Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Berbatov to whoever thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,592 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Frazier Campbell wont be allowed play against United as part of the deal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

It's a joke that people thought United were operating behind Spurs backs.

Ridiculuos.

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 749 ✭✭✭niallk

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    yes, yes it is ****ing awesome. Fav bit was where the kid has the accident - great chaotic scene. Will watch again.
    There's a whole ocean of oil under our feet. No one can get at it except for me.
    etc.
    :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 584 ✭✭✭hallelujah

My God SSN are such phonies.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭Skud

KevIRL wrote: »
    Frazier Campbell wont be allowed play against United as part of the deal

that can only work in a loan deal... nobody knows the fee/deal terms

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Tom65

35 minutes. Can it be done? I bloody well hope so.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,008 ✭✭✭delija_sever029

Congrats to United,although i was against bringing Berbatov in the club from the beggining its always nice to see how United wins,even in a transfer match:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

hallelujah wrote: »
    My God SSN are such phonies.
    Why?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,562 ✭✭✭GrumPy

Berba's with united now. Interesting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭Skud

Skud wrote: »
    that can only work in a loan deal... nobody knows the fee/deal terms

actually ssn news reporting campbell at spurs for a medical?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭m@cc@

Skud wrote: »
    actually ssn news reporting campbell at spurs for a medical?

Have they also said the United know nothing about it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭NaiveMelodies

how sickened are real madrid and chelsea right now?? hmmm...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,407 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

This is ending as I thought it would do. The interesting things remaining to be discussed are:

- how much in terms of fee and wages;
    - is campbell going the other way;
    - when was permission to speak given and when did Utd begin speaking to him;

I'd be extremely surprised if Utd left themselves open on the final count.

As an aside, SSN seem completely unprofessional and clueless.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,635 ✭✭✭tribulus

Tbh this is the first time I've watched a deadline countdown, is it always this manic and are the presenters always like that or is it just because of the "sagas" involved this time?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,446 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

This is ending as I thought it would do. The interesting things remaining to be discussed are:

- how much in terms of fee and wages;
    - is campbell going the other way;
    - when was permission to speak given and when did Utd begin speaking to him;

I'd be extremely surprised if Utd left themselves open on the final count.

As an aside, SSN seem completely unprofessional and clueless.
    even if United did not have permission to talk to him, if we have agreed a deal with spurs (and especially if Campbel is going the other way in some fashion) there is no way we will get done. Spurs will keep quiet and pocket the cash, or they'll moan a bit in the press but do nothing official. There is no way a deal will be done that doesn't put a gag order on spurs if we were out of line.

Tauren wrote: »
    even if United did not have permission to talk to him, if we have agreed a deal with spurs (and especially if Campbel is going the other way in some fashion) there is no way we will get done. Spurs will keep quiet and pocket the cash, or they'll moan a bit in the press but do nothing official. There is no way a deal will be done that doesn't put a gag order on spurs if we were out of line.

That's true. If they moan about it in the press we'll know and can discuss it though!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,446 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

That's true. If they moan about it in the press we'll know and can discuss it though!!
    But you'll get the reply "If we had done something illegal we'd have been done for it, or they would have made a formal complaint"

I reckon you'll get some moaning, but nothing concrete and specific to tapping up or abduction - not now the deal has been done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Tom65

I am knackered. I just want to hear this deal has gone through so I can go to bed in peace!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

The level of stupidity on this thread alleging that Berbatov could go to Carrington without Spurs' permission is mind-boggling. Enough said.

The huge losers today are Chelsea and Real Madrid.

Chelsea have been outbid for a player that slimy Kenyon said they were going to sign. What it says about Robinho's lack of ambition is another issue.

And Real? They were going to spend silly money to to take Ronaldo from Old Trafford. At the end of the day they sell one of their prized assets. Senor Calderon's days are numbered methinks.

[Edit] By the way, well done to Sparky for a great coup. Pity the rest of the the squad can't match him.

Tauren wrote: »
    But you'll get the reply "If we had done something illegal we'd have been done for it, or they would have made a formal complaint"

I reckon you'll get some moaning, but nothing concrete and specific to tapping up or abduction - not now the deal has been done.

Yep, yep - can't dispute that is how it would go. However, if (and I'm saying if because there is no proof at this point) Utd did speak to him without permission then there can be no more moaning next summer of how Real go about finalising the Ronaldo transfer.

