Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Yuk Sung

• 01-09-2008 4:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 29

Hi guys,

Does anyone have a recipe for Chinese Yuk Sung. My local takeaway does a very good version, with my favourite being in Wongs in Ranelagh.

I would like to get a good recipe for it - I have tried googling and have a couple of recipes but would like to hear from some members on this board who have a tried and tested recipe.

Thanks,

Paul24

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Minder

Serves 6 as a starter - made with chicken but pork could be used.

500g chicken thighs
    3 tbsps Shaoxing wine
    3 tbsps light soy sauce
    2 tsps seasme oil
    8 dried shiitake mushrooms
    150g water chestnuts
    1 tsp sugar
    1 clove of garlic
    4 spring onions finely chopped
    4cm piece of fresh root ginger
    2 red chillies finely chopped
    12 crisp Little Gem lettuce leaves
    salt & pepper

Mince the chicken in a food processor with the shaoxing wine, soy & seasme oil. Put the dried mushrooms in a bowl of boiled water and leave to rehydrate for 30 minutes. Drain, save the liquid and chop the mushrooms. Blanch the water chestnuts in boiled water for a minute and rinse under cold water. Chop.

Heat a wok until smoking and add some vegetable oil. Add the chopped ginger, garlic, chilli and spring onion and cook for a minute, add the sugar and the chicken mince and cook for five minutes breaking up the chicken mixture as you go. Add the water chestnuts and mushrooms and mushroom liquid and cook on a high heat until the liquid is gone. Taste for seasoning and add salt and pepper as required. Load the cooked mixture into the lettuce leaves and eat.

Advertisement