Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What do solo artists use for backing music etc?

• 01-09-2008 3:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20

Hi All,

Maybe a dumb question but what do solo artists use for backing tracks, drums etc when playing live i.e. a guy with his acoustic guitar but wants the drums, fiddles etc also. I see they use a footpedal most of the time to trigger the track to start.

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭-=al=-

some sort of looper pedal might work or at least be of use...

you can always make ur own backing stuff with samples too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 Bobo

Thanks -=al=-,

They appear to have the full backing track, drums mainly, for songs like Galway girls etc. Just wondering what they use and where they get them?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭-=al=-

ah all that kinda jazz, im sure theres some resources online somewhere, www.guitarbt.com is full of backings, but the site seems to be down

+ duno if they'd have that kind of stuff, never checked, i only every used it for the odd satriani backing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

Bobo wrote: »
    Hi All,

Maybe a dumb question but what do solo artists use for backing tracks, drums etc when playing live i.e. a guy with his acoustic guitar but wants the drums, fiddles etc also. I see they use a footpedal most of the time to trigger the track to start.

Cheers.

A band?

Nothing is a substitute for live music. :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

Bobo that's a very appropriate avatar you've got ;).

On a serious note, try here for backing tracks. The quality seems to vary a bit from song to song.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭sei046

if they are using pedal its to trigger something like a qy700 or a ketron

Advertisement