Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Berbatov to whoever thread

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,220 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I find it hard to believe that Ferguson would personally pick Berbatov up from the airport and drive him to Carrington without permission to speak to him
    This is Ferguson we are talking about...the rules dont apply to him :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,999 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

ntlbell wrote: »
    What has Mark huges done as a manager?

What does berb's want?

wake up son...
    In three full seasons at Blackburn we finished 6th, 10th and 7th in the PL, we made it to two FA cup semi-finals where we were beaten by top four sides(Arsenal and Chelsea) on both occasions. We did a league home and away double over United, and provided the only player ever to score a PL hat-trick against United. Almost every player he bought has/had a higher valuation that when he bought them. The two biggest sales in his time hve been Bellamy bought for 3.5 sold for 6m. Bentley bought for 1.5 and sold for 17m.

He has often been touted as the most likely successor to Ferguson. What else do you want from a manager who has has no money in comparison to the teams around him in the PL?
    Most of his deals are not heard of until they are finalised.
    Does that suit you 'Son'?

Right, im turnin off the TV/radio/internet now. Im comin back on at 11 o clock.

Kaka will have signed for Swindon town.

Torres will buy out his contract and move to Real Madrid

Gary Neville will do the same and move to Liverpool.

Predictable evening ahead tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,407 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

eagle eye wrote: »
    In three full seasons at Blackburn we finished 6th, 10th and 7th in the PL, we made it to two FA cup semi-finals where we were beaten by top four sides(Arsenal and Chelsea) on both occasions. We did a league home and away double over United, and provided the only player ever to score a PL hat-trick against United. Almost every player he bought has/had a higher valuation that when he bought them. The two biggest sales in his time hve been Bellamy bought for 3.5 sold for 6m. Bentley bought for 1.5 and sold for 17m.

He has often been touted as the most likely successor to Ferguson. What else do you want from a manager who has has no money in comparison to the teams around him in the PL?
    Most of his deals are not heard of until they are finalised.
    Does that suit you Son?

NTL, as much as I like your posts - that's pure ownage right there!!

Eagle Eye obv doesn't realise how much of an old man you are though!! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Having a medical for United it seems. Far from a done deal yet though, the fee may not yet have been agreed. Looking good though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,046 ✭✭✭eZe^

Do EPL players have buy out clauses?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,677 ✭✭✭Chong

PHB wrote: »
    Having a medical for United it seems. Far from a done deal yet though, the fee may not yet have been agreed. Looking good though.
    I hate to be saying linkage again, but they also saying it on the Red caf, but with no links there either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

woooo232 wrote: »

Although they also say that Fergie picked Berbatov up from the airport as others mentioned and that he is in talks with Ferguson now.

Still though... what a MAD day

SSN are contradicting themselves all over the place.

One minute they are cinfirmign that Fergie picked up Berbatov in person at the airport, givign him a tour around and leaving at 5:30 with Berbatov leaving 20 mins later.

10 mins later they are saying that Spurs hve NOT given Utd permision to talk to Berbatov (surely the most open and shut tapping up case in history?)

Then they are back to just showign clips of him in a car and beign vague about where he is in Manchester.

Now he's apparently having a medical at Utd.

eZe^ wrote: »
    Do EPL players have buy out clauses?
    Nearly 100% no on that front.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,678 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

PHB wrote: »

will fergie get in trouble

levy has said he hasnt given utd permission to talk to berba

so am i missing somthing

fergie is forcing spurs to except his offer

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 605 ✭✭✭ghouldaddy07

pure madness fall asleep only to wake up and find city have new owners and they want berbatov.

cant beleave how quickly a club can get taken over and begin making bids

so am i missing somthing

This is the thing, we dont know whehter or not LEvy has given permission we just all go on what SSn say, its all smoke and mirrors!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭Skud

look levy is not reported anywhere else. i strongly believe they just trying to get you to stay tuned. Your man in spain came out and said madrid bid for berb is bull and so is city bid for villa, yet sky still reporting the city bid at least. fergie wouldnt be so stupid as to talk to player without permission of club after all the reporting crap spurs did. He undergoing a medical at carrington and now in a manchester hospital... err im getting confused. Facts are he at utd, met fergie, was seen doing it. Chances are he gonna be a utd player unless spurs dig their heals in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 759 ✭✭✭gixerfixer

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    NTL, as much as I like your posts - that's pure ownage right there!!

