Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Qashqai alternatives

Options
  • 01-09-2008 3:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭

drove a qashqai today on my daily commute to work was suprised by the comfort that the higher driving position gives i suffer from fairly bad back trouble (disks etc.) but cant afford one of these anyone have any cheap alternatvies around the 10k mark wracked my brains but cant really think of any im only 23 so want something a little bit sporty if possible

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,035 ✭✭✭✭-Chris-

Ford Kuga
    VW Tiguan
    Opel Something?

Most manufacturers have a version of it. Check out their websites.

You won't get them for your budget though.

Freelander might come into your budget, but it won't be cheap to run and you'll probably curse my name for suggesting it.

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭stretchaq

AudiChris wrote: »
    Ford Kuga
    VW Tiguan
    Opel Something?

Most manufacturers have a version of it. Check out their websites.

You won't get them for your budget though.

Freelander might come into your budget, but it won't be cheap to run and you'll probably curse my name for suggesting it.

definatly curse your name for even thinking about the freelander!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

Forester turbo.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

Quite a few mini MPVS also have a high and upright seating position. The likes of ford Fusion, Opel Meriva, Fiat Idea etc spring to mind ...they don't do "sporty" however.

Another possibility might be the Suzuki Ignis ...but I've never sat in in one, so I'm not quite sure.

The normal 1.3 is just another blandmobile ...the "Sport" might just fit your bill.

http://www.carzone.ie/used-cars/Suzuki/Ignis/1.5-VVT/1088309/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,900 ✭✭✭Terrontress

peasant wrote: »
    Quite a few mini MPVS also have a high and upright seating position. The likes of ford Fusion, Opel Meriva, Fiat Idea etc spring to mind ...they don't do "sporty" however.

Another possibility might be the Suzuki Ignis ...but I've never sat in in one, so I'm not quite sure.

The normal 1.3 is just another blandmobile ...the "Sport" might just fit your bill.

http://www.carzone.ie/used-cars/Suzuki/Ignis/1.5-VVT/1088309/

Isn't there a Meriva OPC? That probably would be over budget if you could find one.

What about an Audi A2 FSi?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68,921 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Fiat Panda has the upright seating position, but the sporty version is NOT one for someone with a sore back (suspension is very, very stiff). The Dynamic spec versions (1.2 petrol / 1.3 diesel) are one of the most comfortable small cars I've ever driven; but the 1.4 100HP is a boneshaker (and my current car).

MYOB wrote: »
    Fiat Panda has the upright seating position, but the sporty version is NOT one for someone with a sore back (suspension is very, very stiff). The Dynamic spec versions (1.2 petrol / 1.3 diesel) are one of the most comfortable small cars I've ever driven; but the 1.4 100HP is a boneshaker (and my current car).

please god tell me someone who is a regular contributer on a motors forum is not recomending i buy a fiat panda

car history

Puegout 306
    BMW 318is
    BMW M3
    Audi A4
    Fiat panda????? dont think so

no offence just couldnt see how a panda would help my back or anything else really

do you work for fiat??

Anan1 wrote: »
    Forester turbo.

intresting might look into this thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 68,921 ✭✭✭✭L1011

stretchaq wrote: »
    please god tell me someone who is a regular contributer on a motors forum is not recomending i buy a fiat panda

car history

Puegout 306
    BMW 318is
    BMW M3
    Audi A4
    Fiat panda????? dont think so

no offence just couldnt see how a panda would help my back or anything else really

do you work for fiat??

You wanted something cheap with a high seating position, I offered probably the cheapest car with a high seating position on the market in this country.

I don't work for Fiat, but I also don't base my views on cars on decade old hypothesis and third-hand info like most of the users on here. You also don't appear to have noticed someone else mentioning the Fiat Idea earlier in this thread, which is basically built on a lengthened Fiat Project 169 underpinnings - the 169 being the Panda.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭Bandara

Anan1 wrote: »
    Forester turbo.

seconded, a nice machine

• Advertisement
Advertisement