Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Daily Mail

Options
  • 01-09-2008 5:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 24,084 ✭✭✭✭

Am I hallucinating? This article, one of the usual one expects from this rag, discusses Al Pacino's large paunch and the fact that he's been piling on the pounds. I expected to see him being lifted from his bed by a crane, but surprisingly, he's actually standing up.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1051297/Al-Paunchino-Film-legend-reveals-expanding-girth.html#addComment

Have a look at the article and tell me if you can see a paunch, or any reason for the article being written in the first place.

The Daily Mail seems to have an obsession with this kind of crap.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,330 ✭✭✭✭Amz

The Daily Mail is one of the worst excuses for a paper on the planet, the Irish Daily Mail is even worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,626 ✭✭✭Stargal

Is it crazy to suggest that someone came up with the headline first ("Hmmm, Al's looking a little chubby in that pic... hang on a second, I've a great idea for how we can make a story out of this otherwise unremarkable photograph of Pacino standing around waiting to drive his car home!") and then wrote the story?

Daily Mail is the lowest of the low. Worse than a lot of the tabloids because of its pretence at serious journalism.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

I was reading the Irish Daily Mail today as my Dad buys it and when thinking that myself- trying to be serious paper but it's obvious just crap.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,084 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

.....and apparently Hugh Laurie has an enormous bald patch :eek:

Anyone would think that he had been scalped by some nutter with a hatchet!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1051491/Pictured-Grim-faced-Hugh-Laurie-reveals-enormous-bald-patch.html

I've often wondered what the Daily Mail staff look like. I wonder if any of them are fat, bald or whatever. Perhaps they're like the Stepford husbands and Wives perfect in every way.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,626 ✭✭✭Stargal

ejmaztec wrote: »
    I've often wondered what the Daily Mail staff look like. I wonder if any of them are fat, bald or whatever. Perhaps they're like the Stepford husbands and Wives perfect in every way.
    Well to be fair I know a few people who work for the Irish Daily Mail and they're nice people. They're aware that not all of the stuff they write is hard-hitting or indeed, newsworthy journalism. They just write the stuff in the style of the paper.

Having said that I think they should be questioning what they're doing a bit more. But that's a whole other topic.

• Advertisement
Advertisement