Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

where to get cheap window tint film?

Options
  • 01-09-2008 3:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 690 ✭✭✭

pref dublin area - checked halfords and it was a mad price - over €30 a roll for stuff can be got on ebay for a fiver

would prefer to get it locally tho in case i need to get more at short notice

this isnt a car tint job - i just need to cover some glass in a building for privacy so top notch quality isnt required

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,975 ✭✭✭✭listermint

VH wrote: »
    pref dublin area - checked halfords and it was a mad price - over €30 a roll for stuff can be got on ebay for a fiver

would prefer to get it locally tho in case i need to get more at short notice

this isnt a car tint job - i just need to cover some glass in a building for privacy so top notch quality isnt required

Buy it off ebay, its cheaper as you say. And just do your sums in regards area size. Always buy more than you need to cover and extra. Simple! And your studio isnt going to run off anywhere so even if you dont have enough re-order some more. Save yourself money.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 690 ✭✭✭VH

Sorry - should have said i will do the tiniting myself

• Registered Users Posts: 33,975 ✭✭✭✭listermint

makes no difference, order over what you need. Make sure you use enough water / washing liquid mix and keep the area wet. Its easier if you mix it into a standard spray container (like a kitchen counter sprayer) also have a nice flat edge to rub out the bubbles. (pref rounded plastic tip to avoid scrapes) again well lubricated with the spray bottle.

Advertisement