Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Berbatov to whoever thread

Comments

Mr Alan wrote: »
    discussing terms, giving the player a medical and meeting in full glare of the worlds media at Old Trafford is a ****ing disgrace Neil IF they don't have Spurs permission this by far the most arrogant glaring example of "tapping up" in the history of PL football. I would expect a huge points deduction, a million or two fine wouldnt even nearly cut it.

Bull****. Soorry, I agree, IF they dont have Spurs permission then it is a disgrace and they should be fined but no way they should be docked points. I know its hard when people are so vehemently anti Man United but Im sorry, Ziege, Cole, Heinze, Robbie Keane, Barry etc etc. Im not saying its right but u absolutely cannot dock points just because its man united.

Mr. X wrote: »
    He is in old trafford , Sky have shown him.

At the end of they day the bid was probably accepted in Monaco this weekend, Spurs have made no offical statement on yes or no about the bid being accepted, its all gossip and rumour about Berba all day. As for city they are just creating unecessary hype about nothing, they wont even sign Robinho bunch fools.

I doubt it was agreed in Monaco seeing as Spurs said earlier that they had not given permission but my suspicion is that they agreed a deal at some stage this afternoon/evening.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

Even if a fee is yet to be agreed upon is it not possible that Spurs gave Berbatov permission to get the medical out of the way and his signature depends on whether a fee is agreed upon before 12. Sounds more plausible than the tapping up viewpoint imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭m@cc@

Sqaull20 wrote: »
    How will he do at Man U?

Hasnt exactly been World class at Spurs.27 goals in 70 games isnt £30m stuff imo.

He's been coveted by the major clubs in Europe for his assists as much as his goals. If you know anything about football, you will know that he is quality even if he is a moody c***.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

Bull****. Soorry, I agree, IF they dont have Spurs permission then it is a disgrace and they should be fined but no way they should be docked points. I know its hard when people are so vehemently anti Man United but Im sorry, Ziege, Cole, Heinze, Robbie Keane, Barry etc etc. Im not saying its right but u absolutely cannot dock points just because its man united.

as i said, those things arent even nearly on the same planet as what Utd have done in this instance if the accusations are true.

not to mention most of the examples you've quoted are just allegations with nothing to back up the accusations.

if Utd were docked points, that would be about relative to the cole affair as their actions are a thousand times worse than Chelseas.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,678 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

up the fergie boy

the man knows how to do business

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

What? This is so much more worse than Ashley Cole. Fergie's agreed personal terms, had a medical with Berbatov as well. If this was true, it defo merits points deductions.

as i said, those things arent even nearly on the same planet as what Utd have done in this instance if the accusations are true.

not to mention most of the examples you've quoted are just allegations with nothing to back up the accusations.

if Utd were docked points, that would be about relative to the cole affair as their actions are a thousand times worse than Chelseas.

Al, in all fairness, you dont know that United DONT have permission to speak to him.

Spurs may have allowed all this to go on conditional of a fee being agreed. They may have agreeed the fee earlier. This is all guesswork and since United took their sweet time signing Tevez last year and turned down the Tevez + Masch deal the year before because as Fergie said it looked dodgy, Im gonna assume for now all is above board. Until I see Levy saying otherwise....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Draupnir

Seriously Alan, do you genuinely think United don't have Spurs permission? Tapping up a player is something which is generally done behind the scenes so as not to arouse suspicion since it is illegal, United are parading Berbatov past huge windows in front of the media and making no secret of this.

Use the head lad!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Of course you can dock points. If you honestly dont think there's a difference between a club meeting with player in a hotel and a club doing a full medical on a player without there permission while potentially keeping him away from who clubs who do have permission to talk to him is the same then that's some might fine crack your smoking.

Al, in all fairness, you dont know that United DONT have permission to speak to him.

as i said, anything i am saying, is on the basis that they havent been given permission.

according to the SSN journalist at WHL Levy told them they havent, now, thats not concrete, but its enough to merit conversation on the matter.

as i said, anything i am saying, is on the basis that they havent been given permission.

according to the SSN journalist at WHL Levy told them they havent, now, thats not concrete, but its enough to merit conversation on the matter.

