Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Free Sky+ box or half price HD box voucher

• 01-09-2008 6:45pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 246 ✭✭

I hope this is in the right place,

I just got a few vouchers for new subscribers.

You get 1 month free if you sign up before Oct 10th and also

You get a free Sky+ box (normally 49) or a 75 euro Sky HD box when you sign up and use this voucher ...

And of course I get one too :p

I'm sure I'm not the only one who got these but if anyone wants a voucher it'll be in the post tomorrow.

:pac::pac: I just love this smiley!

EDIT: I'm out of vouchers now, but others further down the thread have some!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 624 ✭✭✭beolight

sending pm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 205 ✭✭djb85

I have some of those vouchers too and I can post them to anyone who is looking to sign up with SKY

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭Altreab

Garth wrote: »
    I hope this is in the right place,

I just got a few vouchers for new subscribers.

You get 1 month free if you sign up before Oct 10th and also

You get a free Sky+ box (normally 49) or a 75 euro Sky HD box when you sign up and use this voucher ...

And of course I get one too :p

I'm sure I'm not the only one who got these but if anyone wants a voucher it'll be in the post tomorrow.

:pac::pac: I just love this smiley!

I am already with Sky can i use these vouchers?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 205 ✭✭djb85

It's for new customers only.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 174 ✭✭padlad

pm sent

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭Lord Nikon

pm sent

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭suppafly

on a similar note, d'ya the offer they have that u can get the sky+ box for €49, is that just for new customers only aswell? also do u have to pay an extra monthly subscription for using sky+?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,054 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Balls.. just ordered Sky last week! :(
    suppafly wrote: »
    on a similar note, d'ya the offer they have that u can get the sky+ box for €49, is that just for new customers only aswell? also do u have to pay an extra monthly subscription for using sky+?
    I got the offer for the Sky+ box for €49. That offer was supposed to finish at the end of August.. but still seems available to order online.

No extra fee for using Sky+ either!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

sky + for 49 is for new customers only, i argued this with customer service for a while. they never send me these vouchers, and i want a sky+ box, but I'm not paying 149

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,051 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

basquille wrote: »
    No extra fee for using Sky+ either!

That fee was done away with last year

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

An active subscription is needed however. Cannot unsubscribe and use the recording facilities.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭seamy_orr

Can someone PM me if there are any more of these out there, I'm going for Sky + in the next few days...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 291 ✭✭rash0001

Just got 2 vouchers in the post. PM if anyone wants them. I'm not sure if I myself want a SkyHD box as I already have a sky+ one but I don't think it should be a problem for "FRIEND" who wants one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,712 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

i was hoping to get a half price hd box

but im a existing customer

been with sky since sky came to ireland and how they treat existing customers is a disgrace

rash0001 wrote: »
    Just got 2 vouchers in the post. PM if anyone wants them. I'm not sure if I myself want a SkyHD box as I already have a sky+ one but I don't think it should be a problem for "FRIEND" who wants one.
    does the voucher have ur name on, or could someone else use the, .they never send them to me!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 241 ✭✭Stillnotworking

zuroph wrote: »
    sky + for 49 is for new customers only, i argued this with customer service for a while. they never send me these vouchers, and i want a sky+ box, but I'm not paying 149

I was in the same boat, phone up and ask for the cancellations department, tell them that Chorus / NTL are offering a deal in your area and tell them what you will move unless you get a discounted box. You get through to the cancellations dept in Cork.

Hope this helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭huddlejonny

i rang sky the other day to cancel my subscription and their cancellation dept offered me a sky hd box for 149 and the monthly hd charge reduced to 2.50 per month for hd channels. bargain:D

i rang sky the other day to cancel my subscription and their cancellation dept offered me a sky hd box for 149 and the monthly hd charge reduced to 2.50 per month for hd channels. bargain:D
    2.50 a month forever? :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,712 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

2.50 a month forever? :eek:

cant be
    probly 3 months

can u tell us what u said to them to lead them to this offer?!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

I got one (or is it two stuck together) of these vouchers in the post the other day, so if anyone was thinking of joining sky, wants the box and didn't get one of the other vouchers, let me know.
    Why do they give you 2 vouchers - is there any earthly use for a second Sky+ box? It's like a cruel joke - Especially given that the bastards never gave me a voucher until the week after I had Sky+ installed....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭TVDX

Banjo wrote: »
    I got one (or is it two stuck together) of these vouchers in the post the other day, so if anyone was thinking of joining sky, wants the box and didn't get one of the other vouchers, let me know.
    Why do they give you 2 vouchers - is there any earthly use for a second Sky+ box? It's like a cruel joke - Especially given that the bastards never gave me a voucher until the week after I had Sky+ installed....

It's one voucher. You use one code and the new subscriber uses the other.

To the person who is getting the 2.50 a month HD, that's an alright deal.
    It would only be for three months and you'll also now be locked into a 12 month contract again.

If you take up any of these offers both you and the new subscriber are obliged to subscribe for 12 months.
    Rarely worth it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭innocenteyesuk

PM sent to you Banjo :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭Qwerty?

Anyone else thinking of Signing up to Sky in the next few days, let me know and I'll be your friend, if you'll be mine ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,095 ✭✭✭zing

Same as Qwerty? here - got the vouchers in the post and was looking to upgrade to Sky+ anyway so if anyone is looking to sign up to Sky anytime soon...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 913 ✭✭✭HarryD

I might rejoin Sky to get the 2.50HD deal..
    Just need to find out how to get it from em..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 857 ✭✭✭Dagon

Hi guys,

Does anyone have a voucher left, and could I get one?

