Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Berbatov to whoever thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

ROCKMAN wrote: »
    SSN

lastest berbs not enough City making bids on Villa and Gomuz

Lol and they've just mentioned Robinho! Ha ha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,815 ✭✭✭Charlie

Am I he only one who thinks Berbs to Chelsea make sense, really surprised they haven't stuck their oar in on this one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

I wonder why Man U cant spend their 30 odd million on a player worth 30 million?
    Not another sheringham with bad english?
    I mean seriously.
    Thats a ridiculous amount of cash.
    And what's with Campbell? Is he part of the deal now?

because they don't consider him to be worth 30 million?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Tom65

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Lol and they've just mentioned Robinho! Ha ha

Be honest - is this the best of your life?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Jigsaw

But as a spurs fan wouldn't you consider City greater rivals in terms of league position? (obviously not based on the first three games)

I see the point you're making but I don't think the purchase of Berbatov by City (or indeed any one single player) would elevate Man City to a higher plateau. That takes time.

I just don't like the arrogance of big clubs and would love to see the look on Fergie's face if City outbid them. It would be epic!! What a story it would be!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

ROCKMAN wrote: »
    SSN

lastest berbs not enough City making bids on Villa and Gomuz

??? what does this mean? and who is Gomuz

Tom65 wrote: »
    Be honest - is this the best of your life?

Without a doubt. And unfortunately I wasted all my best swimmers when SWP signed the other day :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭herbieflowers

Mario Gomez, German striker, plays for Stuttgart.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,945 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

ntlbell wrote: »
    because they don't consider him to be worth 30 million?

Oh yeah.
    :o
    durrrr.
    Well I guess we shall see tomorrow what they thought he was worth.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

well if Spurs consider him worth that maybe Utd should have ****ed off after other cheaper targets a long time ago?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,999 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

You guys are all underestimating Mark Hughes. Berbatov to City is most likely at this stage imo unless its a smoke screen for some much bigger signing like Robinho or Kaka or someone;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

Mr Alan wrote: »
    well if Spurs consider him worth that maybe Utd should have ****ed off after other cheaper targets a long time ago?

Now thats funny.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

Mario Gomez, German striker, plays for Stuttgart.

ahh gomEz.... sure he's rubbish...

Why? berbatov is Fergies main target, its called negotiations Al. Come on now. Every club holds out. Maybe Benited should have ****ed off (as u so colourfully put it!! :pac:) after someone else instead of Barry all summer no? Pot kettle yellow!! :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,245 ✭✭✭✭Fanny Cradock

Though they may be multi-million pound business, it clear that football clubs are prone to the same type of media fuelled hysteria that readers of NOW often experience when it's revealed that Britney Spears has a new hair cut or Angela Jolie is up the duff. If clubs are silly enough to pay that type of money for him (and I'm in no way implying his is anything but a very talented player) then who can stop 'em. It certainly wont be the Tottenham accountants.

Without a doubt. And unfortunately I wasted all my best swimmers when SWP signed the other day :pac:

Haha. I can imagine how non-Man Utd fans feel about Berbie going to Man City, because I think I feel the same about Robinho going there.

eagle eye wrote: »
    You guys are all underestimating Mark Hughes. Berbatov to City is most likely at this stage imo.

Whys that? If u were given the choice between the team whose last game of last season was to win the CL the week after winniong the league or to join a club who lost 8-1 to Boro......Seriously though. C'mon get real. if its down to berbas personal choice, and purely that, then he's going to United, simple as that. Now the thing is money may talk, we'll have to see.

why when they can get the target for the price they have valued him at?

he's not raffa..he's Sir Alex Ferguson....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭The Sparrow

From F365

"City's bid is thought to be in the region of £37m, with Spanish reports now suggesting that Real Madrid are ready to match that figure in a move that would further muddy the waters betwehn them and United."

£37m:eek::eek::eek:

Although they also say that Fergie picked Berbatov up from the airport as others mentioned and that he is in talks with Ferguson now.

Still though... what a MAD day

• Advertisement

Jigsaw wrote: »
    I see the point you're making but I don't think the purchase of Berbatov by City (or indeed any one single player) would elevate Man City to a higher plateau. That takes time.

