Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Berbatov to whoever thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭MIN2511

Kold wrote: »
    Real Madrid preparing a £35.5m bid according to SSN.

This is getting silly :pac:
    + 1

I have lost my patience at this stage

45million is ridiculous

note to self SSN tell LIES!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Tom65

Thinking about it: if Spurs haven't accepted a bid from Man Utd, and they have from City, they're under no obligation to accept a bid. In fact, they probably won't, considering they've got what they want from City (£30m). Balls.

Quick, Fergie! Sign someone else!

I remember reading an article about how, after missing out on Ronaldinho and Duff one summer because he left it too late, Man Utd resolved to sign everyone as soon as possible (I'm pretty sure Anderson, Nani and Hargreaves were all signed by the end of June). Clearly someone hasn't learned his lesson...

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Anyone else reckon Berbatov is not really all that good?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭herbieflowers

doesn't Robinho have to buy his contract out, though?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,678 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

united are still the favs imo

prem and cl champs

and biggest club in the word

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Hahahaha, We get loaded, Berbs f*cks off to Spain and Chelsea strengthen, leaving Utd saying "WTF!?"

Man am I glad I got up today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,860 ✭✭✭ditpoker

i do love playing championship manager and just banging up the price of your player and buying random "stars of the future"... seems Juande Ramos is the new Paul Jewell!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭herbieflowers

But there's no news of Spurs having accepted a bid from Man U, is there?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

If Madrid are involved, it'll get dodgy. Uniteds entire position has been based on the fact that we were the only club Berbatov wanted to go to who were interested. Berbatov is probably willing to go to them if he has to. That said, I can't see Real Madrid offering 35 million, its not a good deal for them. Seems like SSN bull****. Then again, it is Real.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

He's class but not 45 million class I don't think. United need him so badly though imo it'd almost be worth it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭ibh

Shuuuush!!! This is funny...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

MIN2511 wrote: »
    + 1

I have lost my patience at this stage

45million is ridiculous

note to self SSN tell LIES!

Eh 45 million euros is in around 30 million sterling so it's pretty much the same fee.

But there's no news of Spurs having accepted a bid from Man U, is there?

they have to had accepted an offer or else berba wouldn't be allowed to talk to Sir Alex ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭ibh

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Eh 45 million euros is in around 30 million sterling so it's pretty much the same fee.

Not to be pedantic but it's more like £37m = €45m.

Prob lazy journo using conversion from last year...

they have to had accepted an offer or else berba wouldn't be allowed to talk to Sir Alex ?

Exactly, so he's clearly at Carrington to talk to us!

• Advertisement

Berbatov to Madrid is from Marca therefore bull****.

In terms of him being at Carrington,
    for Fergie to talk be talking to him and not be tapping him up, Spurs have accepted a bid from United or given permission?

The City bid accepted was announced by City not Spurs right?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭Sizzler

So Berbatov didnt want to speak to Sparky, didnt see that coming :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

ibh wrote: »
    Prob lazy journo using conversion from last year...

Based in Oz:rolleyes:

PHB wrote: »
    Berbatov to Madrid is from Marca therefore bull****.

+1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,608 ✭✭✭Spud83

The City bid accepted was announced by City not Spurs right?

By Mark Hughes so yeah.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,860 ✭✭✭ditpoker

odds on berbatov being at spurs tomorrow??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I'm shocked to learn Berbatov could be on his way to City. I'd be gutted if that were true but anything over £30m is too much for him in my opinion.

Hope United can get him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,245 ✭✭✭✭Fanny Cradock

Clubs are whipping themselves into a frenzy over this guy. Yes, he's good, but not £30 million good. Spurs must be delighted.

thats funney ****

i cant see berba going there
    he'd be mad

no cl

not top 4 team

madness

just listening to sky sports news

sir alex picked up berba from manchester aerport and personally drove him to carrington

taxi for berba

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

City bought Carrington? Nice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

This thread will probably look very funny in the morning (or at a second past midnight)

Mike

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

If United don't get Berbatov, they'll be wondering why they didn't tie up the deal a month ago, in what was essentially a one horse race...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

zAbbo wrote: »
    If United don't get Berbatov, they'll be wondering why they didn't tie up the deal a month ago, in what was essentially a one horse race...