Just about to sign up... glad I found this thread :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭Qwerty?

Dagon Pm Sent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 857 ✭✭✭Dagon

Thanks Querty :pac: :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,171 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

PM to let me know and I'll have a look and let you know tomorrow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 90 ✭✭lollb

i have a voucher if anyone is wanting to join sky i want to get the sky + box... pm me if anyone is interested:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭Nedved85

i have a voucher if anybody is thinking of signing up :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭Do-more

Got vouchers in the post today too!

PM me with details if you want one!

invest4deepvalue.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭sunnyside

i was hoping to get a half price hd box

but im a existing customer

been with sky since sky came to ireland and how they treat existing customers is a disgrace

Cancel the contract and sign up again as a new customer.

I've got a voucher too.
    PM me if you want to sign up. I really want a sky+ box for myself:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭suppafly

I suppose i'll just add in here too, i've got 4 vouchers aswell if anyone wants to me my "friend" i will gladly post them. I really want a sky+ box!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

i have a voucher if anyone is wanting to join sky i want to get the sky + box... pm me if anyone is interested.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 peterhen3

just to clarify there is no offer of 2.50 for the hd channels at ALL. also if you cancel your sub and sign up as a new customer you will have to pay 49 for the sky+ and 50 for the install and then you are locked into a 12 month contract... if you pay the 149 you are in a contract for the sky+ IF you want to keep the recording facilities on the box (for freeview etc).

you are far better off introducing a friend to sky to get a free sky+ but you WILL have to pay the installation fees of 50 euro. you are entitled to the box free NOT the installation...

there seems to be a lot of confusion on here about the offers etc so i said i would clear them up for ye...

sunnyside wrote: »
    Cancel the contract and sign up again as a new customer.

I've got a voucher too.
    PM me if you want to sign up. I really want a sky+ box for myself:)

if u cancel the contract you will still have to pay the 149 and 5o for the installation so there is no point in doing it. the price is the same for new and existing customers..

and to all of ye complaining that ye have to pay 149 euro for a box... are ye for real??? the equipment costs sky 300 euro PER BOX and a further 170 to install it... sky is there to make money, it is a business less you forget, and the fact that sky is making a huge loss on each box seems irrelevant to you as you are a spoilt child and you want it cos someone else wants it.

immaturity of the highest order

install will cost them zero. box plugs into existing wires in my house, everything is there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭sunnyside

peterhen3 wrote: »
    it is a business less you forget, and the fact that sky is making a huge loss on each box seems irrelevant to you as you are a spoilt child and you want it cos someone else wants it.

immaturity of the highest order

No need to be getting upset, yes I want a sky+ box and just like everything else I buy I want it as cheap as possible because after I've paid the mortgage, ESB, Gas........bills I don't have enough disposable income for an expensive sky+ box.

I'm not cancelling my contract, don't think I could anyway, I've only had it for 6 months.

Maybe unhappy customers should cancel the SKY and sign up to Chorus instead. They send me letters almost every week offering the equivalent of a sky + box for free.:)

• Advertisement

install will cost them zero. box plugs into existing wires in my house, everything is there.

you still need to pay for the engineer to come out regardless

also the sky+ needs 2 coax cables to fully function

sunnyside wrote: »
    No need to be getting upset, yes I want a sky+ box and just like everything else I buy I want it as cheap as possible because after I've paid the mortgage, ESB, Gas........bills I don't have enough disposable income for an expensive sky+ box.

I'm not cancelling my contract, don't think I could anyway, I've only had it for 6 months.

Maybe unhappy customers should cancel the SKY and sign up to Chorus instead. They send me letters almost every week offering the equivalent of a sky + box for free.:)

the box is not yours to own as it is with sky and you pay a rental on the box, when u quit chorus u are left with nothing.... and also they are crap anyway.... i was with them before and i tried for 2 weeks every day to get through to them.. very annoying...

if u want a cheap sky+ then intro a friend...

you still need to pay for the engineer to come out regardless

also the sky+ needs 2 coax cables to fully function
    i have the 2 coax cables. there was a sky+ in my house before. forthe engineer to charge them 170 to come out and plug 2 wires in is scandalous.

the engineers are outsourced to 2 companies, finlays and sierra so they arent really "sky engineers".. to be fair that covers a guarantee with it 2 altho the costs are fairly bloated i'll grant you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭Freddie59

the box is not yours to own as it is with sky and you pay a rental on the box, when u quit chorus u are left with nothing.... and also they are crap anyway......

Do you work for Sky by any chance?:D I got the NTL DVR during the week and it is truly impressive. I believe it misses a couple of things like series link, but overall I'm delighted with it.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 azerty_azerty

Can someone PM me if there are any more of these out there, i'm going to get Sky+ in the next few days

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,095 ✭✭✭zing

PM sent

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭tony1kenobi

I have a couple of these vouchers.If anyone wants them pm me.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 amber101

I have a couple of these vouchers too If anyone would like them you can pm me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,085 ✭✭✭paddydriver

I was on to them today trying to get my Dad the €149 Sky HD box - gonna cancel multi room and use the €15 towards HD and then just get the free to view stuff on his second box.

Anyway, they may as well advertise it as €199 for HD box as they insist on the install - I told them that he has Sky+ for years now and therefore we just want the box to install and he will pay his €15 P/M (Did not tell them I was cancelling multi room yet).

It is a scam being forced to pay the €50 install. A supervisor was meant to call me back but no word yet. My Dad told me to to just pay it but I told him I never agree anything with Sky until there is a deal on the table:D

Think on this one I might be just paying the €199. Crock of the brown stuff...

• Advertisement
Advertisement