Will also be interested to see how much Spurs have profited from the deal.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,635 ✭✭✭tribulus

Finally confirmed according to SSN.

30.75M.

Spurs won't be following up any complaints as part of the deal supposedly also.

1) Berbatov to Utd for 30.75m
    2) Campbell to Spurs for season long loan deal
    3) Spurs agree to drop complaint as part of the deal

Pleased about that part.

Spurs got over their valuation. They owe the lads at City a night on the beer imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

1) Berbatov to Utd for 30.75m
    3) Spurs agree to drop complaint as part of the deal
    Back of the net :) Been watching SSN all f*cking day (drinking at the same time though :p)

The f*cking relief!!! :D

F*ck your Robinho, we've got our Berbatov,
    f*ck your Robinho, we've got our Berbatov.......

:pac:
    Spurs got over their valuation. They owe the lads at City a night on the beer imo.

True that!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 749 ✭✭✭niallk

The level of stupidity on this thread alleging that Berbatov could go to Carrington without Spurs' permission is mind-boggling. Enough said.

The huge losers today are Chelsea and Real Madrid.

Chelsea have been outbid for a player that slimy Kenyon said they were going to sign. What it says about Robinho's lack of ambition is another issue.

And Real? They were going to spend silly money to to take Ronaldo from Old Trafford. At the end of the day they sell one of their prized assets. Senor Calderon's days are numbered methinks.

[Edit] By the way, well done to Sparky for a great coup. Pity the rest of the the squad can't match him.
    I think for Robinho it was more a case of wanting out of a club which has treated him like sh*t. He was asking for a new deal since May but Real didn't give it to him because they were so sure they were getting Ronaldo. This is what he said in his press conference on Sunday.

They might as well as they won't be able to spend it on players.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

Calderon was left a bit bitter me thinks ''the fact he chose City means he didn't leave for sporting reasons''

anyway as dave said F*ck your Robinho, we've got our Berbatov

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

ha true. Finally we can all go to bed and then find out in the morning whether stoke got their players or not :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,999 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Second best signing of the say imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

saha the 1st?:p

F*cking shocking transfer day :pac: Right to the f*cking wire, bloody hell
    evad_lhorg wrote: »
    saha the 1st?:p

Indeed, what a coup for Everton's medical staff :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

I'd imagine an awful lot of that 30.75 million is conditional, which I hope will all be paid :)

Dave! wrote: »
    F*cking shocking transfer day :pac: Right to the f*cking wire, bloody hell

Indeed, what a coup for Everton's medical staff :pac:
    One of the best there's been

What would SSN have done without them Arab lads buying citeh :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,046 ✭✭✭eZe^

Are you for real? Real just ousted a money hungering Brazilian from the team for 42 million euro. They were having problems with Robinho before the Ronaldo saga because he was demanding three times his current wages, with Real only offering twice that amount. When they refused to let him go to Chelsea, he threw a hissy fit, calling his own private press conference. In the end Real sold him for MORE than they were asking from Chelsea. Real are laughing all the way to the bank mate.

It was an excellent piece of business for both sides. Now City have one of the most balanced and strong first XI's in the EPL, and Real have pocketed cash that they will inevitably spend on Villa/ Huntelaar/ C. Ronaldo.

• Advertisement

Adamcp898 wrote: »
    One of the best there's been

What would SSN have done without them Arab lads buying citeh :pac:
    Probably kept telling us about Stoke :pac:
    eZe^ wrote: »
    Are you for real? Real just ousted a money hungering Brazilian from the team for 42 million euro. They were having problems with Robinho before the Ronaldo saga because he was demanding three times his current wages, with Real only offering twice that amount. When they refused to let him go to Chelsea, he threw a hissy fit, calling his own private press conference. In the end Real sold him for MORE than they were asking from Chelsea. Real are laughing all the way to the bank mate.

It was an excellent piece of business for both sides. Now City have one of the most balanced and strong first XI's in the EPL, and Real have pocketed cash that they will inevitably spend on Villa/ Huntelaar/ C. Ronaldo.

I believe Ramon Calderon said that Robinho actually CRIED with sadness/frustration at the prospect of playing for Real next season!!! Pinch of salt though :D lol

Oh what a day

Dave! wrote: »
    Probably kept telling us about Stoke :pac:
    Jumping between them and Tanner in Scotland via ''our man in the north east''

Real have pocketed cash that they will inevitably spend on Villa/ Huntelaar/ C. Ronaldo.

