Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rub A Dub-Dub Cheap Booze In What Pub?

Options
  • 01-09-2008 4:16pm
    Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,536 Mod ✭✭✭✭

A helpful heads-up guide to cheap pints in Dublin. When, where and how much. Bit of background could be helpful.

The Royal. Stephen's St Upr. 6a.m-'til 7.30p.m. 6days a week. 6a.m. 'til 1p.m. on Sundays (it closes its doors at that time). 3quid for Plain or Bud. Clean new pub. A little hairy clientel wise. Does cheap food too.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,492 ✭✭✭MementoMori

Sin E on the Quays - Currently has Guinness at €3 a pint on Sundays and Mondays - Don't know how long the offer lasts.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,536 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

3quid (all day, everyday) for a pint of Beamish in The Glimmerman, Stoneybatter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 145 ✭✭duncanb

How much do you guys pay for a pint of guinness in your local?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭arse..biscuits

Not exactly my local but €3

• Registered Users Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭Irish Halo

Dublin Pub Scene has a pretty comprehensive list:
    http://www.dublinpubscene.com/thepubs/pricetablestout.html

• Advertisement

Irish Halo wrote: »
    Dublin Pub Scene has a pretty comprehensive list:
    http://www.dublinpubscene.com/thepubs/pricetablestout.html
    Fairly outta date though. In the right hand column it gives the date entered. Lot of '04 and '05.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Not exactly my local but €3

Realy, do you mind posting where?
    That's a pretty damn competitive price

micmclo wrote: »
    Realy, do you mind posting where?
    That's a pretty damn competitive price

Bit of a mad place, can be full of drunk ol boys singing rebel songs, bit of a laugh though and the pints are grand. Guinness and Bud for €3. The food is really cheap too.

Cafe Royal on Stephen Street. Walk up George's street away from Dame Street, turn right at the new Dunnes Stores HQ building, Its just across the road there. It can close early sometimes if the owner gets pissed off.

Check it out, I deffo wouldn't drink there every night but it's worth checkin out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Think it's 3.80.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Threads merged.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 48 xfirefishx

Yeah, that list is very out of date! (The Dublin pub scene one!)
    So yeah, any other recommendations of places where the drink is reasonable.
    Pints...
    Cider...
    Spirits...
    Cocktails...

Any Happy Hours in Dublin for cocktails and stuff?
    Apart from Belfast, I've only ever lived in Paris - there were loads of happy hours where cocktails were 5 euros - something like that here would be great. 5 euros was like the world's greatest bargain over there!

Whats the normal price you'd pay for a pint of cider?

xfirefishx wrote: »
    Yeah, that list is very out of date! (The Dublin pub scene one!)
    So yeah, any other recommendations of places where the drink is reasonable.

Whats the normal price you'd pay for a pint of cider?

Hey xFire I was hoping to keep this thread a bit clearer than your pointing it towards.
    It'd be more useful if it was kept to the OP. Where, What, When and how much. A brief overview of conditions to prepare for and clientle one may encounter.
    Asking what normal price of cider people pay is gonna throw it a bit pear shaped.
    Trying to keep it useful, simple, informative and knowledgable.

I think happy hours are banned now???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 xfirefishx

Ah okays, I'm surprised cos I thought the post was about cheap booze in pubs and you mentioned pints and I drink cider, as a pint and I was wondering where I could get a cheap pint of cider as a recommendation. Just moved to the city so I don't know where is good. Or where there was other reasonably priced alcoholic beverages. Is the etiquette to start a new post asking "Cheap pints (of cider) in Dublin"?

New site, talking about it over on After Hours

http://pintofplain.com/.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

Yeh, for a 'posh quiet' pint, goto Beggars Bush, still less than €4 and hell of alot cheaper than rivals on the next steet which speaks volumes about rip-off dublin.

xfirefishx wrote: »
    cheap booze in pubs
    All booze is good booze xFire. Cider, shorts, lighter fuel. Once it's cheap and alcoholic. But you were asking "what's the normal price you pay for pint of cider". Throwing the thread a bit of a googly.

3.50 For all draught beers (including cider) from 1 til 8.30 Tuesday to Friday in what was Bad Bobs but now the Purty Kitchen in Temple Bar.
    Mixed bag and surprisingly quiet for the area it's in.

humberklog wrote: »
    3.50 For all draught beers (including cider) from 1 til 8.30 Tuesday to Friday
    I thought it was now illegal to reduce prices at certain times? :confused:

Well there you go. I know that law effects promotions but I've noticed that flaunted too in the recent past.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭jdivision

You can increase the price over the course of the day but aren't allowed decrease it during the day. This is regularly ignored now however.

jdivision wrote: »
    You can increase the price over the course of the day but aren't allowed decrease it during the day. This is regularly ignored now however.
    Interesting - thanks!

The Black Sheep in Coolock. Beside Northside shopping centre. (I think it's called the Oak Tavern now).

Tue., Wed., Thurs. all drinks 3squids all day.
    Fri., Sat., Sun., and Monday all drinks 4balloons all day.
    These prices cover all rooms (restaurant, bar, lounge and club).
    Used to be a bit hairy and very scary however I'd a cracking night there a few months back. Looked like people having a lot of fun on a Friday night and there's a lot to be said for having fun.

Good prices regardless.

P.S. This thread is for price watching purposes. Not a Pub Critique.

Bump up the Booze.Here it is.
    Let's try and keep the info high and accurate and the chit chat low.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 677 ✭✭✭RaverRo808

3quid (all day, everyday) for a pint of Beamish in The Glimmerman, Stoneybatter.

Grand auld spot the Glimmer man,pity Im a guniness man

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭deaddonkey

stout 3.30 in caulfield's hotel, dorest street, until 11.30pm sunday to thursday, and until 8pm fri/sat, 4 euros after that

shorts are 3.50 i think

Haven't been in yet, just noticed this walking past this morningbut at those prices i'll be there soon :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,407 ✭✭✭Quint

In the city centre, Messer Maguires is cheap if you buy their own stuff. I was there a couple of months ago, it was €4 a pint. It was nice, strangely enough I was the only one drinking it, everyone else was happy to pay €5.20 for a coors light!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Used to be a bit hairy and very scary however I'd a cracking night there a few months back. Looked like people having a lot of fun on a Friday night and there's a lot to be said for having fun.

They're gone to 'Purple Rain' (shief) in the village now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

Captain America's 3euro pints Monday to Wed. Perfect for college bums!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭df1985

redz,club21,citibar,purty kitchen etc all do student nights mon to thurs with drinks from 2euro to 3.50 depending on the night and where.some ask for student id, some dont care.expect loads of very messy students.

capitol on georges st.cocktails are 5 euro before 12 at the weekend.its always rammed as a result.loads of women!

Advertisement