Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Free Sky+ box or half price HD box voucher

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 107 ✭✭doodio

Can someone please PM me one of these vouchers.
    Cheers!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭tony1kenobi

doodio wrote: »
    Can someone please PM me one of these vouchers.
    Cheers!

PM sent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭innocenteyesuk

Can get one of these too? Thanks a mill!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23 pmulv

Can get one of these too? Thanks a mill!
    I have one of these vouchers if anyone thinking of joining sky is interested. PM me

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭35notout

I have some of these vouchers - PM me if you want some!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 336 ✭✭cyborg

2 more vouchers up 4 grabs here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭TequilaMockingBird

Ooh this is cool! I'm in the middle of signing up online and though I'd do a quick check here to see if there was any offer I was missing. Not sure if I can use it with online ordering but I'll try it now.

If there are still any free, could you PM me please. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 291 ✭✭rash0001

sueme wrote: »
    Ooh this is cool! I'm in the middle of signing up online and though I'd do a quick check here to see if there was any offer I was missing. Not sure if I can use it with online ordering but I'll try it now.

If there are still any free, could you PM me please. :)

PM Sent ;)

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 1,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭karltimber

anyone ever try to ring sky and do the whole "I'm leaving for UPC" line.

have basic sky and want to get the sky+ box.

200euro is a bit steep for it.
    Not sure if I want to leave and then re-sign.

K

• Advertisement

rash0001 wrote: »
    PM Sent ;)

And very helpful he was too! Sky+ due to be installed in 11 days for €49. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭angryInch

I have 2 vouchers up for grabs.
    Just noticed that the offer is for either a free Sky+ box each, or else a SkyHD box (incorporates everything that the Sky+ box does, but has twice the memory) for €75 each.
    Would anyone looking to sign up with Sky like to take up that HD offer?
    Also, if anyone is looking to sign up just for the Sky+ I will go halves in that too.

PM me if you want one of these vouchers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭suppafly

I rang them up and told them that I thought i should be able to avail of the €49 sky+ box. I very calmly and politely put across my point about being a customer of theirs for 8yrs and having been on their full package all that time. I told him I was very happy with their service so far and If i wasn't rewarded for being a loyal customer for so long I might look else where. He went off to check my account and ask his supervisor and then came back and said he would give me the offer and free installation.

If you r with them a number of yrs I think u should be able to get it, but if u have only been with them for like a yr or 2 i doubt u'll get it. Which is fair enough really.

Also about the people saying about cancelling and re-signing up. I said that to the first sales person i was onto and he said if u did that u would have to pay for a new installation and u still wouldn't get it as they keep u on their files for 12months. As said before the best bet is to refer a friend

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

I was on to them today n' all. The refer a friend guy was very helpful, but he referred me to customer care, which was staffed by possibly the most indignant woman I've ever had the misfortune to speak to (might be all the people ringing her looking for discounts :) ). Anyway, if you already have a Sky+ box, they won't give you another one for referring a friend unless you also pay for the installation. They will however give you a €75 euro cheque which is roughly half of what you may have paid for your Sky+ box, but still leaves you having paid well over the €49 they're giving it to new subscribers for, never mind the one's they're giving to referers for free. Slightly better than a kick in the teeth though, I guess.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭blue-army

Is this offer only open to new customers?

I have the basic Sky box, and I'm looking to upgrade to Sky+

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭kmick

blue-army wrote: »
    Is this offer only open to new customers?
    I have the basic Sky box, and I'm looking to upgrade to Sky+

Was in your situation 6 months back back and rang them up and said UPC were offering free recording box in my area and I wanted to cancel. I pretended I was as dumb as a post and they offered me a sky+ box for nothing and a 69 installation. Try it and see if it works out. I would recommend trying for the HD box and just using it as a sky+ box as it costs 15 a month currently for a about 6 channels stuck on reapeat.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 1,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭karltimber

I rang them yesterday and got a person who told me the offer was purely for new customers & can't leave & rejoin etc.
    So, may ring the cancel dept and see if they try to keep me. :rolleyes:
    If they allow me to leave the phone may go all crackly and die out...:pac:

The cancel dept might have a bit more power than the subscription dept.

e200 is a bit steep for the sky+ box alright, just upgrading from sky.

K

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,233 ✭✭✭leex

Can someone PM me a voucher code and instructions on where I should ring etc. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭angryInch

leex wrote: »
    Can someone PM me a voucher code and instructions on where I should ring etc. Thanks.

PM sent

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 24,014 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

sorry, don't need it now (damn relations :) )

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,003 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

With these voucher codes do I (as an existing Sky cust) get a free sky+ box then and my friend (new cust) gets one too?

If so, can I have a code please?? :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6 timmydel

Hi , I have some vouchers for this offer. If you are thinking of getting Sky (new customers only) before 10th Oct then let me know.(You only get normal Sky box when signing up without offer)I will also get a free Sky+ box for recommending you !!Thanks.(Just have to pay E50 installation.)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 168 ✭✭kcools

timmydel wrote: »
    Hi , I have some vouchers for this offer. If you are thinking of getting Sky (new customers only) before 10th Oct then let me know.(You only get normal Sky box when signing up without offer)I will also get a free Sky+ box for recommending you !!Thanks.(Just have to pay E50 installation.)

I also have some of these vouchers so once Timmydel's have been used up please feel free to PM me to get your free Sky+ box!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,283 ✭✭✭Deedsie

Hi all, i am thinking of getting Sky+ in as a new customer. I am currently with chorus. Terrible service.

