Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Demister Q!

Options
  • 01-09-2008 6:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 606 ✭✭✭

At the risk of sounding a fool, I'm wondering if anyone knows how to properly demist a car window in the rain?? :rolleyes: I've been told to use hot air and told to use cold air and all sorts of tips, none of which work unless I want to drive with the window down in the rain! :p cheers :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

Warm, fresh air directed towards the windows, a/c on if fitted. Make sure your ventilation's not set to recirculate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭brundle

Didnt have this problem of fogged up windows since I got air conditioned cars so that is the proper cure but to clear it, warm air blower set to windscreen will do the trick. If you are having major problems, maybe your car is leaking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭Tipsy Mac

Most likely you don't have the air circulating onto the windscreen. It should be on the setting that's here in the pic on the left dial and set to hot...

aircon.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭bbam

If you're having ongoing problems keeping mist down there might be a problem...
    You might be taking in water into the cabin which leads to excessive misting....Check for damp on the carpets etc.

Also it can depend in other things like the polen filter, on my passat if the pollen filter is dirty the ability to get fresh air in is dramatically reduced and maked de-misting more difficult..

Cheers
    bam

Advertisement