Eagle Eye obv doesn't realise how much of an old man you are though!! :pac:

What is ownage?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Jigsaw

gixerfixer wrote: »
    What is ownage?

In that particular context, NTL made a comment and the other poster then responded with lots of salient points shooting down NTL's point.

Therefore he was owned, and it is an example of ownage.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=ownage

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,839 ✭✭✭Hobart

so am i missing somthing

I thought the same, but I doubt Fergie would be so silly as to allow a player to have a medical, without seeking permission. It's obvious that Man City were trying to put a spanner in the works, and if the reports are true of Berba having a medical, well then it's all but a done deal, unless Fergie has lost the plaot and is ploughing ahead regardless.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 584 ✭✭✭hallelujah

According to RTE.ie, Utd have completed the signing of Dimitar Boban for a fee in the region of €300m.

Jigsaw wrote: »
    In that particular context, NTL made a comment and the other poster then responded with lots of salient points shooting down NTL's point.

Therefore he was owned, and it is an example of ownage.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=ownage

Oh right..never heard that word before. jesus im showing my age now:o

How boring would it be if after all the exciting rumours United actually ended up with Berbatov. I kind of want him to end up in Uzebekistan or something.

Setanta now reporting that Man City are prepering to announce a major signing in the next few hours.

• Advertisement

hallelujah wrote: »
    According to RTE.ie, Utd have completed the signing of Dimitar Boban for a fee in the region of €300m.

That's some fee, I don't think even City, with their new found wealth could compete with that!!

Uzbekistan :D, Id prefer if he went to Kazakstan.

Does Berbatov need the best potassium in the world then? If so fair enough, and as the song goes 'all other countries are just like little girls'..

Hobart wrote: »
    That's some fee, I don't think even City, with their new found wealth could compete with that!!

I didnt even know city were in for Boban. Probably dodged a bullet. So Utd spend €300m on this Boban guy, now city can pick up berbatov for £37m. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Spurs accepted bid from city, no accept one from United yet. I guess Spurs will tell you united to stump up the cash city will offer otherwsie get the boat.

Breaking news on sky.....Man City make 70m pound offer for Kaka.

They then bring in Rafa benitez as manager and he plays him at left wing back:D

gixerfixer wrote: »
    Breaking news on sky.....Man City make 70m pound offer for Kaka.

They then bring in Rafa benitez as manager and he plays him at left wing back:D
    Lame tbh, Humour forum is over there somewhere => :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,407 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

ticktickticktick...

Well, I'm about to watch "There Will Be Blood". It's 2hrs and 40 mins long apparently. Hopefully by then something will be finalized.

I think it's safe to say Berbatov is going to Utd. Theres too much going on around OT and too little around the vity of manchester stadium for it to be going any other way.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 749 ✭✭✭niallk

ticktickticktick...

Well, I'm about to watch "There Will Be Blood". It's 2hrs and 40 mins long apparently. Hopefully by then something will be finalized.
    Film of the year in my book. The cause of countless nights of quoting/annoying my friends... Hey! If you have a milkshake, and I have a milkshake. And I have a straw(holds up finger), there it is, that's a straw you see. And my straw... REACHES...
    acccrrrroooooooossssss the room and starts to drink your milkshake:
    I DRINK YOUR MILKSHAKE. SSSLLLLLUUUUUURRRRRPPPPP
    I DRINK IT UP!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,635 ✭✭✭tribulus

My F5 button is getting tired at this stage, more signings please!

ticktickticktick...

Well, I'm about to watch "There Will Be Blood".

