Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Galway Musical Society?

Options
  • 01-09-2008 5:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭

Hi there, does anyone know is there a galway musical society? Ive always wanted to join one around the city but everytime i try find it i get pointed to an email address that doesn't exist. can anyone help me? thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

You really should try searching Google first, you know.

NUI Galway has one: http://www.musicsoc.nuigalway.ie/

And there's contact details here for another one (although the web site link there is out of date, it seems)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭wet-paint

Yeah, google can't always be right. Music Soc in college is for people who like music, not musicals. GUMS is the musical society in college.

GMS are the biggest and I'd say best in Galway.
    If you want contact details for them, try this lady.
    Mary Butler, Aims National Secretary
    Slieve Bloom, Kavanagh Place, Thurles, Co. Tipperary
    Telephone +353(0)504 22364
    mary.butler@aims.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭cailinoBAC

You could try asking here too.
    http://www.aims.ie/interact_discuss_displayforum.asp?ForumTag=chitchat

And don't forget to give support to the musical forum
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055349714

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭Greaney

You're right on the Google thing, they are not always the place to try first!! In fact, to find out things on the net so freely, the information source needs to be a computer user.

There used to be a Galway Musical society, it was spawned from the Renmore Panto who are still going and are a good first stop. The Patrician Musical society are more classical but they are the oldest in the city, you should be able to get contacts for them and the Renmore Panto from The Town Hall Galway.

The Power Twins produce the most musicals in Galway, again try the Town Hall for their contacts, the standard of muscials they produce is semi pro and their output is prolific.

I hope that's helpful

• Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭wet-paint

Used to be? Last time I checked, GMS was going strong.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭Greaney

My apologies, I said "used to be" because Ryanash says that they have difficulty contacting them, I presumed that Ryanash made an efford and that if they can't be contacted then they must have wound down... my mistake

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 miqui

does anyone know who to contact in the musical society? I would love to get involved in it:)

Advertisement