Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vostro 1510

• 01-09-2008 5:44pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭

My sister got herself a new Vostro 1510 about three weeks ago, she rang last night to ask me what would cause there to be about 1cm wide blue line down the bottom of the screen. I got her to install the latest driver from the Dell site (It has the nVidea GeForce 8400m-GS graphics card) but too no avail. I don't have physical access to the machine as she lives in France.

Has the laptop gone tits up?

MC

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Could be a faulty graphics card, i wouldn't do anything other than ring up dell, the laptop has a years warranty minimum.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

Yeah said for her to do that, just so annoyed as I advised her on the specs and now it's biting me on the ass...

MC

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

It's a bit unfortunate alright, hopefully things will go well on the getting intouch with Dell front, let us know how she gets on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

Yeah I hope it is sorted soon, at least I don't think Dell.fr has customer service based in India, its in the south of France IIRC

MC

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭Umiq88

I have the vostro 1310 and the graphics card runs quite hot in them while gaming mine runs up to 84. It could be that in a much hotter climate and if she was using it on a duvet or something the card wasnt getting enough cooling and failed.

Theres loads of threads about it search 8400m-GS in notebook review forums

• Advertisement
Advertisement