Because they're not going to pay more than they consider he's worth?

it's not rocket science..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭ROCKMAN

SSN
    SAF picks berbs up at airport and drive him himself to carrington and gives him a personnal tour while Hughes plays golf could be the differance,

Man utd have not made a Bid, But got premission to speak to the player

mike65 wrote: »
    This thread will probably look very funny in the morning (or at a second past midnight)

Mike

Its funny now :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Hughes better be shooting a 67 if that's the case.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_4082436,00.html

Fergie in talks. It's possible we could have a side issue of money for Berbatov, since City no doubt offered him 150k :) That would be hilarious, however I can imagine talks will be very very very quick as no doubt the agent worked out with United the deal ages ago.

Probably got lost on the way and asked City's car park attendant how to get to Utd's place ;)

ROCKMAN wrote: »
    Man utd have not made a Bid, But got premission to speak to the player

Who says?

It's great just to be involved in a bidding war with United and now Madrid. Beats signing Jon Macken for £5 million!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

the funniest thing with this will be if someone pays 35m-37m pounds for Berbatov!

that really is an insane price

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Jigsaw

bohsman wrote: »
    City bought Carrington? Nice.

City also train at Carrington.

Anyone who places any value whatsoever on the rolling news update cr@p that is churned out by SSN is sadly misguided.

As a Spurs fan, this is a great situation. We are going to absolutely coin it. I would love it if City snatch Berba from under Utd's nose. The longer this saga continues the more credence it gets. It will be impossible to wipe the smile off my face if City get in there. Would give us serious cash to work with in January.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_4082436,00.html

Fergie in talks. It's possible we could have a side issue of money for Berbatov, since City no doubt offered him 150k :) That would be hilarious, however I can imagine talks will be very very very quick as no doubt the agent worked out with United the deal ages ago.

Probably asking Fergie for a light as we speak lol :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

Who says?

Sky Sports News - they qualified it by saying Fergie just simply wouldnt be picking him up from the airport and driving him to Carrington without permission, makes sense.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Tom65

If Berbie (I like that name - it'll stick) signs for Man Utd, how often will it be linking to when we signed Roy Keane (Fergie intervening in the last minute and personally persuading the player)?

This is stressful.

Jigsaw wrote: »
    City also train at Carrington.

Anyone who places any value whatsoever on the rolling news update cr@p that is churned out by SSN is sadly misguided.

As a Spurs fan, this is a great situation. We are going to absolutely coin it. I would love it if City snatch Berba from under Utd's nose. The longer this saga continues the more credence it gets. It will be impossible to wipe the smile off my face if City get in there. Would give us serious cash to work with in January.

But as a spurs fan wouldn't you consider City greater rivals in terms of league position? (obviously not based on the first three games)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 517 ✭✭✭lisbon_lions

Shocking story, absolutely shocking.

If this heist comes off for City, it will be up there with Louis Winthorpe III and Billy Ray Valentines swoop on the Orange crop market back in 83 and Utd will be left like the Duke Bros - high and dry.

Classic Stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

bohsman wrote: »
    Sky Sports News - they qualified it by saying Fergie just simply wouldnt be picking him up from the airport and driving him to Carrington without permission, makes sense.

Indeed. Apparently the same thing happened with Rooney..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

But as a spurs fan wouldn't you consider City greater rivals in terms of league position? (obviously not based on the first three games)

no as city will be top 4 this year LOL;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭ROCKMAN

SSN

lastest berbs not enough City making bids on Villa and Gomuz

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Clubs are whipping themselves into a frenzy over this guy. Yes, he's good, but not £30 million good. Spurs must be delighted.

I would have rather had Berbs with Spurs for another 2 years than less than 28million. His behaviour has convinced me otherwise but he is a quality player.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,492 ✭✭✭MementoMori

From the BBC
    1713: Fact time: Manchester United have been speaking to Dimitar Berbatov. Classic United, this. They'll agree terms, get him to sign a medical and then force Spurs to accept a lower bid for him as the clock ticks towards midnight. Allegedly.

Wonder what Fergie could possible say to Berbatov. Don't sign for City until 11.59 we are trying to get the cash sorted???? :confused:

I think the last thing Berbatov wants is to have to show up at Spurs tomorrow except to clean out his locker.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,945 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

I wonder why Man U cant spend their 30 odd million on a player worth 30 million?
    Not another sheringham with bad english?
    I mean seriously.
    Thats a ridiculous amount of cash.
    And what's with Campbell? Is he part of the deal now?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

^ I like our style. It did cost us Robben though.

• Advertisement
Advertisement