I just don't like the arrogance of big clubs and would love to see the look on Fergie's face if City outbid them. It would be epic!! What a story it would be!!
    I think City have made a lot of impressive signings in the last couple of days. Wright Phillips, Kompany and Berbatov are all capable of playing at the highest level. Three players of that calibre make a huge difference to a team. And the most important thing is the Manager and I think they have one of the best managers in the league. I am a Blackburn fan by the way and honestly you will see how much Mark Hughes was worth to us this season, I think we will be fighting to stay up as opposed to being a top ten team for the last few seasons.

Reminds me of Chelsea when Abramovich first came. They were throwing ridiculous sums of money at any player available. Now they do that in contracts.

Why? berbatov is Fergies main target, its called negotiations Al. Come on now. Every club holds out. Maybe Benited should have ****ed off (as u so colourfully put it!! :pac:) after someone else instead of Barry all summer no? Pot kettle yellow!! :P

We're about to sign Albert Riera in response to not getting Barry, thats a deal that wasnt going to happen i'd imagine unless we didnt sign barry, also Barry was gonna be a replacement for Alonso, we're keeping Alonso.

But you're right if Rafa had have sold Alonso without having a deal for Barry sewn up it would have been ridiculous.

Utd have sold Saha. If they arent/werent ever willing to meet spurs asking price, they definately should have had a plan B is all i am saying.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,678 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

You guys are all underestimating Mark Hughes. Berbatov to City is most likely at this stage imo.

are city a top 4 team

ah no

any champion league

ah no

whats the history like

ah no

what about the stadium

ah no

stable mangers

ah no

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Madrid rumour is marca sourced so I assume it doesn't exist.
    Utd have sold Saha. If they arent/werent ever willing to meet spurs asking price, they definately should have had a plan B is all i am saying.

Uniteds actions will be judged at the end of the day. If it works out, then it was well judged about Spurs negotiating position. If not, then it wasn't. Personally I believe in waiting to get the right players rahter than any player.

---

If Spurs haven't accepted a bid, but are allowing United permission to talk, its a bad move. United will agree personal terms, hold a medical, tell Berbatov to wait, get it all sorted, and then wait for the clock to tick down until Spurs get nervous and it'll be fine.

berbatovredbluepop.jpg

:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭herbieflowers

PHB wrote: »
    Madrid rumour is marca sourced so I assume it doesn't exist.

If Spurs haven't accepted a bid, but are allowing United permission to talk, its a bad move. United will agree personal terms, hold a medical, tell Berbatov to wait, get it all sorted, and then wait for the clock to tick down until Spurs get nervous and it'll be fine.

seems the likeliest of scenarios imo

ntlbell wrote: »

that remains to be seen though doesnt it.

are city a top 4 team

ah no

any champion league

ah no

whats the history like

ah no

what about the stadium

ah no

stable mangers

ah no

Lol only the first two would have any bearing on the decisions.

You're forgetting one thing.......

Heaps of cash

Ah yes

It's ok though, I know you're just worried.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,407 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Maybe things went and will go something like this:

- As of this morning an impasse still exists between Utd and Spurs on a fee;
    - City see deal hasn't been done and make a bid that they know will exceed anything Utd are willing to spend;
    - Spurs instantly accept the circa £35m offer and inform Berba's agent or representative that he has permission to speak to City;
    - Berba and his advisers jump at the chance to get the man to Manchester as it will make geographical sense in terms of completing a deal with Utd;
    - They intend to listen to what City have to say but are expecting to turn them down and inform Spurs that it is "Utd or nothing";
    - Utd eventually up the bid to £28.5m with a couple of million in potential fees and a deal is completed late tonight;

I still say he's going to be a Utd player - and that the only thing City's interest will do is force Utd to cough up much more in terms of fee and wages than they originally resolved to.

In any case, Spurs originally signed the player for £10m; have got a great couple of years from him; and are now about to bank £15m+ in profit for a player that doesn't want to be there.

They are the real winners here no matter what happens.

We're about to sign Albert Riera in response to not getting Barry, thats a deal that wasnt going to happen i'd imagine unless we didnt sign barry, also Barry was gonna be a replacement for Alonso, we're keeping Alonso.

