Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

VOKERA MYNUTE 14SE - PILOT LIGHT GONE OUT

Options
  • 01-09-2008 3:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 44

Went away for the weekend and turned the boiler off for the 3 days. Can't get the pilot light on since. The boiler sounds like it's working fine and going through the motions but nothing heating up, obviously. Any help???

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭f1_jb

There's no pilot light on a 14se, it has an electronic ignision. You may well just be hearing the pump running, if the water pressure is low the pump will still run but nothing else will happen as it needs water pressure to opperate a micro switch, it a safety back up if the boiler is empty.

If you have pressure on the gauge then it could be any of a few things stopping the boiler from working. I know its a silly question but have you had the boiler serviced? Problem is a lot of people who service these boilers don't clean out the bypass which feeds the microswitch and this could be blocked.

Check these few things first and then let me know whats happening, I can help you out here if I can or put you in touch with the right people to sort it for you if you need a call out and they will not rip you off.

John

• Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭Pete67

I thought the VOKERA MYNUTE 14SE did not have a pilot light - doesn't that model have electronic ignition?

If it won't fire, then one of the safety devices is probably holding out the gas valve. This could include the air pressure switch, water flow switch, overheat switches or water pressure switch.

You need someone with a wiring diagram and equipment and ability to troubleshoot electric controls to find the root cause.

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭SEORG

Hi,

Hope I'm in the right place, I need help with a Mynute SE14 boiler. It is only igniting at 1/4 flame and is is turn off intermittently. The red reset light turns on when the flame goes out.

The boiler was serviced in May.

Hope someone can shed some light on this.

Thanks,
    Paul.

Advertisement