Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Skoda Octavia Engine Management Light

Options
  • 01-09-2008 3:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,246 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

The engine management light (the light that looks like an engine) came on today on my 2002 Octavia 1.4. Car appears to be driving perfectly. Before I take it to the main dealers, anyone got an idea what it might be?.

Thanks,

T.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 629 ✭✭✭cashmni1

It could be a host of different items. Too vauge to pin down. I just hope the STOP light isn't on too??
    Anyway, do the usual and check all your fluids, keep an eye on the temp guage. It could be an emissions fault. I don't know if they have a specfic warning light for that or not. If the car is driving correctly, it could be something to do with the cat converter or exaust.
    Just my 2c

• Registered Users Posts: 1,703 ✭✭✭Mr.David

Its most likely a sensor if it seems to all be running A OK.

Exhaust pressure sensor isnt uncommon. Either the sensor is knackered (more than likely) or the vacuum pipes have become blocked.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,246 ✭✭✭TigerTim

Must be some sensor, alright. ensor went out this evening & hasn't come back on yet. Thanks for the replies.

T.

Advertisement