Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

N4/M50 junction

Options
  • 01-09-2008 3:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20,977 ✭✭✭✭

Hi, quick question. Does anyone know if there's currently a pedestrian/cycle bridge for crossing the M50 near the N4 interchange?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

Yep, its to the left (looking from the Liffey Valley side) of the interchange and it exits out into Palmerstown.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,038 ✭✭✭penexpers

I usually just go over the N4 bridge. Bit hairy, but not too bad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭irishmotorist

Does anybody have any experience of it?

I tried it one morning and after missed the sign for the cycle lane, went into the hospital grounds, dead end, turned around and then found when it directed me onto the cycle lane, it looked like there was broken glass all over it. It was pi$$ing rain that morning so I couldn't see properly and was already drenched so I decided to just continue the usual route over the N4.

I don't plan on using it too much anyway, cos I find the main junction fine, once I keep good position in bus lane and then moving across into the 'driving' lane. I wonder, though, if I'm breaking the law because of the hammy 'cyclists this way' signs and the bikes spray painted off the buslane signs! It's not very official looking.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

Does anybody have any experience of it?

I tried it one morning and after missed the sign for the cycle lane, went into the hospital grounds, dead end, turned around and then found when it directed me onto the cycle lane, it looked like there was broken glass all over it. It was pi$$ing rain that morning so I couldn't see properly and was already drenched so I decided to just continue the usual route over the N4.
    Yep I use it any time I go through that junction. The turn for it is about 50m before the hospital entrance and you just follow the path around along the road, its all tarmac and fairly smooth.

EDIT: Did you got into Hermitage Clinic grounds (left at the first round about) or Kings Hospital grounds (follow the road past the Dead Mans Inn)

Ciaran500 wrote: »
    Did you got into Hermitage Clinic grounds (left at the first round about) or Kings Hospital grounds (follow the road past the Dead Mans Inn)
    It was Kings Hospital. I didn't see the sign at the back of the bus stop (if it exists) so just went trundling past it. I found the Cycle Lane sign on the way back though.
    Maybe I'll give it a go to see how it compares. It looks like it will add a couple of minutes to my trip time which will make beating my PB even harder!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭TinyExplosions

It was Kings Hospital.

You guys probably know, but Kings Hospital is a school, not a hospital... in fact it was my school :)

I didn't in fact realise that, but it explains where the school that I heard was down there is!

I tried that route earlier and won't be going again any time soon. It added a few minutes to my journey but there's a load of roadworks out the Palmerstown side of it. I had to dodge a course through a load of road muck to get back onto a normal road surface.

On an unrelated topic, the traffic is flying through the toll bridge now! Who'd have guessed that not having barriers and forcing cars to stop would improve the traffic situation on that road!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,038 ✭✭✭penexpers

the traffic is flying through the toll bridge now! Who'd have guessed that not having barriers and forcing cars to stop would improve the traffic situation on that road!

Not NTR, that's for sure.

Advertisement