Ok, but u see u want this to be the case so badly that you're not prepared to wait and see. Id be astonished if they dont have permission.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Its good as done, Berba is still at Old Trafford with David Gill

Pics just in showing Berb apparently signing a contract. Spurs have to release his registration and United arent fools, they wouldnt have done all this if they knew Spurs were not gonna release the registration.

Maybe Levy hasnt said that permission had been given because he;s too busyt rushing this deal through............... I know thats a long shot and all. :rolleyes:

Also, LOL at everyone who came here today to have a giggle at our expense!! :P

FERGIE IS THE GOAT!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 759 ✭✭✭gixerfixer

Draupnir wrote: »
    Seriously Alan, do you genuinely think United don't have Spurs permission? Tapping up a player is something which is generally done behind the scenes so as not to arouse suspicion since it is illegal, United are parading Berbatov past huge windows in front of the media and making no secret of this.

Use the head lad!

Well as of now Spurs are saying Utd have no permission to talk to Berba so the point remains that if true ferguson has crossed a line which would merit points deduction at the very least. Find it hard to believe even with a track record of blatant tapping up ferguson would be that stupid.

From the BBC:

Breaking news which might not be true but is still awesome: Dimitar Berbatov is on his way to Manchester United. Apparently, I've heard from a source (oh come on), United have now matched Man City's bid, throwing in Frazier Campbell as part of the deal. Now that, true or not, is breaking news.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,677 ✭✭✭Chong

gixerfixer wrote: »
    Well as of now Spurs are saying Utd have no permission to talk to Berba so the point remains that if true ferguson has crossed a line which would merit points deduction at the very least. Find it hard to believe even with a track record of blatant tapping up ferguson would be that stupid.
    And where does it state this, where does it state Spurs came out and said this??????

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,044 ✭✭✭Sqaull20

How can you feel sorry for Spurs?

After the way they got Ramos :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,521 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

m@cc@ wrote: »
    From the BBC:

If it's true at least they got a fair deal for him.

EDIT: Man City size bid and Campbell

Actually as of now Spurs are saying nothing. They said hours ago that they hadnt given permission to Berbatov. A lot has happened since then and Spurs havent commented. They are probably waiting on united to announce it and even liklier chasing their own replacement, the media would be a distant second priority tbh. Their silence to me says that theyre too busy brokering the deal tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Pics just in showing Berb apparently signing a contract.

Have to love these new cameras that can look through walls and see exactly is on pieces of paper!:rolleyes:

Berba is going to have to really prove something now, big club big fee, I have a feeling he will and I think Rooney will be reborn alongside him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

Some bloke on You're on SkySports reckons from his sources United got permission around 2 o'clock today to have a chat and a cup of tea with Berby.

Not a reputable source but better than Marca!

Not sure if young Campbell should be let go because if Berby or Rooney or Tevez gets injured we're back to square one as regards cover

• Advertisement

kmart6 wrote: »
    Have to love these new cameras that can look through walls and see exactly is on pieces of paper!:rolleyes:

:rolleyes: jesus christ will ya go to bed. He's sitting there with Gill beside him writing something. Obviously we cant see what he's writing but use your head.

Its unlikely that he's travelled all the way to Manchester for some sightseeing and he's writing a postcard to his granny tellin her of his lovely trip to Manchester. Or maybe Gill is babysitting him and he;s drawing pictures of animals and dinosaurs cos hes bored?

FAIL

Campbell as part of the deal now by the looks of it?!

ferguson has crossed a line which would merit points deduction at the very least.

We'll get those points back at Anfield anyway.

:rolleyes: jesus christ will ya go to bed. He's sitting there with Gill beside him writing something. Obviously we cant see what he's writing but use your head.

Oh relax would you....you don't know exactly what is being signed so cop on, and take a joke!

lmao :D quality

• Advertisement

FFS I can't believe people actually think that David Gill and Sir Alex Ferguson have brought Berbatov to Utd for a deal and medical without permission from Spurs, I mean come on seriously people, I have no love for UTD but I do respect Ferguson and I wouldn't believe he would be involved in such actions.