I dont really understand this offer but if anyone has the vouchers id really appreciate being involved in any bargains.

If someone could PM me a voucher code and instructions on where I should ring etc. That would be great.

Thanks.

Deedsie PM sent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,565 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

i have a sky+ box already but my sister is gonna join up so can i still refer her?or is there any other deals going?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭Qwerty?

yabadabado wrote: »
    i have a sky+ box already but my sister is gonna join up so can i still refer her?or is there any other deals going?

I suppose you could if you wanted to upgrade to Sky HD, otherwise I'll refer her :D (PM Sent)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 JohnGone

Qwerty? wrote: »
    I suppose you could if you wanted to upgrade to Sky HD, otherwise I'll refer her :D (PM Sent)

Anyone else planning to sign up and looking for referral?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 238 ✭✭fatboymsport

i'm looking to sign up and get the HD box can anyone help me out

thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,850 ✭✭✭Fnz

I'm also interested in signing up for Sky+ as a new customer.

From what I can gather, I just need a voucher code (and the number I have to ring would be nice) to avail of the offer, correct? I would appreciate if someone could PM me with the necessary info.

Cheers in advance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭newballsplease

Fnz wrote: »

From what I can gather, I just need a voucher code (and the number I have to ring would be nice) to avail of the offer, correct? I would appreciate if someone could PM me with the necessary info.

Cheers in advance.

same as that please..if thats all you need.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭Do-more

same as that please..if thats all you need.

PM sent.

invest4deepvalue.com

You will need the name of the voucher "giver", their address and phone number as well as their contract number, and the voucher code.

sueme wrote: »
    You will need the name of the voucher "giver", their address and phone number as well as their contract number, and the voucher code.
    Did they really ask for all this Sueme? It says nothing about needing all this info on the voucher.The "receiver" just rings up and signs up using the code. The "giver" needs only the recommended customers 12 digit contract number when they have signed up in order to get their free box.I still have a voucher by the way if anyone wants it.

Yes, sueme is right! They need the contract number to check if the existing user is entitled to the introduce a friend promotion. They also need the details of the existing customer as they have to verify if the existing customer really introduced the new customer or if the new customer robbed the voucher and contract number! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭35notout

Fnz wrote: »

Cheers in advance.

PM sent

• Closed Accounts Posts: 238 ✭✭fatboymsport

thanks for all the pm's i am sorted now

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭dohda

anyone got any vouchers left? would be very much appreciated!!

dohda wrote: »
    anyone got any vouchers left? would be very much appreciated!!
    pm sent

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭dohda

got it, thanks folks!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4 JohnGone

JohnGone wrote: »
    Anyone else planning to sign up and looking for referral?

Anyone?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 505 ✭✭✭construct06

im lookin for a voucher too.

also need no. to ring

just to confirm, ill be a new customer, so ill have to pay €50 for installation.

what are the monthly costs therafter? is there an introductory 3/6 month reduced monthly payment?

also need no. to ring

just to confirm, ill be a new customer, so ill have to pay €50 for installation.

what are the monthly costs therafter? is there an introductory 3/6 month reduced monthly payment?

New customers have to pay just the €50 installation. Unless you want an HD box which will be €74.50 + €50 for Installation.
    Monthly costs range from around €20-€70 depending on your package. Your first month is free. No more reduced payments.

also need no. to ring

PM sent

invest4deepvalue.com

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,003 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

I posted a page or two back so maybe it got lost..

I'm an existing subscriber but my mate wants to get Sky in now. If I get a voucher, will that give us both free Sky+ boxes?

If so, can I have a voucher please? :)

Kaiser2000 wrote: »
    I posted a page or two back so maybe it got lost..

I'm an existing subscriber but my mate wants to get Sky in now. If I get a voucher, will that give us both free Sky+ boxes?

If so, can I have a voucher please? :)

I don't know if the codes are transferable in that way, i think all existing sky subscribers should have got the vouchers so yours may have got lost in the post. Your best bet is to ring Sky customer care and complain that you haven't received yours I'm sure they will only be too delighted to sort you out when you tell them you have a new subscriber lined up!

invest4deepvalue.com

• Advertisement

Has any existing customer called sky yet after introducing a friend? Is there a 12 Months contract involved? And do existing customers have to pay for installation? From Sky+ to Sky HD all you have to do is change the boxes as the wiring and all is the same! Can't Sky just post the box or something?

rash0001 wrote: »
    Has any existing customer called sky yet after introducing a friend? Is there a 12 Months contract involved? And do existing customers have to pay for installation? From Sky+ to Sky HD all you have to do is change the boxes as the wiring and all is the same! Can't Sky just post the box or something?
    Yes new 12 month contract.You have to pay 50euro for installation. I rang sky to find out if I could just buy a Sky+box as a mate of mine would install it for free.(already have quad lnb installed).No dice though,they want an official installer to do it.For 200euro they can keep it !!

• Registered Users Posts: 49 atticus

I'd like one of those vouchers if there's any still going.:confused:

Regards,

Atticus.

Atticus - PM Sent.

Offer expires on 10th October.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

Hey just talking with mate and we are both getting, Can we use this voucher and still get the 75 quid that is on offer when you refer someone???

Can I get one of the vouchers. I am just looking to get Sky +

• Advertisement
Advertisement