Not any time soon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I said last season a few times how I'd love to see Berba at United and now it's happened. :cool:

I really feel this guy could help United to retain the CL. Pure class.

PHB wrote: »
    I'd imagine an awful lot of that 30.75 million is conditional, which I hope will all be paid :)

Why do you say this?

Also, the fact that Spurs dropped a complaint as part of the deal mean they believe Utd acted improperly. Ronaldo is fair game next summer lads however Real want to go about it. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,999 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Why do you say this?

Also, the fact that Spurs dropped a complaint as part of the deal mean they believe Utd acted improperly. Ronaldo is fair game next summer lads however Real want to go about it. :)
    While I understand your sentiments here, its still not right for any club to do this. I don't think the bigger clubs really care about it that much, they seem to be able to do as they want.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,692 ✭✭✭Loomis

niallk wrote: »
    I think for Robinho it was more a case of wanting out of a club which has treated him like sh*t. He was asking for a new deal since May but Real didn't give it to him because they were so sure they were getting Ronaldo. This is what he said in his press conference on Sunday.

Robinho and his agent have also said that, apart from feeling Real treated him like ****, that he wanted to become the best player in the world and he can't do that at Real feeling the way he does. So it's hard to imagine how he sees himself becoming the best player in the world at Man City.
    For Man City it's a fantastic deal. For Robinho it's strange and contradicts everything he's said leaving you with the only logical assumption that it's about money.
    Until I hear otherwise I'll go with that assumption.

And on topic: I have a feeling Berbatov is going to be brilliant for us. I hope I'm not wrong. :)

Why do you say this?

Just a suspicion. Its how United have been doing deals lately, and I think the City thing created a false idea of how much United were actually willing to go above. I think the City thing pushed up the value by 3-4 million, but no more. I'd still say a lot will be conditional, which Spurs will be fine with, because its expected United will fulfill the conditions.
    Also, the fact that Spurs dropped a complaint as part of the deal mean Utd acted improperly. Ronaldo is fair game next summer lads however Real want to go about it.

Spurs dropping the complaint doesn't mean guilt. Their complaint had no basis in reality once they sold him to us. Also we didn't contribute to charity ala Liverpool.
    United always staunchly denied it, Spurs were asked for more info which was not forthcoming, imo United didn't actually do anything wrong this season with Berbatov [unlike past events :)]

Why do you say this?

That was the complaint made weeks ago about comments Fergie may/may not have made in relation to Berby

Oh, make sure people here are under any other illusions. The main reason Robinho is at Man City is 'because it's all about the Benjaminssss'.

PHB wrote: »
    Their complaint had no basis in reality once they sold him to us.

Well, once the total figure goes above their stated valuation of course they would sell, right? Even if Utd did speak to him before permission was granted. Seems like an unofficial £750k penalty to me! ;)

Oh, make sure people here are under any other illusions. The main reason Robinho is at Man City is 'because it's all about the Benjaminssss'.

100% agree.

Well, once the total figure goes above their stated valuation of course they would sell, right? Even if Utd did speak to him before permission was granted. Seems like an unofficial £750k penalty to me!

Just random guesswork though. United have never appeared in any way worried about it and Spurs have never leaked anything whatsoever to the papers about what United did, like at all. And it all came after Fergies made up comments about Berbatov. Levy is probably happy he can save face and let people believe this is backwater deal, when in reality, he had **** all to go on.

Although I think Berbatov's action were shi*ty aswell, he's an unprofessional git to be honest. 37 million euro for a player who will sulk every now and then if he isn't getting his way. You'd swear he was Zizou and was stuck at Swindon Town with his actions. Fair enough if you want to play for a bigger club, but go about it in a professional way you t*sser, refusing to play is unprofessional and well.... Sh*t. Should be an interesting season ahead anyway!

Well to be fair, its been widely reported, not least by his agent, that Spurs promised he could leave if they didn't get CL football. IMO he should have left last year.

Also, Ramos specifically stated he was 100% professional and worked hard every day. It seems like he was dropped because of his effect on the team.

And he only signed for them because he was loyal. United came in with an 11th hour bid, and he turned us down because he felt he had given his word to Spurs.

• Advertisement
Advertisement