Oh relax would you....you don't know exactly what is being signed so cop on, and take a joke!

Theres only one thing he'd be signing in OT on deadline day in all fairness.

Joke taken, ass out hug? :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,677 ✭✭✭Chong

Most people acting the twonk, and because it Man U well we are tapping up scumbags remember.

Fair play Villian lad good post.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭shane86

Tom65 wrote: »
    Okay...I'm sorry...but...WHAT THE F*CK!?

I went to college at 11am. Things were quiet. Rumours of a Man City take over. No real transfers.

Now it's 6 hours later. I just got home. Man City are incredibly rich, and bidding for Villa, Gomez and BERBATOV!? Finnan is gone to Espanyol?

Every striker is rumoured to be sitting in Fergie's office while Berbatov is at two places at once having signed for Man City.

Well summed up :D The uncertainty, the breaking world changing news (in EPL terms at least), its been like footballs September 11th today.

With some Arabs thrown in for good measure :pac:

I cant understand why this consortium basically bought the club this morning and then went shopping for players. If they want to challenge for the CL this year they should have been in by the close of last season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,678 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

with torres and steve out

should be alot easier

Villain wrote: »
    I do respect Ferguson and I wouldn't believe he would be involved in such actions.

i agreed with everything you said up until this! ;)

Jebus you should go and write for a tabloid taking lines out of a paragraph and rehashing them. Reason why you didnt include the whole post?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭curry-muff

Everyone have a bit of cop on, there is no way fergie would risk a point deduction, this surely is all planed out well, spurs have probably kept quiet because as ramos said in an interview yesterday he would want another player if berbatov has to leave. Berbatov is soon going to be a united player and everyone is just jealous and scared that united are going to dominate again. I understand like but for gods sake stop clutching at straws and give up your point deduction rants.

Well if Spurs dont get another striker signed in the next hour they are going to look like idiots

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Sky News are saying he's signed with United. :cool::cool::cool:

• Advertisement

Well if Spurs dont get another striker signed in the next hour they are going to look like idiots
    but they've bought basically a new squad since January when Ramos came.......if they gel together well they'll fly

Jebus you should go and write for a tabloid taking lines out of a paragraph and rehashing them. Reason why you didnt include the whole post?

I would have thought it would be obvious what you were referring to? no?

Yeah, he's obviously doing the Mirror crossword with Gill helping him out.

Well if the photographers have been called he must be signing, don't want to upset that grumpy bunch by pulling them out of bed for no reason :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,407 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

niallk wrote: »
    Film of the year in my book. The cause of countless nights of quoting/annoying my friends... Hey! If you have a milkshake, and I have a milkshake. And I have a straw(holds up finger), there it is, that's a straw you see. And my straw... REACHES...
    acccrrrroooooooossssss the room and starts to drink your milkshake:
    I DRINK YOUR MILKSHAKE. SSSLLLLLUUUUUURRRRRPPPPP
    I DRINK IT UP!

yes, yes it is ****ing awesome. Fav bit was where the kid has the accident - great chaotic scene. Will watch again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,716 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

i agreed with everything you said up until this! ;)

Did you not tell me last week that deals like this could never be done on the last day of the transfer window? New sig material I sense. ;)

Personally driving to the airport to pick the lad up, Ferguson is a legend!!

Specifically parading him around the offices with curtains open, priceless.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

SSN are saying United have submitted paperwork to proper authorities and berba will wear number 9...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭Skud

ssn just said he going to wear number 9 shirt this season. how the **** do they know, they didnt even know he had permission to sign. now saying paper work submitted by utd. also they went into gills office and closed the shutters

damn just beat me to it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭NaiveMelodies

NUMBER 9- DIMI BERBATOV

DONT DOUBT FERGIE AS IVE WATCHED MANY OF YOU DO TODAY.

fantastic

• Advertisement

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    yes, yes it is ****ing awesome. Fav bit was where the kid has the accident - great chaotic scene. Will watch again.

Wrong thread!!

SSN reports Berb will wear number 9 and paperwork is being submitted!!!

GET IN, and once again :D hahaha at all the folks who were temporary City fans today!!

Advertisement