoint.... but they were also pulling people for tax/insurance etc. - And when they'd pull one car in about another 5 would get through unchecked.

Anybody know what's going on??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,991 ✭✭✭✭Stark

It's common for them to setup fake tax/insurance check points to poorly disguise their efforts to find a specific person.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭connundrum

Apparently yer man who was shot dead has been released home to be buried. There appears to be a plan to hold a 2 day wake in his honour, at which I presume the Guards expect some fireworks to kick off.

As for where yer man will be buried and more importantly where the session after the burial will be held is unknown as of yet, but I'll be steering clear of any public house in the area for the next week or so anyways.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭az2wp0sye65487

Good point... hadn't thought of that... Think I'll be having a few quiet nights in myself!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Jet Black

Noticed some outside my house and walking around the south. Few on horses too. Same thing happened after the paddy’s day incident. They where everywhere for a couple of days and disappeared back to wherever they came from.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭Jay D

seen 2 in tesco's if that's where ya mean, just 20 mins ago....

:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

They were operang vehicle check points on the N2 yesterday,they waved me through in spite of my L plates and pulled some bloke behind me.
    They were still talking to him when i lost sight of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭jdivision

The guys who killed yer man are known to the victim's friends and family and are expected to be killed next week in retaliation according to Gardai I know there. The Gardai are presumably trying to deter them in advance

jdivision wrote: »
    The guys who killed yer man are known to the victim's friends and family and are expected to be killed next week in retaliation according to Gardai I know there. The Gardai are presumably trying to deter them in advance

****ing scum.Let them shoot each other and then shoot the last one.

Degsy wrote: »
    ****ing scum.Let them shoot each other and then shoot the last one.

Its all well and good saying that. But what if an innocent person is mistaken for one of them, and gets shot? It could easily happen...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭connundrum

Its all well and good saying that. But what if an innocent person is mistaken for one of them, and gets shot? It could easily happen...

And it has happened. Getting shot in the arm is no fun afaik.

Apparently funeral will be going back to a GAA hall in Cabra (iirc) so things should be quiet enough.

I tell you one thing, I'm fuckin sick of the police chopper hovering outside my bedroom window for the last few nights. Makes it impossible to sleep :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,991 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Or ends up in the wrong place at the wrong time like that apprentice guy in Finglas...

Stark wrote: »
    Or ends up in the wrong place at the wrong time like that apprentice guy in Finglas...

Dont do nixers for drug barons then.
    If people want rid of these animals the people in the community are the only ones that can do it.
    The only reason the two dumbrell brothers got convicted a while back was because the witnesses refused to be intimidated.The brothers are in jail forever and the locals are well rid of them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,799 ✭✭✭Tha Gopher

"Ah, your the plumber! Hi, Im Sarah. My uncle Marlo Hyland is asleep upstairs as he has been moving between gaffs to avoid some gunmen after him. Keep the noise down while I pop out"

Jesus Christ Degsy you dont half talk a load of badly spelled gramatically atrocious sh1t.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Ah the old plumber on the death star argument from clerks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭mehfesto2

connundrum wrote: »

I tell you one thing, I'm fuckin sick of the police chopper hovering outside my bedroom window for the last few nights. Makes it impossible to sleep :mad:

Too right. The noise of them last night was something else. If they were any closer to the ground, they'd have to obey traffic lights.

Wouldn't want to be the landlord at that afters, all the same. How do you say 'no' to them?

There's halloween coming up soon as well.
    Allways good for a few shootings,the bangers hide the noise you see.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

connundrum wrote: »
    And it has happened. Getting shot in the arm is no fun afaik.

Apparently funeral will be going back to a GAA hall in Cabra (iirc) so things should be quiet enough.

Glad it is over your way means it not hovering around the blanch shopping centre keeping me awake.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭patser grey

to the op, the garda are all over finglas to try stop more killings, they are definately looking for particular people, i went through about 12 checkpoints this week and they were more interested in who was in the cars than what was in the window. I believe they are expecting a bloodbath sometime soon.
    incidently farmer martins sister had a house party lastnigh after the funeral, it carried on until this evening until somebody died!, an ambulance took somebody out in a body bag earlier, dont know how they died.

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭dundealgan

At least 20 squad cars, both marked and unmarked, just sped through Ballymun heading towards Finglas about 15-20 mins ago.... Something serious going on there me thinks!!!:eek:::eek:

incidently farmer martins sister had a house party lastnigh after the funeral, it carried on until this evening until somebody died!, an ambulance took somebody out in a body bag earlier, dont know how they died.

Is that near the Cappagh House by any chance? I passed there earlier and there was LOADS of people around, Gardaí and an 'ambulance', not an ordinary ambulance, it was more like a silver van with a green light on top and the word 'ambulance' on the front. Think its what they use for removal of bodies...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6 PatrickDoh

Hi

I just thought I would read this thred to pass some time before lunch, its an interesting thread and an issue that affects us all. However I want to state how completely disgusted I feel at some of the contributers making light of the death of the young plumber in the Hyland situation. I know you will say that you were just trying to make your point but really there is no excuse for such disrespect.

You should be utterly ashamed.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

Last thursday, in 90 mins, i passed a car pulled over by the police on the Ratoath Road (Cabra Side), 3 special branch cars in the car park of Dunnes on Cardiffbridge Road searching a motor bike, and a car pulled over on St. Helena's Road and two guards in tesco, mind you, they were there because some bloke walked out with a plasma screen tv.

But there is huge presence around, last night and the night before they had pulled two cars over outside my house.

Does anyone know where that bloke who are shot in the Topper is from? cos a coffin pulled up on road on tuesday night and there were about 30 cars around all night, i just assumed some old bloke died, seen as i am the youngest person around there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

irishbird wrote: »
    Does anyone know where that bloke who are shot in the Topper is from? cos a coffin pulled up on road on tuesday night and there were about 30 cars around all night, i just assumed some old bloke died, seen as i am the youngest person around there

That was nothing to do with it Irishbird. I think from memory your in Valley Park, the northern end.
    If so, that was for a young man(early 30's, think 33) who died of a heart attack.

gurramok wrote: »
    That was nothing to do with it Irishbird. I think from memory your in Valley Park, the northern end.
    If so, that was for a young man(early 30's, think 33) who died of a heart attack.

ORLY, 33 poor bloke.

still though, there is no need to blocking my car in and parking all over the place

Irishbird are you on medication? In therapy?

If not I suggest you consider both options...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭the flananator

Wow, police on horses, corpse ambulances and police helicopters. And I thought people were just joking about Finglas!

PatrickDoh wrote: »
    Irishbird are you on medication? In therapy?

If not I suggest you consider both options...

:confused::confused::confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

gurramok wrote: »
    irishbird wrote: »
    still though, there is no need to blocking my car in and parking all over the place

I think PatrickDoh pointed out that your comments were heartless.

oh right, err..............right, no sorry am still confused. are you allow park across driveways when someone dies?

anyway back on topic, its is actually great around my way at the since they emptied dunsink lane - no police helicopters around my way, its all nice and quiet again

• Advertisement

Exactly Biko!

You can tell she probably hasnt had a hard day in her life! Then again with a mentality like that every day is probably joyless for her...

Advertisement