But you're right if Rafa had have sold Alonso without having a deal for Barry sewn up it would have been ridiculous.

Considering we never really had a fit saha what difference does it make?

they have a plan B Rooney Ronaldo and Tevez it's a plan B I'm happy with.

• Advertisement

Lol only the first two would have any bearing on the decisions.

You're forgetting one thing.......

Heaps of cash

Ah yes

berba has said in the past, actually no his agent

he wants to win medals and he's 27 so city wont be getting CL this season or the next season after that

it takes along time to get into the CL

not all about cash

are city a top 4 team

ah no

any champion league

ah no

whats the history like

ah no

what about the stadium

ah no

stable mangers

ah no
    Have they now got a respected Manager?

Yes Yes Yes

Have they now got big money?

Yes Yes Yes

With recent signings, recent performances on the pitch and new owners are they now an attractive club for big players?

Yes Yes Yes

BBC say Real Madrid have put in an offer (yet).

Have they now got a respected Manager?

Yes Yes Yes

Have they now got big money?

Yes Yes Yes

With recent signings, recent performances on the pitch and new owners are they now an attractive club for big players?

Yes Yes Yes

What has Mark huges done as a manager?

What does berb's want?

wake up son...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 749 ✭✭✭niallk

Quote:
    Originally Posted by ntlbell View Post

that remains to be seen though doesnt it.

Contrarily, I think it hs been medically proved that Sir Alex Ferguson is indeed not raffa.

1735: Breaking news: BBC Sport can confirm that Real Madrid have not put in an offer for Dimitar Berbatov.

One down, one to go!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

BBC report Real have not made an offer.

Mike

SSN - BRIAN SWANSON SAYING THAT DANIEL LEVY HASN'T GIVEN UNITED PERSMISSION TO SPEAK TO BERBATOV

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Man Utd fans find it hard to believe that Man City could finish top4 next year, with 300 million investment in an already pretty strong squad, I don't find it that hard to believe at all.

1735: Breaking news: BBC Sport can confirm that Real Madrid have not put in an offer for Dimitar Berbatov.

One down, one to go!

Has there been any confirmation he's agreed terms with City? I know they've had a bid accepted. It'd be a strange scenario if he had agreed terms with Man Utd, but agreed a fee with City. We could share him? :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I suppose if the Berbatov deal doesn't go through there's the option of Kevin Doyle. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Kold wrote: »
    Man Utd fans find it hard to believe that Man City could finish top4 next year, with 300 million investment in an already pretty strong squad, I don't find it that hard to believe at all.

Right now with their squad, they are in 3rd place outside of the top 4 imo, after Villa and Portsmouth. 300 million investment this summer owuld have been grreat, but I can't see Hughes getting a team together and also getting to to gel that quickly, and the back of their team is still dodgy. I'd be shocked to see anyone break into the top 4 this year, let alone City. Next year however I think Villa and Spurs have a good shot if they keep progressing.

Has there been any confirmation he's agreed terms with City? I know they've had a bid accepted. It'd be a strange scenario if he had agreed terms with Man Utd, but agreed a fee with City. We could share him? :p

Throwing in the towel are we?!

Throwing in the towel are we?!

Funny you should say that. I have my iPod on shuffle at the moment - out of 40gigs of music, what song just came on? You Can't Always Get What You Want by the Rolling Stones.

"You can't always get what you want...but if you try some time...you just might find...you get what you need..."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭Bobalicious93

I find it hard to believe that Ferguson would personally pick Berbatov up from the airport and drive him to Carrington without permission to speak to him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

I find it hard to believe that Ferguson would personally pick Berbatov up from the airport and drive him to Carrington without permission to speak to him

Some neck alright... Assuming it is true...

If we kidnap Berbatov and refuse to give him back then we can buy him for even cheaper!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭Bobalicious93

EDIT: Nevermind

Funny you should say that. I have my iPod on shuffle at the moment - out of 40gigs of music, what song just came on? You Can't Always Get What You Want by the Rolling Stones.

"You can't always get what you want...but if you try some time...you just might find...you get what you need..."

lol :D

• Advertisement

Right I've had enough, I'm off to bed.

It's in the lap of the Gods now.

Advertisement