Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Berbatov to whoever thread

• 01-09-2008 4:19pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭

Lets keep it all in here, discussions going on in two places, tempers beginning to flare :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,046 ✭✭✭eZe^

Barca's the obvious choice really... :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭herbieflowers

Haha, who woulda thunk it this time yesterday!

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭35notout

Accordign to Sky Sports Spurs have accepted City's bid for Berba!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

eZe^ wrote: »
    Barca's the obvious choice really... :D

If they made a bid I know I'd prefer it. Arshavin is not coming to Spurs according to Zenit so it's very possible that Ramos will keep him unless we find another striker.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Breaking news: Berbatov goes to Derby county! :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

Dave! wrote: »

better move than citeh tbh

Kold wrote: »
    If they made a bid I know I'd prefer it.

Are you Levvy by anychance? It turns out I'm Joan Laporta, I'll give you 20 million and a paella for him?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭shane86

Dave! wrote: »

meh, hes bound to pass through/fly over it on the way up :)

City have, realistically, about 4 hours to convince him he will be playing CL football next year. Cant see him going to them tbh.

Mind you Id be delighted to see them sneak one from under the reds nose,m but it is highly unlikely.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,677 ✭✭✭Chong

Berbatov Inks Deal With Kuruvchi
    Bulgaria stalwart Berbatov has signed on at Uzbekistan side Kuruvchi on a one-year deal, the club announced on Today.
    The former Leverkusen player announced on Greek radio on Wednesday he was leaving Premier League side TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR to sign for AFC Champions League quarter-finalists Kuruvchi.
    TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR confirmed Berbatov’s announcement, with a club spokesperson telling reporters that the Bulgarian was released from his contract – “following the payment of a 20 quid”.
    Kuruvchi will parade their new signing on September 2 and manager Mirdjalol Kasimov is already excited about seeing how the League Cup winner can contribute to the team.
    The club are currently in pole position in the Uzbek League, clinching 51 points after 19 games. Kuruvchi are also in the quarter-finals of the AFC Champions League.
    The Uzbek club made the headlines early August when they claimed to have signed Barcelona’s Samuel Eto’o. The deal however, was never finalised as the Cameroon international chose to remain at the club.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

citytransfer.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

shane86 wrote: »
    meh, hes bound to pass through/fly over it on the way up :)

City have, realistically, about 4 hours to convince him he will be playing CL football next year. Cant see him going to them tbh.

Mind you Id be delighted to see them sneak one from under the reds nose,m but it is highly unlikely.

I'd love it if he went to City. Just love it! Fergie will be spittin! And Utd will be stuck with tubby and scarface up front! They even sold sick note to Everton apparently letting him keep his wheelchair as part of the deal!

Are you Levvy by anychance? It turns out I'm Joan Laporta, I'll give you 20 million and a paella for him?

Paella? Is that kosher?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

sky sports news say that berba is in a car with fergie, headed towards carrington.

I think it'd be a great coup for City, and as a Utd fan, it'd be hilarious, undone on the last day by their biggest rivals!

monkey9 wrote: »
    And Utd will be stuck with tubby and scarface up front!

Bahahaha, little harsh no?

I'd love it if he went to City. Just love it! Fergie will be spittin! And Utd will be stuck with tubby and scarface up front! They even sold sick note to Everton apparently letting him keep his wheelchair as part of the deal!

Red top reader?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

No he had to hand over the wheelchair but was given a set of crutches signed by the whole squad!

Bahahaha, little harsh no?

Harsh, but fair.

Nah, i can't see him signing for City, but it's been hilarious today seeing the Utd fans worked up

Harsh, but fair.

Nah, i can't see him signing for City, but it's been hilarious today seeing the Utd fans worked up

do you honestly think utd fans care that much?

city would need to buy in 15-20 players to challenge never mind one..

really...we just did the double...we're fine...

how are you?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,008 ✭✭✭delija_sever029

Am i the only United fan who actually dont care about this Berbatov and would be happy to see we sign anyone else but him?

• Advertisement

ntlbell wrote: »

city would need to buy in 15-20 players to challenge never mind one..

really...we just did the double...we're fine...

how are you?
    Wait until Xavi see's that....going to be harsh words then!

Am i the only United fan who actually dont care about this Berbatov and would be happy to see we sign anyone else but him?

I wouldn't mind him coming but I won't lose any sleep over it..

better he go to city than a real club who might challenge us like chelsea...

No!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭ROCKMAN

SSN

Brebs at carrington speaking to SAF

• Registered Users Posts: 3,008 ✭✭✭delija_sever029

If we could sign Huntelaar or Benzema i would pay berbatov not to come:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭MIN2511

ntlbell wrote: »

Yes they do because once again it would mean they have lost out on a player due to their inneptitude to finalise a deal (See Ronaldinho and Essien)
    city would need to buy in 15-20 players to challenge never mind one...

