Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

ITB registration info. etc

• 01-09-2008 3:30pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 461 ✭✭

I accepted my course last Monday and still havn't received any informantion on registration, first day, fees etc etc. Has anyone else had this problem?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭da4i's

Registraction day is on the 11th of sept. This is the first day we (yes im goin ther too :D) have at the place. All the info we need will be posted out before this Friday so they say . I rang them today.

Dave

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 461 ✭✭Drodan

Got all the crap today, BBQ sounds good, free food anyway, lol.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,503 ✭✭✭thefinalstage

Exactly, BBQ for the win!

Actually since your onlin, do you know which bus, if any, goes direct from town to ITB?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭BaRcOe

Drodan wrote: »
    I accepted my course last Monday and still havn't received any informantion on registration, first day, fees etc etc. Has anyone else had this problem?

Me too!! I rang em today, they said if it aint there 2moro ring back. At least I know im not allown now

• Advertisement

Actually since your onlin, do you know which bus, if any, goes direct from town to ITB?

I have been having trouble with this too. This might help but Im pretty sure it doesnt drop you directly to ITB.
    I was going to the opening evening and from doing research on Boards I found out that the 38B/C goes out there( the bus driver was useless, he barely knew about the IT itself and hes on the route). I didnt know where to get off, I found myself completely lost around Blanch, didnt know where to go from the shopping centre(Not within walking distance of the college) and ended up getting a taxi for 7 quid from the shopping centre.

Anyway you will see on that Dublin Bus link there is a bus every morning at 8, I presume its a special 'college bus' that gets you in on time for lectures.

I would like to know, apart from this 'once off special bus' how can you get to the institute without having to walk a great distance. Im looking for the exact bus and Bus Stop, what to look out for..etc. I know the only way to find out is by trying it but I did last week but f***ed up!! ;)

I think, from looking at the map, if your on the 38b/c get off on the second last stop and the college should be in eyesite, I think.

This Alan martin coaches guy isn't really helpfull either, all his coaches seem to just leave the college, none actually go to it from town. It's not a good website.

http://www.amconline.ie/RouteDetails.asp?a=timetable&t=

Either way I think it's going to take me at least 90minutes to get there, awesome, I have to get my full liscene, it would help so much.

Just found a route, 40d, that leaves from Parnell st, goes through Glasnevin and Finglas and only takes 45minns approx, might be grabbing that one myself.

Either way I think it's going to take me at least 90minutes to get there, awesome, I have to get my full liscene, it would help so much.

Its funny cause im in that boat too and I came across someone else in the exact same position also. It will also take me 90 mins approx each morning :( sad times. bring on the licence!

God why can't they move the IT down to the shopping centre at least, youve seen what they can do on that new show on Tv3. Literally move buildings;)

Anyway, yes the 40d goes by 'Blanchardstown Corporate Park'.
    All i know is that thats near the ebay,paypal buildings.
    Is the IT itself within walking distance of the 'Corporate Park'?

If they moved the IT to the centre I think it would be certain I;d miss every single lecture.

The corp park looks to be in walking distance anyway, about 10minutes probably. I know I'l be leaving early thursday morning, just incase I most likely get lost.

• Advertisement

If they moved the IT to the centre I think it would be certain I;d miss every single lecture.

The corp park looks to be in walking distance anyway, about 10minutes probably. I know I'l be leaving early thursday morning, just incase I most likely get lost.

Ye, I was so lost last thursday and the M50 wasnt helping as there are many signs for the IT from the road but none for pedestrians and you cant walk on the M50(or can you).

Is thursday an early morning thing cause I am going to a debs on wednesday night. F***, i'll b arriving in wearing my tux ;)

Bit formal for a registration but fair enough. At least you'll have a good conversation starter. Or people might just point, lol.

It's on at 10:15 me thinks. Doubt it starts that early though.

Also wouldn't reccomend walking on the M50, having walked on many main roads I can tell ya it's not fun. Ok a little bit.

Bit formal for a registration but fair enough. At least you'll have a good conversation starter. Or people might just point, lol.

It's on at 10:15 me thinks. Doubt it starts that early though.

Also wouldn't reccomend walking on the M50, having walked on many main roads I can tell ya it's not fun. Ok a little bit.

ye the gust of wind that sways through your hair every 2 seconds from every 120km/h car that passes by, a very refreshing way to cure a hangover.

pity theres no Bar, i mean whats a college without a college Bar. any1 up 4 starting a campaign? Drink drink, bar bar :rolleyes:

10 onwards, i shud get 2-3 hours of k.o.ing time, not too bad

Actually found the place grand today. Bus driver shouted it out when we were at the stop.

However getting back, oh that was crap. Waiting at the wrong stop for a half hour, great fun.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 repeatlcstudent

what about the 38a or 38 it goes to corduff estate which i think is infront of the college... any info??

The 38/a leaves you about 10 - 15 minutes walk.

You know the stop from the 38c? On that road if you go back towards town theres a turn left, thats the stop if your going back into town. I'm guessing theres one pretty close coming from town.

The 38/a leaves you about 10 - 15 minutes walk.

You know the stop from the 38c? On that road if you go back towards town theres a turn left, thats the stop if your going back into town. I'm guessing theres one pretty close coming from town.

No, the 38/38a leaves you five minutes walk away. As in you get off at the stop at the shopping center just across from the college.

No, the 38/38a leaves you five minutes walk away. As in you get off at the stop at the shopping center just across from the college.

wats the name of the shopping centre..... like if its the blanchardstown shopping centre then its more than 5 mins

yes if its the shopping centre your looking at a trek!! around 30-40 mins walk!

It's withen walking distance of the NAC, which I technically have a lecture at!!

• Advertisement

wats the name of the shopping centre..... like if its the blanchardstown shopping centre then its more than 5 mins

I don't know the name of it but if you walk straight out of itb follow the road and just keep walking straight. There is a pub there and a few shops.

BaRcOe wrote: »
    yes if its the shopping centre your looking at a trek!! around 30-40 mins walk!

Lol, 40 minutes from the Blanch centre? Try 15.

How do ya get to it from the college so? Might try get a job there during the year.

I don't know the name of it but if you walk straight out of itb follow the road and just keep walking straight. There is a pub there and a few shops.

Lol, 40 minutes from the Blanch centre? Try 15.

not a chance, i got a taxi from there(Shoppin centre) d 1st time i tried gettin out to ITB and it cost 7 quid. A taxi ride aint gonna cost 7 quid if the journey is 15 mins walkin distance.
    theres a few long roads

BaRcOe wrote: »
    not a chance, i got a taxi from there(Shoppin centre) d 1st time i tried gettin out to ITB and it cost 7 quid. A taxi ride aint gonna cost 7 quid if the journey is 15 mins walkin distance.
    theres a few long roads

Yes it does. I got a taxi from my house to liffey valley. Cost me six euro and thats a ten minute walk.

i google earthed the 38a route and it is only bout 5 min walk... there is a shopping centre called Corduff Centre... get off there and its bout 5 mins away from college so its pure handy ya no!!

i google earthed the 38a route and it is only bout 5 min walk... there is a shopping centre called Corduff Centre... get off there and its bout 5 mins away from college so its pure handy ya no!!

Thats the place! Thanks, I could not remember the name :P.

Advertisement