He gets the girl...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Sky sports reported berbetov is at old trafford having a medical despite not having permission from Spurs. Wow, after united/fergie did his tits over Real pursuit of ronaldo this is pretty comical.

Although hardly suprising, Fergie/United do have a long history of tapping up players so it's hardly suprising.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,446 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

United have NOT tapped Berbatov up.

We have abducted him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Sky sports reported berbetov is at old trafford having a medical despite not having permission from Spurs. Wow, after united/fergie did his tits over Real pursuit of ronaldo this is pretty comical.

Although hardly suprising, Fergie/United do have a long history of tapping up players so it's hardly suprising.
    He's at a south Manchester hospital...not OT!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,716 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

As much fun as this has been today, and it was quite funny at times. There is only one club Berbatov is signing for.

No disrespect to City, but he is joining the best club in the world, a club that will make him very rich not just financially but football wise at the level they play at and the way they play the game.

Nice try SSN thou. ;)

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Maybe Fergie didn't talk to him all the way from the airport, just stared.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Smegball

Tauren wrote: »
    United have NOT tapped Berbatov up.

We have abducted him.

Hahahahahaha:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 303 ✭✭pesireland

its amazing whats happening with this deal, Sky sport report that spurs have not given permission to utd to speak with berbatov yet he is in a manchester hospital having a medical for utd lol.

Fergie has some neck you gotta hand it to him. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,999 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Boggles wrote: »
    As much fun as this has been today, and it was quite funny at times. There is only one club Berbatov is signing for.

No disrespect to City, but he is joining the best club in the world, a club that will make him very rich not just financially but football wise at the level they play at and the way they play the game.

Nice try SSN thou. ;)
    I didn't know that the World Champions AC Milan had made a bid for him, although they are rich enough.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,608 ✭✭✭Spud83

pesireland wrote: »
    its amazing whats happening with this deal, Sky sport report that spurs have not given permission to utd to speak with berbatov yet he is in a manchester hospital having a medical for utd lol.

Fergie has some neck you gotta hand it to him. :D

There is no way I can see United conducting a medical without the permission of the selling club.

SSN keep reporting that Spurs haven't given permission but I have yet to hear them give a source for this.

The other side is that he is at a Manchester hospital undertaking the medical. Who is to say its not City conducting the medical.

Its all rumors tbh, but its still keeping me glued to the net/tv. SSN have done a great job getting viewers today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,872 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

tribulus wrote: »
    My F5 button is getting tired at this stage, more signings please!

Reload Every FTW :D

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/115

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 107 ✭✭jeffred

2023: "There are deals we're chasing and bids we've put in, I don't know how many will come to a successful resolution. It's always difficult on the last day of the window. As for Berbatov, I'd like the chance to speak to him, but I haven't been afforded that opportunity yet. We're in there trying, though."
    Man City manager Mark Hughes on BBC Radio 5 Live

From the BBC website

Maybe Fergie didn't talk to him all the way from the airport, just stared.

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 749 ✭✭✭niallk

hallelujah wrote: »
    He gets the girl...
    There are no women in There Will Be Blood. It's a man's film. It's not for girls.
    Just to keep this post in context: Berbatov is beautiful, with sly eyes like demon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

niallk wrote: »
    There are no women in There Will Be Blood. It's a man's film. It's not for girls.

Yep, like a Yorkie bar! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

Headspin wrote: »
    Yep, like a Yorkie bar! :)
    Get some nuts!..........................oh wait :o

• Registered Users Posts: 3,008 ✭✭✭delija_sever029

It would be funny if at the end Berbatov stay in Tottenham:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 303 ✭✭pesireland

dont think the fans would want him back now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,492 ✭✭✭MementoMori

If Utd did actually carry out a medical without Berbatov's permission, I'd imagine the FA would come down on them like a ton of bricks? i.e. maybe a ten point deduction and a million pound fine? Does anyone know of any previous examples?

• Advertisement
Advertisement