I've seen it all now :rolleyes:

MIN2511 wrote: »
    Case Closed then!

/o/z

You got to admire him for the effort he puts in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

So Berbatov has both agreed personal terms but is also at Carrington :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Tom65

Okay...I'm sorry...but...WHAT THE F*CK!?

I went to college at 11am. Things were quiet. Rumours of a Man City take over. No real transfers.

Now it's 6 hours later. I just got home. Man City are incredibly rich, and bidding for Villa, Gomez and BERBATOV!? Finnan is gone to Espanyol?

Every striker is rumoured to be sitting in Fergie's office while Berbatov is at two places at once having signed for Man City.

What the hell?

Sorry again, but this is a lot to take in.

*deep breathes*

I think the Ronladinho one was more him not wanting to play in England, ie the weather

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Yes they do because once again it would mean they have lost out on a player due to their inneptitude to finalise a deal (See Ronaldinho and Essien)

I've seen it all now :rolleyes:

not at all, we "lost" out on him last year...

worked out very well...

next...

Tom65 wrote: »

I went to college at 11am. Things were quiet. Rumours of a Man City take over. No real transfers.

Now it's 6 hours later. I just got home. Man City are incredibly rich, and bidding for Villa, Gomez and BERBATOV!? Finnan is gone to Espanyol?

Haha, brilliant

Every striker is rumoured to be sitting in Fergie's office while Berbatov is at two places at once having signed for Man City.

What the hell?

*deep breathes*

Ha Ha, welcome to the Twilight Zone

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

Whats going on im dizzy

What the hell?

*deep breathes*

I know how you feel, I shoulda been in bed an hour ago :(

PHB wrote: »
    So Berbatov has both agreed personal terms but is also at Carrington :)

Well City train at Carrington too......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Fair enough :) I think SSN are saying out Carrington though, but who knows :)

Xavi do you think there is a chance of this happening? It seems to me like the most likely result will be Berbatov goes to United for a higher price, second most liekly is Berbatov stays at Spurs, and least likely is Spurs goes to City [which I think people don't realise, even if its bad for United, its pretty bad for Spurs too, since they are in direct competition with them.]

If either of the first two happens, its a bit of a wasted day from City surely.

just wondering, how can the Berbatov deal happen as quickly as City being taken over? I thought there would've been more of a process to the takeover. Everything seems so instantaneous.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Tom65

Xavi6 wrote: »
    I know how you feel, I shoulda been in bed an hour ago :(

It's just a lot to take in. It's only coming up on 6pm here (Stockholm), but I think I need to lie down too.

I came home starving, ready to make dinner. How can I leave my laptop now?

Come on United/Berbie - make it happen!

I mean, I would take David Villa over Berbatov. So why won't City!? WHY?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,492 ✭✭✭MementoMori

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/m/man_city/7592272.stm

Spurs agree deal with Man CIty according to tne Beeb

Audacious

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭Ruskie4Rent

Real Madrid in for 45 mil now, according to ssn................:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,662 ✭✭✭The Rooster

If both clubs have offers accepted, then he will speak to both clubs.

The question is how much extra would City have to offer him for him to turn down United (assuming United have in fact had an offer accepted) ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

sky sports news saying that real madrid preparing 45 million euro bid for berba..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,678 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

beat me to it Roar

Real Madrid preparing a £35.5m bid according to SSN.

This is getting silly :pac:

PHB wrote: »
    Fair enough :) I think SSN are saying out Carrington though, but who knows :)

Xavi do you think there is a chance of this happening? It seems to me like the most likely result will be Berbatov goes to United for a higher price, second most liekly is Berbatov stays at Spurs, and least likely is Spurs goes to City [which I think people don't realise, even if its bad for United, its pretty bad for Spurs too, since they are in direct competition with them.]

If either of the first two happens, its a bit of a wasted day from City surely.

Honestly? No I don't think we have much of a chance, probably 90/10 in your favour.

Money does talk though. Do United have the funds to go higher? If not then I can't see spiurs accepting a bid lower than ours as it's either sell him or let him rot til January where they may not get as good an offer.

If United can match what we've offered then he will go to them. If not.....well who knows?

Also, all our eggs aren't in one basket. I believe Hughes is working on two other players as well. No idea who though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭ROCKMAN

SSN Breaking news

Real Madrid senior insiders are saying

REAL about to offer 36.milion for berbs

My head just exploded

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

Real;Robinho out, Berba in, makes sense.......looking less and less likely he ends up at OT

• Advertisement
Advertisement